• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Kalentan

Question, did I begin the DLC too early?

I'm level 116 and have started to get Green Gear at this point but I reached the first DLC boss and he either does 3/4 of my health or outright kills me with an attack that deals over 2k. Was I supposed to come at this much higher level?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man, I beat WotW and dipped my toes in WotD, but just for kicks I tried the 2nd DLC in WotS and... I still die a lot (granted, I used the starting tonfa they gave us to grind the proficiency points to unlock the dojo mission for most of it, so I was a bit underpowered, but still), grab attacks from namahage still OHKO, and the duel boss right at the start (
Date Masamune and his wondrous coloured dual swords of fucking annoyance
) slaughtered me (I only won after coming back with more kodama so I'd get 5 elixirs instead of 3).

Either I'm rusty or this thing will be insanely hard on NG+ and later... o_O

I finished the new DLC mission (well except for the twilight one) and I can't help but feel a bit disappointed :/ It's really short...

Is it the last DLC for this game?

There's one more dlc, but it's in this same region in a different time of year.

My biggest issue with the tonfas is how redundant most of its skills are. The canceling mystic art is super fun, but it would be nice if the big lunging uppercut that promises to send enemies flying would actually launch enemies or move them very far at all. Juggles with those things would be super cool.

On a side note. It really is a bummer how some weapons get interesting mystic arts like the tonfas dragon stance canceling (or the spear's stance switching augmentation), and others like the single sword get a boring parameter boost.

Ugh, Date clan is kicking my ass in WotD. Did the second guy have to be the Yokai version instead of his redeemed version?

"The Sparrow Flies Again" is the only mission left, and my gear is still in the low 200s and +10s. I guess it's time to do some upgrading.

Greddleok

So in preparation for when I buy the DLC, I have been playing Nioh again.

Aside from the obvious fact it's a great game, I'd like a few of pieces of advice:

1) What's the best way to obtain high level gear? If it's more complex than just run through the game on NG+, is there a guide out there?

2) What level is recommended for the DLCs?

3) I love the sword too much. I just can't switch from it, every other weapon feels like crap in comparison! What weapon do you guys use?

So in preparation for when I buy the DLC, I have been playing Nioh again.

Aside from the obvious fact it's a great game, I'd like a few of pieces of advice:

1) What's the best way to obtain high level gear? If it's more complex than just run through the game on NG+, is there a guide out there?

2) What level is recommended for the DLCs?

3) I love the sword too much. I just can't switch from it, every other weapon feels like crap in comparison! What weapon do you guys use?

What I did to farm gear is beating the revenants. If your level isn't too high comparing to the level of the revenants you kill, you can get a lot of stuff. So just go in the mission with the higher difficulty you can and farm there.
That said, you still have a lot of loots in NG+ (and beyond). So you should farm only if you feel that you're underpowered.

About the weapons, I used to go with dual sword. It's like the sword but better imo :p
Now I have a Kusarigama which I love, and a spear. I plan to go with the tonfas once I get a good one.

xuchu

There's one more dlc, but it's in this same region in a different time of year.

My biggest issue with the tonfas is how redundant most of its skills are. The canceling mystic art is super fun, but it would be nice if the big lunging uppercut that promises to send enemies flying would actually launch enemies or move them very far at all. Juggles with those things would be super cool.

On a side note. It really is a bummer how some weapons get interesting mystic arts like the tonfas dragon stance canceling (or the spear's stance switching augmentation), and others like the single sword get a boring parameter boost.

Tonfa damage is super low as well, thought urgency would be the the iai equivalent but it simply isn't :( getting good ki damage is okay, but not great, with shove but yeah that uppercut kinda sucks. Long recovery time if you don't use the mystic art. It's so much more work with tonfa to kill regular enemies, you can do the same with single and dual swords in just a few hits. Maybe I have to use the tonfa gun, maybe that's where the damage is but I doubt it. They seriously need to buff it.

Aside from extremely low damage, my main problem with tonfa is that demon dance breaks ki flux like the spear stance change move.

Also, is it just me or is this dlc far more jaggier in terms of graphics. Maybe I just forgot how Nioh looked.
Also, TN doubled down on the repeating assets in this dlc with date family fights being 2/3 of the sub missions which all take place in old sub-mission areas. Ugh, Nioh has its problems and this ain't helping.

I am actually quite disappointed with this dlc levels and bosses compared to the first.

xuchu

For anyone still thinking what the last ???? title is, it's to do the first DLC2 level w/o using cannons. Just run through.

xuchu

Is there a list of Special Effects and what they do anywhere? Some of them are worded rather ambiguously.

Here is a community weapon and armour reforge table. Even though it's a little out of date as TN has added a lot of new effects, it still is useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ATVIr-dSH-n10925y_KLLihv1ucjmYXSSSEg_WqmnU/htmlview

I agree, the skill and special effect descriptions are not just worded ambiguously there are very often straight up wrong and hopelessly mistranslated. For example there is a new effect called 'bonus after evasion attack (attack x2)' the tooltip description states that it grants the specified bonus when an enemy hits you with an evasion attack. This is not the case, it is after YOU hit an enemy with an evasion attack.

Some the worst and hopelessly confusing tooltip descriptions in the business. Hinders and actively hurts your understanding of skills instead of helping. Another one is 'parry disabled by guarding enemy'. Has nothing to do with a parry of course, it stops your attacks from bouncing off a blocking enemy, which is very useful.

Izuna

Banned
1.15 patch?

NIOH UPDATE 1.15 PATCH NOTE

Adjustment

Change to the clearing fee after the second time (excluding the road of Samurai) in the following missions,
Three souls
Village of Ayakashi
A woman following a spirit stone
Bug fixes

Nioh update 1.15 fixed a bug where ”Bungeon of Bungei" could not be forged in update 1.14.
Fixed an application error when entering the area of ”Devil's Demon" at ”Demon's Living Island" of ”Enlightenment Way".
Nioh update 1.15 fixed a bug where application error may occur if you destroy a specific boss with the special effect ”Merit effect imparted when absorbing Amrita" is valid.
Fixed a problem with Reap the big spirit of Amrita – where your earning can decreases when you use more than one at the same time.
Fixed a bug that cleared remuneration money was less than expected at ”Wandering and Falling" of ”Enlightened Way".

... not gunna update until I stop being underlevelled tbh with you

Deku Tree

Well TN made leveling in WotW much slower than it used to be in WotD if you are level 300 or level 400. So the fastest way to power level was three souls over and over again but very boring.

I am level 400 and I just quickly speed ran four missions in region 1 of WotW and gained enough amrita to get halfway to level 401.

In 1.15 this power level method is removed along with other bug fixes.

Luckly I didn't download 1.15 in rest mode last night, so I turned off the internet on my PS4 just in case I want to power level. Probably wont but the option to have is good.

Izuna

Banned
Well, I finished WotD at around LV180-200 or something so WotW I am not even at the equipment level. I'm gunna get close to LV400 before updating. XD

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've found hitting options helps explain things better.

Ah, I didn't know about that. Thank you.

Here is a community weapon and armour reforge table. Even though it's a little out of date as TN has added a lot of new effects, it still is useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ATVIr-dSH-n10925y_KLLihv1ucjmYXSSSEg_WqmnU/htmlview

I agree, the skill and special effect descriptions are not just worded ambiguously there are very often straight up wrong and hopelessly mistranslated. For example there is a new effect called 'bonus after evasion attack (attack x2)' the tooltip description states that it grants the specified bonus when an enemy hits you with an evasion attack. This is not the case, it is after YOU hit an enemy with an evasion attack.

Some the worst and hopelessly confusing tooltip descriptions in the business. Hinders and actively hurts your understanding of skills instead of helping. Another one is 'parry disabled by guarding enemy'. Has nothing to do with a parry of course, it stops your attacks from bouncing off a blocking enemy, which is very useful.

Amazing. Thanks so much for this!

Yeah, I've fortunately avoided the whole forging business so far, but I only realised last night that I have no idea what any of the effects actually mean. This is a great help.

Izuna

Banned
Is raising Spirit at all useful? I've got 99 in Heart, Strength and Skill -- I know I don't need any more in DEX or MAGIC so it's between this and... Body?

So dont update if i wanna power level a bit on three souls on WotW? Thats the stage im on now anyway and i was hoping to power level a bit based what was said in the previous page of this thread. What do i have to do just beat the stage for a mission reward or is there some item that is easily farmable?

Izuna

Banned
So dont update if i wanna power level a bit on three souls on WotW? Thats the stage im on now anyway and i was hoping to power level a bit based what was said in the previous page of this thread. What do i have to do just beat the stage for a mission reward or is there some item that is easily farmable?

Yeah, we can do it coop if you wanna make it even faster. I'm still levelling with it.

It says the update is ready for me so I can't close my game haha

nvm, can't go online without the update

Naite

This 1.15 patch came out way too soon. Amrita gain should be higher than it currently is on wotw and patching those 3 missions is a real demotivater.

It wouldve been nice if the next patch did some major tonfa fixes. A lot of flashy, but useless moves, demon dance followups in low stance is bugged, and little reason to use other tonfas other than gunsticks because of the end of combo follow-ups.

xuchu

This 1.15 patch came out way too soon. Amrita gain should be higher than it currently is on wotw and patching those 3 missions is a real demotivater.

It wouldve been nice if the next patch did some major tonfa fixes. A lot of flashy, but useless moves, demon dance followups in low stance is bugged, and little reason to use other tonfas other than gunsticks because of the end of combo follow-ups.

Yeah, really shows where their priorities lie. They just want to keep people mindlessly playing for as long as possible.

What's even worse is that I just did an old WoTW ghosts of sawayama amrita run w/full fanatic Amrita find setup gives roughly the same amount of Amrita as in WotD around 250-300 mil.

Lol what are they doing?!

I wouldn't mind doing sawayama, demon king or marobashi runs in WotW if they gave more Amrita.

The reason why people are doing three souls is entirely cos of this. It's incredibly boring yet people are essentially forced to. I don't even wanna level up anymore but seeing the Amrita are the same as WotD is silly.

And in terms of gold, Restless spirits gives 2mil in WotW now instead of the 1.5 mil in WotD. Oh wow how generous of them.
It's not, it's just stupid

Disappointed that they seemingly care less about tonfa being a viable weapon. They're so much fun but do pathetic damage and the demon dance into low stance doesn't work (which is kinda ok cos I wanna go straight into gun devastation anyway). But still should work anyway though.

Come on team ninja, I love your game but still...

Of course they patch that WotW mission when I'm almost to the region lol
I'm level 284 and struggling so I was hoping to
get there and abuse that since I'm not seeming to level at all due to how much Amrita you need. Looks like I'm playing offline for awhile *sigh* so I can avoid the patch

Caim

Only way you can delete a patch is if you press the options button and then "Cancel and Delete" while it's downloading.

Once it finishes you're screwed.

I just tried it out and went to Nioh > Check For Updates > Notifications > Cancel and Delete

Only way you can delete a patch is if you press the options button and then "Cancel and Delete" while it's downloading.

Once it finishes you're screwed.

I just tried it out and went to Nioh > Check For Updates > Notifications > Cancel and Delete

Just as long as you don't install it as well. I'll be doing some grinding tonight.

I think I earned like 3 levels in WotW before reaching that mission. It doesn't feel like an exploit at all, more like collecting what I was owed. I'm going to get to 400 before installing the patch, at least.

From Reddit:

I just did a comparison test of each difficulty quickly. Nothing special, I just loaded up Isle of Demons in each difficulty and killed the first guy to see the scaling. Here are my results:

WotSam: 81 amrita

WotStr: 7,545 amrita

WotD: 73,766 amrita

WotW: 103,056 amrita

As you can see, the difference between WotD and WotW just isn't enough, especially when you need 2 billion amrita to level up near the end. I think TN need to increase the amrita gains to match the insane amount of amrita needed to level in WotW.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hope people complain enough and they adjust the Amrita numbers.
I think team Ninja has been very keen on following feedback so far/overall.
Would be a bummer if it stays unchanged cause catching up will be a pain.

Kalentan

Hope people complain enough and they adjust the Amrita numbers.
I think team Ninja has been very keen on following feedback so far/overall.
Would be a bummer if it stays unchanged cause catching up will be a pain.

Isn't there 1 more DLC coming? Most likely they will make changes.

xuchu

So I've done every single mission and sub-mission in the game on WotW and just working on the last remaining titles.

Does anyone know what the question ?????? marks are in the top right hand corner of the dragon in the north gameplay record tab?

Deku Tree

So I've done every single mission and sub-mission in the game on WotW and just working on the last remaining titles.

Does anyone know what the question ?????? marks are in the top right hand corner of the dragon in the north gameplay record tab?

Pic?

RSchmitz

Can someone help me access the dlc?
I have the season pass and completed the dlc1 area just fine. But this one for some reason keeps asking me to buy the dlc even though I already "bought" in the store and it checks installed...
DF3JwnnXkAQgz4z

DF3JyswXUAEqxua
DF3J16hWAAUJ7HC
DF3Ld66XYAA6J1J
Am I missing something?
Edir: Restarted PS4 and it worked...

xuchu

It's this one in the top right hand corner. Also the way of the demon mission rate should actually say way of the wise, yet another mistranslation among hundreds in the game.

The defiant honor tab actually has two way of the demon mission rates. One is at 100 and the other at 90, I suspect the 90 is the way of the wise one and that cos I'm still missing the twilight on the difficulty. So should be the same thing for dragon on the north, but that still doesn't solve the ????? marks.

rHvWrBf.jpg

W6t5rhk.jpg

-----------------

That mistranslation is all the more strange as it is correct on another tab:

T89qCFc.jpg

The other thing is, I'm not sure what to level at this point.

I'm at 401 with the following stats:

Body- 99
Heart- 40
Stamina- 29
Strength- 17
Skill- 99
Dexterity- 99
Magic- 25
Spirit- 35

Stamina seems like the obvious choice, except that I use 3 pieces of Tatenashi gear which gives me a "Equipment Weight Damage Bonus A" that boosts my attack by a decent amount if I'm over 30% equip weight. I'd actively be making myself weaker attack-wise if I raised my Stamina.

Everything else is either soft-capped or useless.

Thank you guys for the 1.15 heads up---I was able to disconnect my PS4 about 30 minutes before the update launched and I'm so glad I did. Finally made it to region 4 and gained 5 levels with my first run of the three souls mission. Plan to farm until I'm at least in the 400's level wise

Top Bottom