• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

Lucreto

A few weeks ago I would say about 50,000 more but I now am guessing about 100k to 250k in the favour of Xbox.

I have seen conflicting reports.

One of my friends working retail in the US said they could not keep any Xboxes in stock for very long. They had more PS4's than Xbox's but the Xbox sold out in hours but they has to restock the PS4's twice during the day.

Most reports I have seen talk about how quickly Xbox is selling and not how many actually sold.

Krakn3Dfx

And target additionally gave a $50 gift card which really was an incredible deal, easy to see people tempted to switch given those kinds of savings.

I know quite a few people who bought XB1s in November, they didn't switch, they just added it to the console corral. I think there will be a lot of that given the price cutting MS did to gain ground.

Some releases in the month in order of release date

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Escape Dead Island
Far Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto V
LittleBigPlanet 3
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
WWE 2K15
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

So a MS-related Return of the King gif should be of Saruman, right?

joffrey_3x2.jpg

So hopefully we get a couple of good stories out of this (Xbox will beat PS4 imo) and we'll also see both consoles are selling great numbers and the industry in that sense is as good as ever.

Rymuth

Can't believe this day is finally upon us...I've been looking forward to it ever since March's NPD. What am I supposed to do with my life after this is over? Go back to playing videogames?

That's crazy talk~

Felspawn

While i'm on team Sony i'm glad Microsoft had a good Season, competition is a good thing. Having Sony or Microsoft as the only game in town only invites them to be become arrogant. When companies get arrogant its never good for the consumer. As for me i didnt buy a Xbone, and already had a PS4 since launch. I picked up a Wii U instead :)

janoDX

Why Xbone winning is relevant when they can't show up all year?.

I personally feel that Xbone winning at least one holiday season is good, for all parties involved. But one holiday win will not change the course of the entire gen.

So, meh. Xbone wins this Holiday season, but next year Holiday season will be for PS4 since they got the better lineup for 2015.

Top Bottom