• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked - Official Steam Early Access Launch Trailer (April 18)

Pedro Motta

Not sure I will buy now 😟

Walter White Insult GIF by Breaking Bad

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It always looked like that to me.

Stamina bar, hard challenge, slow, methodical combat\no mashy etc.
Yeah doesn't seem all that deep to me. Blade of Darkness has long spoiled me. The artificial challenge with the stamina bar and slow rigid guerilla combat doesn't seem too appealing. I foresee a lot of back and forth in most combat encounters. The art direction and the animation in motion is superb though.

Dark Fantasy games are my jam though so it's a buy for me.

GymWolf

Yeah doesn't seem all that deep to me. Blade of Darkness has long spoiled me. The artificial challenge with the stamina bar and slow rigid guerilla combat doesn't seem too appealing. I foresee a lot of back and forth in most combat encounters. The art direction and the animation in motion is superb though.

Dark Fantasy games are my jam though so it's a buy for me.
I like action rpg, isometric view and slow, meaty combat so the game does a lot of things right.

bender

What time is it?
It always looked like that to me.

Me too and it's part of the reason why I'm cautious. I just don't trust most developers to get action combat right and especially not Souls-like combat correctly. I'm also stuck in my ways that I expect isometric games to be in certain genres (ARPG, Strategy, etc.) so I was hoping this was going to be more like Diablo. Lastly, visuals aside, I was never head of heels in love with the Ori games like most people.

TexMex

Played a little over an hour.

Looks great, obviously.

Combat feels really good. Yes it’s a little chunkier but it’s more arcadey, you can brute force it or circle strafe and parry. The intro sequence on a burning ship is such a crazy set piece though I found it a little hard to read parry timing because of everything going on. Once you’re past that it’s much easier, at least for me. I can’t parry for shit and I’m successful most every time, Sekiro it is not so don’t worry if that’s a concern.

It also has a hard dash mechanic to where in combat it felt more Hades than it does Diablo, dashing all over.

So far, loving it.

Top Bottom