• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales for July 2015

watdaeff4

What are peoples thoughts on Sony entering the Toys to Life market?

Perhaps starting with Ratchet & Clank to support the movie/game?

FFS I Hope not.

I've been a supporter of Nintendo for almost 30 years and hate the amiibo push that has gone on over the last year. While I may be a kid in a 40yo body that still plays video games, I'm not one to have to buy toys (to clutter up my house even more) to unlock content.

Screw that.

I'm confused by your post. You say that my post is horrendously untrue and made up but then go on to say that MS stopped releasing Japanese games after Final Fantasy.

So which one is it? Because that's what I said as well.

The Xbox One is doing worse for Japanese games so far. The Xbox One has no exclusive JRPG's this gen.

I'm not trying to discredit you at all. I'm just saying some of the things your using to fuel the case you're putting forward aren't right.

No your post implied that MS did not attempt to get more Jrpgs after final fantasy. The fact is Before then, they gave up on japanese games. They decided to throw in one last game later, and went 6 years without pushing any japanese games.

August may be out of the slow cycle, but I still believe we'll see the usual suspects of Mortal Kombat X, GTA V, Batman, Elder Scrolls. and Lego. Of course Madden as well.

I do think Rare and Gears will shift the positions, but I expect all those games to be in the top 10.

If the Skylanders/Amiibo thing works well then wouldn't be a surprise at all to see Sony partner with one of the other TTL pubs for some of its IP.
LEGOjoel.gif

ZhugeEX

Banned
I don't think it would succeed. Sony doesn't have the brand that Disney, LEGO, or Nintendo have, nor are they the originator like Skylanders is.

They're never going to do that.

They're pushing Disney Infinity instead.

If the Skylanders/Amiibo thing works well then wouldn't be a surprise at all to see Sony partner with one of the other TTL pubs for some of its IP.

Great responses from everyone.

I too agree that if Sony were to do it they would need to work damn hard for it to have the same appeal that Amiibo has at the moment.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Sony do explore the area a bit more in the future, I don't think they'll go it alone, instead I could see them partnering with 3rd parties to create Toys to Life products based on Sony IP for use in third party and first party titles but primarily bundled or sold for third party experiences as an add on / bonus extra.

Yeah, I don't think Sony would take this risk on their own, but the only other TTL pub I could see them partnering with is Warner with Lego Dimensions.

Top Bottom