• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - PS4 was the top selling console of November 2016

sOic3lN.jpg

Fucking lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yup get used to it here. When Xbox wins it's "all hail phil spencer". When Sony wins it's usually "return of the king" or some other such nonsense.

what the hell are you talking about? when MS won NPD for the first time in a long time it was also return of the king...as was months 2-4 of victories lol

Trago

Should microsoft exit from the console market now?

And leave Sony to rule by themselves with an iron fist? I hope not.

That said, there are tons of things that the Xbox platform needs to improve upon to be really competitive against PlayStation, and Scorpio's 6TF isn't the only answer.

sense

Ehh I don't know why they suprised - their own pricing strategy makes Pro a non brainer as you get so much more for small premium.

i think the issue now is to convince existing ps4 owners to upgrade which was their original goal. the way to do that is to show more pro enhanced games and make sure there are no bad patches and performance issues for the pro. Hope it is just launch issues and going forward pro enhanced titles show noticeable difference with less problems.

Sony just released a new console. If there was no Pro MS would have probably won their 5th month in a raw. It's still amazing how MS managed to turn things around in the US and only be beaten due to a new console release.
Let's try this:
"Microsoft just released a new console. If there was no XB1S Sony would have probably won their Nth month in a row. It's still amazing how Sony managed to maintain dominance in the US and only be beaten due to a new console release."

See how easy it is to spin things?

Melchiah

For people dont think pro selling well

Anecdotally, the Pro was sold out for few days last week in the largest Prisma department store in Finland. A large local electronics store Verkkokauppa had its stock nearly depleted shortly after the launch, and increased the price from 429€ to 439€. No idea what kind of numbers they sold, but the Prisma clerk told me the demand had been high.

Boke1879

And leave Sony to rule by themselves with an iron fist? I hope not.

That said, there are tons of things that the Xbox platform needs to improve upon to be really competitive against PlayStation, and Scorpio's 6TF isn't the only answer.

They need to be more global. They can't keep relying on the US and UK. Especially when you are losing both markets. The PS4 is roughly a bit more than 20 million units ahead WW on the XB1. It won't even reach 80 million sold even with the scorpio launch at this pace.

Let's try this:
"Microsoft just released a new console. If there was no XB1S Sony would have probably won their Nth month in a row. It's still amazing how Sony managed to maintain dominance in the US and only be beaten due to a new console release."

See how easy it is to spin things?

Ouch!
sometimes we write without thinking (I'm guilty of that) :/
I'd say he had a point for at least a minute or two.

Dante

My pro contribution will show up in December :)

Also a lot of people last month still predicted Xbox winning claiming the pro was too pricey.

Duxxy3

They need to be more global. They can't keep relying on the US and UK. Especially when you are losing both markets. The PS4 is roughly a bit more than 20 million units ahead WW on the XB1. It won't even reach 80 million sold even with the scorpio launch at this pace.

The lack of world wide appeal is due to the original, awful, xbox one idea. I wish the scorpio was an actual next generation. So we could get a clean cut.

Trago

Some may disagree, but I think the severe lack of Japanese titles is a huge blow to them. There are tons of Japanese titles coming to the PS4, the PC, and if we're being honest, sooner to the Nintendo Switch that will be sorely missing from the platform. Those titles really add to the diversity to the competition's game library. I guess they see no value in securing Japanese partnerships like they did on the OG Xbox and 360, which is a shame because Scalebound looks damn good.

Boke1879

The lack of world wide appeal is due to the original, awful, xbox one idea. I wish the scorpio was an actual next generation. So we could get a clean cut.

I think even then that wouldn't be a great move. Announcing a new console gen would upset a bunch of people. Especially with the Slim launching this year.

Top Bottom