• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Exo Mech update trailer

Psykodad

Banned
I sooo need to get back into this game. Haven't played it since the first week of the VR update.

Are there Jurassic World-like planets again?

Last edited:

StormCell

I love this game, and these developers.

A trite statement, but worth saying to show my continued appreciation for what this game has become, and the amazing continued support.

Me too.

Now if only there were some planets with alien towns and cities. Maybe in No man's sky 2.... lol

-Arcadia-

Banned
Me too.

Now if only there were some planets with alien towns and cities. Maybe in No man's sky 2.... lol

I think there’s an in-universe reason for this, but same. Towns and settled planets would be really interesting, if a lot of work.

I wouldn’t expect something like a Zelda town where everyone can be talked to, and there’s sidequests everywhere, but something along the lines of the space stations or landing pads would be really cool.

It would just be nice to thematically break up the lonely wandering, as beautiful as it is, from time to time. Just on the rare planet.

The game that keeps on giving! It's come such a long way since that bobbins launch that I usually return for some planet hopping each update to try out the new additions

Birdo

Banned
They seem to be updating everything in this game except the biggest problem the game has........ lack of world variety.

All these exocraft, and we're still exploring the same looking planets over and over.

zombrex

They seem to be updating everything in this game except the biggest problem the game has........ lack of world variety.

All these exocraft, and we're still exploring the same looking planets over and over.

They went with developing more content for the collect resources then build stuff game play loop that is so popular in all the minecraft esque games. I don't think they could ever fix the explorations, planets and lack of variety without a new engine and massive human resources. This stuff is easier and cheaper to develop.

One of the best reviews from back when the game launched summed it up best by saying there’s really only 5 different kinds of planets if you really break it down.

dunno if that’s improved much since launch or not

FranXico

One of the best reviews from back when the game launched summed it up best by saying there’s really only 5 different kinds of planets if you really break it down.

dunno if that’s improved much since launch or not
They have been adding a few more biomes and variations over time.
But each planet still is one biome. Once you've seen one lush or nuclear planet, you've pretty much seen them all.

Keep in mind though, just like in Minecraft, biomes are tied to certain types of resources, so a certain degree of predictability is required by the gameplay loop.

Top Bottom