• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash27

Was the incestuous kook with all the daughters giving the male babies to the white walkers? Do we know that, and if so do we know what they're doing with them? I was thinking of that as they let Samwell live for the moment.

JGS

Banned
I thought he was offering them as sacrifices. I thought Jon said something about seeing them being killed.

Cyan

Banned
- Don't fuck with Dany. She will burn you or bury you alive.

Hell yeah. It's kind of funny to think back to the times she's threatened people this season, and no one really took it seriously (not even us, the viewers). And now it's like... oh yeah. No, when she says that shit, she absolutely means it. She will fucking destroy you.

Hell yeah. It's kind of funny to think back to the times she's threatened people this season, and no one really took it seriously (not even us, the viewers). And now it's like... oh yeah. No, when she says that shit, she absolutely means it. She will fucking destroy you.

I dunno, I think she's always had it in her since she had Dur burnt alive on Drogo's funeral pyre. Not to mention casually watching her brother having molten gold poured over his head, and didn't even flinch.

Crazy to think how far her character has come, from an innocent little girl who was bullied by her brother, and now she has pet dragons, a small band of warriors and soon her own fleet.

Cyan

Banned
Really confused about the Theon and winterfell situation also, but if it comes to pass that there is some sort of redemption for theon like it started to seem like with his Ludwin convo, then I suspect there are some undercover book readers here. There is no way in hell after all that has been portrayed in the show to have predicted he was anything but beyond redemption three times over.
Dude, redemption is like, the most common story arc ever. And even still, I doubt Theon redeems himself at this point.

I have hard time feeling sympathetic to tyrion now, though. He loves to be in the middle of shit and to stir up shit himself enough to get shea and any other innocent fucked over. Sounds like a personal problem to me and not a matter of being a victim of unfortunate circumstances like a lot of other characters.
Fuck? He doesn't just stir shit up for fun, he stirs shit up to get results. Personal problem? He saved the city and the Lannister family, and as thanks he got shat on again.

I hate to do this, but I've seen it in here enough times: it's caught up, not catched up.

Relax, man. Try not to get catched up in this kind of thing.

J-Rod

Embarrassed to ask, but where did Jon get his last name? Do they brand bastards by giving them a last name of snow?

Cyan

Banned
Embarrassed to ask, but where did Jon get his last name? Do they brand bastards by giving them a last name of snow?

Yeah. They have different last names in different places. In the North, it's Snow. Don't remember any of the other ones.

So the guy who came to Winterfell to take out Theon and co would also have the last name Snow.

Chris R

Yeah. They have different last names in different places. In the North, it's Snow. Don't remember any of the other ones.

So the guy who came to Winterfell to take out Theon and co would also have the last name Snow.

Exactly. The bastard's last name just identifies which region they are from.

Anyone notice the burned/busted up Iron throneroom when Dany was hallucinating in the creepy tower?

Possibly a telling of the future? She gets the iron throne by burning everything to the ground? I dunno.

MMaRsu

Banned
Anyone notice the burned/busted up Iron throneroom when Dany was hallucinating in the creepy tower?

Possibly a telling of the future? She gets the iron throne by burning everything to the ground? I dunno.

Naw man she had to overcome the stuff she really wanted at that moment to get back to the dragons..

I have had the books for awhile now, a month maybe? I have not started yet though..

Massa

The white walker looked a lot like the Lord Commander of the Night Watch - Mormont. I'm expecting a really sick twist next season.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Can someone please tell me the name of this song, it's driving me nuts that I can't find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2byDOqs2ps

It's not King of the North, even though it sounds similar. I can't find it on the soundtrack, I'm not sure it's there from what I've been searching.

The white walker looked a lot like the Lord Commander of the Night Watch - Mormont. I'm expecting a really sick twist next season.
You mean Benjen Stark, because that's who I think that White Walker is.

edit: nevermind I found it, it's called "Winterfell" and it's track 6 for season 2.

JGS

Banned
Looked that way to me too but there were a lot of things that felt a little too conspiracy theory for me to admit. I'm glad others are saying it first lol.

McNei1y

- I can see the Robb's marriage being huge in the coming seasons. Throughout this one, they kept mentioning how he already promised to marry one of the girls at the bridge. They even mention how serious such vows are when they mentioned Sansa and the new hot queen chick.

- Maybe they put a bag over Theon's head so that the North troops outside wouldn't recognize it was him? /shrug

- I get the feeling that the white walker on the horse was Benjin (?) Stark. I mean we haven't heard of his fate yet but they keep mentioning him. He's got to be something important in the North.

You mean Benjen Stark, because that's who I think that White Walker is.

Ah, we think alike.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yea he also had the gold cape guys after he made Bronn their commander. Looks like Tywin went out of his way to cut Tyrion off from all his power sources.

I feel like tyrion is far too smart and crafty to be kept without power and leverage for too long.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
As far as we know white walkers are ancient creatures unrelated to humans. You don't turn into a white walker after being slain by one, but into a zombie (although oddly enough, those walking corpses are called "whites").

McNei1y

As far as we know white walkers are ancient creatures unrelated to humans. You don't turn into a white walker after being slain by one, but into a zombie (although oddly enough, those walking corpses are called "whites").

I always got the idea that white walkers can turn corpses into their kind. They always said to burn the corpses. The Skull King dude was like "burn the body, you don't want this one coming back for you".

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Ha!

I always got the idea that white walkers can turn corpses into their kind. They always said to burn the corpses. The Skull King dude was like "burn the body, you don't want this one coming back for you".
Not white walkers, but "wights". Basically warrior slaves. Although the taking of human babies does seem very weird...

Oh now that the finale is over, what was the spoiler in the soundtrack listing that people were warning about?

1. "Main Title" 1:46
2. "The Throne Is Mine" 3:15
3. "What Is Dead May Never Die" 2:06
4. "Warrior of Light" 3:03
5. "Valar Morghulis" 2:59
6. "Winterfell" 2:42
7. "Qarth" 2:11
8. "Wildfire" 3:39
9. "I Am Hers, She Is Mine" 2:17
10. "Pyat Pree" 2:12
11. "Don't Die with a Clean Sword" 3:22
12. "We Are the Watchers on the Wall" 2:37
13. "Pay the Iron Price" 2:32
14. "One More Drink Before the War" 2:05
15. "House of the Undying" 5:02
16. "Stand and Fight" 2:04
17. "The Old Gods and the New" 2:38
18. "Mother of Dragons" 2:34
19. "I Will Keep You Safe" 2:17
20. "The Rains of Castomere" ( [sic]. Written by Ramin Djawadi and George R.R. Martin, performed by The National) 2:23
21. "Three Blasts" 2:40

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Alright, my 4 book boxset just arrived right now.

Well, I guess I can't be in this thread anymore and will have to go to the ugly bitchfest thread.

Cyan

Banned
I really want to see that scene again. I love their reactions to each blast.

That was a great scene. Can't believe I didn't see it coming. I mean, it should've been obvious after they explained what each number of blasts meant early in the season, that it'd come up again.

But I just assumed it was the wildling army coming. And then the third blast. Chills!

I still don't know who is blowing the horn.

boromir-and-horn22-1.jpg

I was questioning that myself but then I just accepted that it was the crows up on the knights watch hill or whatever that place is called (the one where they found the obsidian)
Fist of the First Men, I think? But they heard the horn there too, when all of them were still together, so that's why I was wondering.

Raiden

Banned
Pretty good episode, but a bit dissapointing for the finale.

I really wish they just moved on with "moving" Jaimie.

Episode 9 is my finale, easily the best episode.

One thing I did think of for season 3. If Bran and Rickon are headed for the wall unbeknownst to any of the Starks and Jon Snow is not going to be there when they arrive it could be awhile before anybody knows Bran is really alive.
Plus, the others are heading to the wall too... They could end up dead afterall XD

McNei1y

They were different horns. At Winterfell it was supposed to be the army that Bran sent out to take back another castle returning to siege Theon.

I thought we were discussing the horns past the wall in the North, not the north men at Winterfell. I originally said/thought that the people on the "Fist of the First Men" (?) were blowing the horn to alert Sam and co. but then Parrot reminded me that earlier this season when they were at the "Fist of the Fist Men" they heard the horns there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom