• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2009

Dave Long

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
Well yeah, it says that too. I don't care about them, at least not enough to buy a PS3. Sony made that decision even easier by pricing the damn thing at 600 dollars at launch.

That's the thing. Yeah the PC doesn't have Crackdown, or Gran Turismo, or X and Y PS3/360 exclusive game. What the PC DOES have though, is a plethora of other games that appear on both systems, which means to me their libraries are only as good as their exclusives, exclusives that largely don't interest me.

It's funny though that you think the average gamer HAS to want these PS3 exclusives though. The PS3 running in last must be blowing your minds.
That's the problem. The PS3 exclusives are a lot like the 360 exclusives, a bunch of shooters and action games that play like movies. The only real differentiator is Little Big Planet and that's essentially a niche game because most folks don't want to create games, they want to play them.

Sony has an identity problem that they created for themselves by allowing most of their first/second party devs to make games that may as well be Xbox games.

Top Bottom