• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2015 [PS4 #1 HW/SW, 7M Amiibos LTD, 600K LTD Splatoon]

yeah, I think Black Ops it's a powerful name for at least go back at Ghosts level. But I'm feeling that people are getting tired of Call of Duty.

I dont disagree overall. I just think the name Black Ops and Treyarch carry enough good will in the userbase for one last huge game. Also Zombies is huge and will bring in players that skipped AW and Ghosts entirely. Theres a segment of that gaming population (a huge chunk) that play Black Ops 2 zombies to this day.

I dont see where the franchise can go after this though. I think BO3 will be CODs Swan Song

word. I wonder what the hardware numbers will be, though.

sony/poly dropped the ball really fuckin hard with gt6. and with that I think the series may've lost a lot of momentum. either way, even if gt7 was announced way before & everything, like around the same time as Uc4 and was set up for a release next year, I think the hype for Uc4 would still've been even stronger.
has that been established? i don't know how popular halo is outside of the U.S but i've heard around here that it isn't really a juggernaut anywhere else, I suppose maybe the U.K too.not only is it getting close...i think it's happened already. uncharted is playstation's biggest franchise. their halo. in fact, besides gt, has there ever been a sony 1st party that's sold over 10 million copies?
There was already 2 disc based release of Gran Turismo last gen GT5:p and GT5, GT6 was ignored by many because of it not being a huge graphical leap over GT5 and PS4 releasing. Sony should have ported it to PS4 yes, but a well reviewed/marketed GT7 can absolutely sell more than Uncharted/God of War/Little Big Planet/Ratchet game, which are all of Sony's big sellers.

Gran Turismo don't release that often, and has huge ties to professional racing. it is definitely still more important that Uncharted for Sony. GT7 will be a big deal

Welfare

Btw, if you guys want to know MW LTD sales in the USA.

>9.5m

SW Only.

Was the game that ultimately led to CoD becoming massive. All other games released after (mainline) have outsold it.
MW was amazing. Still remember receiving it in January of 08 and being blown away.

prwxv3

The Uncharted Halo sales wars are stupid. Stop it. Though at least the whole "The Uncharted series was never a bit hit" bullshit has stopped at last.

I don't see why ODST is a high profile release but a Halo 2 remake isn't. Most fans consider it the best in the series. Firefight was neat but didn't have any matchmaking. The campaign was a short spinoff. The new map pack was, well, a map pack.

Remakes have never been high profile releases. That's my point. They get hyped by enthusiasts but are never going to approach the sales of decently received new content.

Even if Gears 4 sucks it will sell massively better than Gears remake, despite it being one of the most popular and beloved games of last gen.

People who wanted to play Halo 2 campaign could do so through 360 BC the entire console's life.

kyser73

Wow @ Sony.

I reckon the difference is going to be pretty small, but even with a lower RRP, TV deal and two big titles (Madden & GoWUE) MS still not ruining Sony's party.

Just need some pie...

There was already 2 disc based release of Gran Turismo last gen GT5:p and GT5, GT6 was ignored by many because of it not being a huge graphical leap over GT5 and PS4 releasing. Sony should have ported it to PS4 yes, but a well reviewed/marketed GT7 can absolutely sell more than Uncharted/God of War/Little Big Planet/Ratchet game, which are all of Sony's big sellers.

Gran Turismo don't release that often, and has huge ties to professional racing. it is definitely still more important that Uncharted for Sony. GT7 will be a big deal
out of all the ones you listed, the two I highlighted are what I considered sony's big sellers. like I said, has there ever been a 1st party other than gt that's sold over 10 million copies?

gt7 will be a big deal but gt6 was supposed to be a big deal was well; they don't release often but their most recent release was abysmal, for a gt installment. I don't think gt7 will be more important than Uc4 to them.

Ogimachi

Do you guys want your minds blown? Do you want a glimpse at how big BO3 will be?

11 million people still play Black Ops 2 every month on last gen

Fucking insanity

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...lies-over-11-million-monthly-users-per-month/
It's a shame BO3 looks (and felt in the beta) more like AW2 than the Black Ops games. I don't know why they think taking that direction will bring people back, even though it's pretty clear by now that a lot of people hate that crap and are still playing the older games.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's a shame BO3 looks (and felt in the beta) more like AW2 than the Black Ops games. I don't know why they think taking that direction will bring people back, even though it's pretty clear by now that a lot of people hate that crap and are still playing the older games.

It doesn't feel like aw2 at all. That's why people like it.

Sayad

Do you guys want your minds blown? Do you want a glimpse at how big BO3 will be?

11 million people still play Black Ops 2 every month on last gen

Fucking insanity

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...lies-over-11-million-monthly-users-per-month/
Yet you think BO3 will be the last huge game in the series!!
9ovvu0I.gif

Welfare

PS4 209k

MoM drop was 4%

YoY rise is 10%

Weekly average

July: 218k / 4 weeks = 54,500

August: 209k / 4 weeks = 52,250

That is just crazy.

They will look at both as important releases.
I mean, of course. all of their 1st party releases are important releases for them, but what i mean is that if Uc4 and gt7 were both releasing in a similar time frame, Uc4 would have the priority. once gt7 comes around of course there'll be a ton of marketing/promotion but I don't think their expectations will be as high as what they have with Uc4.

Yet you think BO3 will be the last huge game in the series!!
9ovvu0I.gif

Maybe not the last but maybe the end of the "peak end" of the franchise.

Its just what is InfinityWard going to actually release next year? Ghosts 2? The playerbase largely hated the 1st. MW4? Maybe but will anyone trust IW to make a COD game still?

Then the year after that AW2. Which the 1st already had a low opening for COD trends

Then 3 years from now BO4? Its just idk at some point the thing has to start winding down. I think BO3 will be the end of the gigantic CODs but could he totally wrong no doubt

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Not surprised about PS4 XBO gap, i expect something between 5-10k...

That Said, i overestimate both... Damn, not a good first NPD prediction.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Not surprised about PS4 XBO gap, i expect something between 5-10k...

That Said, i overestimate both... Damn, not a good first NPD prediction.

You are not alone...and I changed my numbers, made them higher.

Javin98

Banned
LOL, seems like we didn't get our fresh serving of pies yet. We may have gotten the numbers, but I still want those pies...

Top Bottom