• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh, Nintendo, what might have been had you actually been ahead of the game production-wise with the Wii. I expected more.

It still did well, though, along with DS (insane) and 360.

Highly disappointed in PS3, as I love mine. The big question--where the hell did Sony get those inflated numbers for December they released a few weeks ago?

VALIS

I knew the DS would be that huge. It is the perfect Xmas gift in price and size. I bought one for my sister, who hasn't played video games semi-regularly in 25 years.

Great 360 and Wii numbers. PS3... meh. It has no price excuse anymore so it shouldn't be half a mil behind the 360 and Wii.

I'm so far out that it's not even funny... only my PS3 numbers are close and even then I overestimated them because I gave Sony's PR the benefit of the doubt.

methane47

Wow... no 404 errors this Month?!?!?

Anyways... BIG numbers from everyone...
Although the all under-performed from what I was expecting; except for the DS and the PS2..

The 360 almost caught the Wii in sales due to the shortage.lol

And so much for all those who thought the PS3 had a chance at getting second this christmas season. It did respectable but was outsold by the 360 by a good margin.

Let us see how the PS3 fares in Jan and Feb. I suspect the drop off will be bigger than most anticipate.

Brashnir

sonycowboy said:
HW Sales
System December 2007 Annual 2007
PlayStation 2 1.1 million 3.97 million
PlayStation 3 797.6 K 2.56 million
PlayStation Portable 1.06 million 3.82 million
Xbox 360 1.26 million 4.62 million
Wii 1.35 million 6.29 million
Nintendo DS 2.47 million 8.50 million

Well, I got the 360 right, at least...

[360] 1270k
[GBA] 210k
[NDS] 2820k
[PS2] 960k
[PS3] 820k
[PSP] 1300k
[WII] 1700k

Wes

venison crêpe
------- Nintendo DS 2.47 million -------

8ej02go.jpg

Odysseus

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
Those kind of seem like disappointing Wii HW numbers. Shortages?

no. wiis were available everywhere. just walk into any store and pick one up. i believe they're even selling them at grocery stores now just to try to rid of them.

Draft

IW is fucking done making PC games holy shit :lol What are they at on the X360 alone? 3 mill now? God damn.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii- expected a bit more. They honestly didn't supply as much as I thought they would

360- Not horrible, but for a 5 week period..I dunno. I expected more.

PS3- Sorry, but that's not good, and another example of why we shouldn't trust Sony P.R

DS- Holy crap

PSP- Pretty stellar

Galaxy- Niiiice

COD4- Amazing

Mario and Sonic- astounding. People laughed at the 4M between the Wii/DS hope..the Wii version might get 4M world wide by itself.

Gazunta

So what are the chances I can get:

Viva Pinata: Party Animals (360)
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (Wii)
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (PS2)

plz plz plz plz

Plinko said:
Highly disappointed in PS3, as I love mine. The big question--where the hell did Sony get those inflated numbers for December they released a few weeks ago?

They included the last week or so of November in their "December" numbers, didn't they?

Wow at Call of Duty. And what's Brain Age 2 doing in there?

Home console sales are a little weak compared to some past Decembers (2002, 2003). Partially due to the week that Nov 'stole', partially due to poor Wii supply, I suppose.

Epiphyte

Activision really fucked up the whole Guitar Hero Wii situation. If the PS2/360 #'s are anything to go by, they left a lot of money sitting on the table.

CTLance

And there I was wondering what all those HTTP 500 errors meant... of course. NPD numbahs! Yay! Thanks sonycowboy, driley, and NPD group.

methane47 said:
Wow... no 404 errors this Month?!?!?

Anyways... BIG numbers from everyone...
Although the all under-performed from what I was expecting; except for the DS and the PS2..

I got that error a couple times... I joked in my head that it was NPD.... Fuckin sure enough....

gimmmick

WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA FEB 2007 EVERYONE (E) 2 4.12 million

That is so sad. The fact that this game sold that much for something that should have been a damn download content. I got that for an xmas gift as well.

Kolgar

Nice numbers all around.

DAYYUMM at DS.

PS2 still kicking.

I think the PS3 numbers have to be disappointing.

Top Bottom