• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference

ok, c'mon, i had to get dibs on this one.

it's 6:19AM

let's see where this thread ends up by noon.

in any case, good morning everyone, i hope you enjoy the show.

revoltionspot_120spot_1.jpg

Tiktaalik

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the press conferences for sony and microsoft last night, so I'm watching them now. I'm anxiously awaiting the nintendo one.

I've been awake all night playing poker and reading the forum. I'm afraid to fall asleep now, or I probably won't wake up. I've mastered sleeping through my alarm.

Lakitu

st5fu
Microsoft's press conference was OK.
Sony's press conference was AWESOME, even if MGS 4 wasn't present.
Come on Nintendo!

I've stayed up for the majority of the night (studying too), so I'm really tired, but excited :D

Society said:
Well I did not see Halo 3 last night, so you are 0-1. :p
hey, i never said it was gonna be there, i said it should be there. MS made a teaser, why they didn't show it, is fuckin way beyond me. especially with the beat down they got yesterday.

0 for 1 with you maybe.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I honestly have no idea what to expect anymore. Such mixed reports.

Which I guess is the best way to go into these things.

Zep

Banned
*off to play MVP baseball till this shit starts*

Hi, my name is Kim, and i just fucked up your stream.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Lakitu said:
Sony's press conference was AWESOME, even if MGS 4 wasn't present.

I think I missed something from the Sony conference, since everyone is acting like it was good, or shit, even great.
They showed the system and the controller (not too great), showed off the specs (lower than expected) and showed some CGI from games (good looking, but that's to be expected). All in all I thought it was pretty bland and uninteresting, standard Sony E3 showing.

Amir0x

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
I think I missed something from the Sony conference, since everyone is acting like it was good, or shit, even great. They showed the system and the controller (not too great), showed off the specs (lower than expected) and showed some CGI from games (good looking, but that's to be expected). All in all I thought it was pretty bland and uninteresting, standard Sony E3 showing.

Yup, you definitely missed something.

IN NIGHTTRAIN WE TRUST

StRaNgE

Banned
looking forward to it. with the release of those new Zelda pics i started my day with a smile. still not so sure on the Rev design but it is small from what i can tell.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hope we get lots of game/demo footage. Expecting Nintendo to hold more back than Sony and Microsoft though so trying not to expect too much. There's bound to be a big focus on DS online and Zelda, it's not like whole thing is going to be dedicated to next-gen like the others.

Nintendo are off to a good start with the design of the console atleast.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
Yup, you definitely missed something.

IN NIGHTTRAIN WE TRUST

So what the hell did I miss? I'd like to be excited again after MS disappointed last night.

Timen

So Johnny, on a scale from one to ten, where would you put Xbox 360, PS3 and Revolution, going by all the information you know at this point in time?

(the same goes for anybody who has seen all three consoles)

edit; i'm talking about the personal exitement scale :)

Amir0x

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
So what the hell did I miss? I'd like to be excited again after MS disappointed last night.

i don't know, Revenant. You tell me. What did you miss? I could take a wild guess...

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Deku Tree said:
If they don't show the Revolution controller I will be dissapointed.

As we're definitely going to see the system, pretty damn certain to see footage of some sort, will probably see specs...I think that might be the only thing they hold back. I wouldn't be disappointed as long as we got the rest, though it would be strange given Nintendo's emphasis on things other than graphics.

I'm kind of hoping Sony revealed more than they expected, so they'll bring everything out. We'll see.

Gessle

I'm in the Nintendo E3 website. It's 15:36 pm (European time) and the countdown says it's 4h 24 minutes left for the live conference. Has the conference been delayed for an hour?

RevenantKioku

Amir0x said:
i don't know, Revenant. You tell me. What did you miss? I could take a wild guess...

Okay, fine I get it. :p

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
RevenantKioku said:
I think I missed something from the Sony conference, since everyone is acting like it was good, or shit, even great.
They showed the system and the controller (not too great), showed off the specs (lower than expected) and showed some CGI from games (good looking, but that's to be expected). All in all I thought it was pretty bland and uninteresting, standard Sony E3 showing.

The realtime PS3 tech-demos were great in my opinion, and doing a lot of interesting and impressive stuff. Especially the new rubber duck demo. They saved it for me, the game demos all looked too much like CG to be impressed by them at the moment. Although from an artistic point of view Killzone was very well done.

Nighttrain, are you still impressed with what you've seen after seeing all the other conferences? Are you maybe... MORE impressed?

it wud b fun if they went down the honest route

"Ok we know things could have been better the past 2 gens but we still did well. Thats about to change"

*unveiling*

wooooooshhhhh splurge heart attack omg nintendo!!

Kandinsky

Johnny Nighttrain said:
ok, c'mon, i had to get dibs on this one.

it's 6:19AM

let's see where this thread ends up by noon.

in any case, good morning everyone, i hope you enjoy the show.

revoltionspot_120spot_1.jpg

You know NOTHING :p

Torpedo

Neo Member
I heared there is a Tekken game with Reggie in it ... in the trailer he is fighting Jin Kazama and kicking him right in the Ass :lol

Gessle said:
I'm in the Nintendo E3 website. It's 15:36 pm (European time) and the countdown says it's 4h 24 minutes left for the live conference. Has the conference been delayed for an hour?

no thats til the site goes live after the conference with all the info

eso76

Johnny Nighttrain said:
hey, i never said it was gonna be there, i said it should be there. MS made a teaser, why they didn't show it, is fuckin way beyond me. especially with the beat down they got yesterday.

0 for 1 with you maybe.

maybe they decided not to show it when they saw killzone 2 looked 10x better ? : )
well, there's still time to show it, right ?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Tag.

I'm goin to take a nap now. Downloaded Alarmwiz so I won't miss it this shit better be worth it or I'm hangin up my conservative Nintendo fanboyism forever.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Johnny Nighttrain said:

0 for 1 with you maybe.
I am just setting the expectations really low. I hope you are right, about what ever you predicted.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Main thing I want from Nintendo and Revolution is just something different from what we're used to. The fact I found the PS3 tech-demos more interesting than any of the games they showed says it all really. And same goes for Microsoft, with the exception of NNN.

I'm more excited by upcoming games on the current machines (Zelda, Okami, PSU, Wanda, Katamari 2) than the next-gen at the moment. Hopefully Nintendo will change that, but keeping expectations low.

Top Bottom