• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch was best-selling console in France last year

The Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console in France last year, surpassing 1.25 million units sold.

According to Philippe Lavoué, general manager of Nintendo France, the console's lifetime sales in the country have now reached 3.3 million, exceeding expectations by over 300,000.

source

ethomaz

Banned
"30% des utilisateurs de Switch sont des femmes"

Somebody better at Francese that means 30% of Switch users are woman?

Edit - The Gameindustry article has it translated... sorry.

Last edited:

Naibel

I'm French and I believe it. I regularly see people playing Switch during my commute. Nintendo always had a strong foothold in France afaik.

Spukc Spukc Lol ! Nice spelling but it makes no effin' sense XD
It would if you said :
"Je voudrais deux bouteilles et du jambon. "

ethomaz

Banned
huh? not PS4? How come? I thought PS4 had so many great exclusive games? lol
If I'm not wrong PS4 sell over 1 million in France too... not 2019 of course because I don't have data but at least 2014 and 2015 it sold over 1 million.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm French and I believe it. I regularly see people playing Switch during my commute. Nintendo always had a strong foothold in France afaik.

Spukc Spukc Lol ! Nice spelling but it makes no effin' sense XD
It would if you said :
"Je voudrais deux bouteilles et du jambon. "
No i want deux bouteilles du jambon.

Carve em im slices like spam

leo-j

Lol ps4 been selling over a million for like 5 years straight and one year the switch sells over a million all of a sudden the switch is the best console? Y’all realize switch hasn’t even sold half of what ps4 has?

Moses85

It is the Country in the EU the Switch was offered the cheapest. I bought 15 switches 2019 for friends of mine 😂
So, this doesn’t surprise me.

jts

...hate me...
But there's an absolute moron going around that says that the Switch is lucky because it "only" sells in America and Japan.

Switch has always been a beast in France.

Lol ps4 been selling over a million for like 5 years straight and one year the switch sells over a million all of a sudden the switch is the best console? Y’all realize switch hasn’t even sold half of what ps4 has?
Switch has been selling over a million for almost 3 years, and at 3.3 million it has sold at least half of that the PS4 has yes.

And it’s a handheld that doesn’t even compete for the same demographics.

Nintendo fans ... lol
That's covered in the article:
"Around half of French Switch owners are young adults, while the other half are families"

Very similar demographics.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
This is pretty interesting. Do you have a source for this? I would like to check it.
2013: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps4-sells-240k-xbox-one-126k-in-france-for-2013.754847/
2014 & 2015: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fran...-15-million-wii-u-742k-xbox-one-715k.1173692/

I don't have more data.
PS4 probably peaked in 2017 or 2018... so both > 1m in my view.... 2016 had good chance to be over 1 million too.
2019 is probably below 1 million... end of generation... etc.

Sleepydays

Banned
People questioned the Gitanes holder grafted onto the side of the joycon, but who's laughing now?

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
huh? not PS4? How come? I thought PS4 had so many great exclusive games? lol
PS4’s been available since 2013 if you didn’t realize. But that’s probably hard for a Xbot to comprehend. You have nothing to play so you troll the boards, we get it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats!

France continues to be Nintendoland, it's good to see Ring Fit Adventure selling well.

Last week Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was still the best selling game, 3 years after its launch (and almost 6 years after its original Wii U release)

Cattura.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
A couple of shocking facts:

1) Switch Lite has already outsold all-time sales of Xbox One in France in only 3 months

2) Ring Fit sold out entirely in France, Phillip Lavoué apologized for shortages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom