• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

No news yet? I'm still saying Xbox Won (Ha!). If it doesn't beat PS4 for the month I really don't think there's any hope for it ever competing. Again though I do think it'll win. I just don't see how it couldn't with the deals they had.

It's unlikely there will be any salt. The consensus is that the Xbox One will have sold more in November NPDs, and that probably happened.

The only way there would be salt in this thread would be if:

1. The PS4 performed an upset.

2. Hindle was unbanned.

3. Xbox One outsells PS4 substantially. Like 500 - 600k.

should be a good NPD month

interested in how well the amiibo things are selling too, do they cover those and skylanders figures (vs the games)

I think had MS not quickly sold out of the SSO bundles, PS4 would have gotten destroyed. As it is, I still think they'll get beaten by a fair amount, but not a huge amount (200k+?).

I wonder if Nintendo is actually going to start getting more store space allocated for it again to hold all of the Amiibo. Their space has been cut down so much that they can hardly have decent displays that can hold all of the upcoming Amiibo so they're stuck with retailers stopping orders for half of the current 'wave' just so they can stock some of the new 'wave' that will sell out in short order due to the craze for them right now. I wonder if they'll be able to take up more space once the next couple of waves come out or if retailers will still be reluctant to stock Nintendo stuff in large quantities.

I think had MS not quickly sold out of the SSO bundles, PS4 would have gotten destroyed. As it is, I still think they'll get beaten by a fair amount, but not a huge amount (200k+?).

the AC bundle is better deal though isnt it?

the BF week $329 deals with 2 games (AC) and in some cases even more (like target $50 gift card) mean they should have shifted a ton of units

Cidd

I bought an Xbox one on Black Friday but man I would like to see Sony win November just for the meltdown it would cause some posters in this thread.

ridiculous.

It's unlikely there will be any salt. The consensus is that the Xbox One will have sold more in November NPDs, and that probably happened.

The only way there would be salt in this thread would be if:

1. The PS4 performed an upset.

2. Hindle was unbanned.

Poor Hindle, cruel world. Xbox wins, and he is in exile.
I am sure he follows this discussion anyway.

Fangrim

I can't see XBox losing November. Every news article I've read has pointed in that direction.

What I'm most exited to see is Microsoft's PR rolling out the "We won!"-guns ;o)

After months of silence, I expect a massive PR-speech ;o)

so the AC in the xbox one bundle arent counted right?

be interesting how well unity sold. given how many "limited edition" copies I see in stores (first run only I believe), they didnt shift according to their expectations

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I have my gifs ready

If that "holy" from CosmicQueso is a good "holy", we'd need some new "It prints money" gif. Something like Shiggy and Iwata putting Mario's figure on NFC sensor on Wii U, money coming from the screen and the writing "It unlocks money!".

Interfectum

I don't know if its fun, sad, crazy or all the above but it seriously feels like a sporting event is about to happen (or has occurred and we're about to hear the results). Console wars man.

be interesting how well unity sold. given how many "limited edition" copies I see in stores (first run only I believe), they didnt shift according to their expectations

Believe it or not it was the #3 best selling title on the playstation store last month behind cod and GTA.

There were a lot of copies moved in bundles. I'm interested how much MS payed for Unity to be bundled and how much Ubi is getting back for the lost sales.

With the deals and price slash they need to dominate November and take a sizeable chunk out of that 1m lead in the US the PS4 has. Anything less then a 200k-300k gap (if it sells 1 million total) will be a disappointment.
I was told that MS doesn't care about the gap, only about their sales target. so xbox and ps4 will sell huge loads and everyone will be happy.

If MS doesn't beat Sony at $70 cheaper and 2 free games, they are seriously screwed. To be honest when I went to stores on Black Friday, there was much more activity in the Xbox sections though.

the AC bundle is better deal though isnt it?

the BF week $329 deals with 2 games (AC) and in some cases even more (like target $50 gift card) mean they should have shifted a ton of units

Well yeah but I mean if the SSO bundle had stuck around and had those same deals, I think it would have been a huge seller (and imo a better deal because of the white console and AC Unity being a lousy game).

I'm tired of waiting for NPD so I've prepared two posts in advance.

1. Not surprising. XBO had great deals this holiday. Would have expected them to win by more though.

2. Wow! Even with all those XBO deals, PS4 still managed to win? There's no stopping this beast!

1. Welp, December will be the interesting™ month though!

2. KazHirai.gifs everywhere

SighFight

Uh it's getting crowded in here. Are there any chairs left? And can someone open a window? This is going to be very fun to watch, no matter the outcome.

If MS doesn't beat Sony at $70 cheaper and 2 free games, they are seriously screwed. To be honest when I went to stores on Black Friday, there was much more activity in the Xbox sections though.

And target additionally gave a $50 gift card which really was an incredible deal, easy to see people tempted to switch given those kinds of savings.

Top Bottom