• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference

Odnetnin

Banned
oh god. I just saw the 1up rev image. Johnny... is it the weakest console (so Perrin's comment about it being 2-3 times more robust than gc is true?) How can they fit lots of horsepower into that shell?

i get this
image14mh.jpg

OmniGamer

Another thing I called to myself...Revolution was a pretty good name, and unlike most "In development codenames", wasn't too "extreme" to pass off as a final name. I likey!

Madrin

I like the name Revolution, too. I've grown fond of it.

Is it true that Matt C. was the first one to call it Revolution? I recall last E3 GAF was saying Matt misconstrued what Iwata said during the conference, and Matt erroneously started calling the console Revolution.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Madrin said:

Is it true that Matt C. was the first one to call it Revolution? I recall last E3 GAF was saying Matt misconstrued what Iwata said during the conference, and Matt erroneously started calling the console Revolution.

That is a horrifying thought.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
REALLY like the look of the console! Looks like they've chosen nice materials for it as well. PSP shinyness!

:D

Amir0x

Banned
man, that is a nice looking console. But it IS so tiny I have no idea how they are fitting competing tech into it. Should be VERY interesting.

maybe you have to link 4 of them together?
or it uses your PC as an add on>?

ANYWAY SOMEONE TELL ME WHY GAMESPOT ASKS ME THAT^^^^^^^

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well it is almost 1am here so I have to go to bed. Have a good conference everyone and I expect the board to be awash with nintendo love when I wake up.

Madrin said:

IGN ran a story shortly before the conference saying the new console was codenamed Revolution.

Prine

Banned
Looks ok, reminds me of my VCR (minus slot loading ofcourse)

Should look nice in person. Small and sleek

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
aw man, i slept right through my alarm. i wanted to complete the conference trifecta. oh well. there's always gaf.

case design looks great. better than xbox 360's, which is in turn better than the surprisingly HIDEOS ps3's. didn't see that coming. tiny too. though wasn't heat dissipation supposed to be a huge issue this gen? maybe nintendo's hardware isn't as ambtious as microsoft's or sony's. or maybe i have no idea what i'm talking about.

ThongyDonk said:
maybe you have to link 4 of them together?
or it uses your PC as an add on>?

ANYWAY SOMEONE TELL ME WHY GAMESPOT ASKS ME THAT^^^^^^^

You can create a free basic account there. :)

Sorry, forget. You already logged. :lol

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It looks plain. But very small, which is nice. Can't believe they'll have comparable specs in there but I'm hoping that is not their focus anyway. Do something different that's worth caring about, N.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
It's meant to be just over an hour away.

On thing I forgot to say is that I expect a much greater focus on this gen and handhelds than from either of the other two conferences. Which is sure to disappoint some.

wazoo said:
power does not matter

Iwata E3 2004

He's not planning on actually getting up on stage and speaking is he? Reggie and Miyamoto would be a better idea, with Aonuma showing off any new GCN Zelda info. If Iwata gets up there, he'll end up borking it up by saying some stupid pessimistic-spun drivel and scaring people off the system.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
God, please don't be put back.

BTW, has anyone made a topic about Mario Kart DS confirmed for online? Thought I'd put it here just in case. IGN has it.

Top Bottom