• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

Ventrue

GAF Average Predictions said:
[PS2] 871,249 - ~230k too low.
[PSP] 1,036,582 - ~30k too low.
[PS3] 809,183 - ~12k too high.
[360] 1,346,046 - ~80k too high.
[GBA] 242,362 - Not listed.
[NDS] 2,351,355 - ~120k too low.
[WII] 1,637,618 ~300k too high.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
gimmmick said:
That is so sad. The fact that this game sold that much for something that should have been a damn download content. I got that for an xmas gift as well.
It's kind of hard to download a Wiimote. You know, the whole point of getting the game.

PS2bunny.jpg

Will there come a day when this image is no longer appropriate? :lol

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
PS3 numbers are terrible. Less than 800K in Dec? 360 beat it by 462,000 units. WOW.

OnPoint

methane47 said:
Wow... no 404 errors this Month?!?!?

Anyways... BIG numbers from everyone...
Although the all under-performed from what I was expecting; except for the DS and the PS2..

I came across a 500 internal.

But the DS. Fuck.

[Nintex]

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Can the economy really be in such bad of shape if we are buying games and consoles like this? lol

Must be fueled by credit. ;)
Just look at the stock thread in the OT man, people are killing themselves there.

I still don't see a PS3 comeback in the near future. It should've done alot better considering the awesome games and blu-ray victory.

I told you guys Sony's PR was a lie. None of you guys believed me. Especially the Sonybots who said You can't make up numbers. But with Sonys PR they made it seem they sold AT LEAST 800k this month. lol. I knew it all along. Shipped =/= sold once again Sony. just look at my prediction in the December NPD prediction topic.

goldenpp72

So halo 3 sold more then 5 million when adding in canada and america, and probably did nearish the 1.6-2 million mark in europe. Anywhere from 6.5-7 million in the course of 4 months :)

Still we need some rockband numbers as well mass effect :(

MaX_PL said:
xbox 360 hardware sales disappoint me.

The 360 came a hair from selling as much as the Wii. The Wii figures are damn good.

The PS3 numbers are respectable and the 360 did well over those. Unless you expected the 360 to somehow outsell the Wii (next to impossible) then you are just trolling.

Can we get some Puzzle Quest figures sometime? I'm wondering how that sold across all those platforms. :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
T Ghost said:
PS3 is lagging more and more in the US...

Actually the hardware numbers lagged a little less in Dec vs Nov, proportionately, at least compared to 360 (1.65x in Nov compared to 1.58x in Dec). Don't have Wii numbers handy to compare, but I'm guessing obvious supply constraints resulted in that gap being narrowed also in Dec.

Actually, everything is to varying degrees lower than I expected bar DS, obviously, and PS2.

jett

D-Member
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
How could coming just shy of the Wii's figures be bad for the 360 anyways? If the Wii is amazing, then the 360 has to be just shy of that. it isn't like it could beat the Wii which is an unreasonable expectation.

If the wii numbers are considered amazing, then the 360 numbers surely are POOPED MY PANTS INCREDIBLE considering the price differences.

Odysseus

Banned
schuelma said:
Well, it also had another week of sales as well. I dunno..with Halo 3 and a lower price point, plus the awesome November..yeah I think it is disappointing.

you're not getting it. a week of holiday shopping days was shoved from december into november. that's what made november the month that it was. if november cut off the saturday after thanksgiving as in prior years, the 360 number probably would have been ~550k.

add november and december together for 360, you're over 2 million, a nice 25%+ improvement over last year.

it's not world-beating, and it will never match the wii or the ps2. but take it for what it is.

Threi

notag
Super Mario Galaxy officially doesn't count for Wii software anymore.

That being said not a single real Wii game in the top 10.

Wii owners really don't buy any sort of software for the system.

Mrbob

It is too bad we only get the top 10 for such a big month.

We should get at least the top 20 for december, if not top 25 or top 30.

It is amazing how badly CoD4 has bitch slapped CoD3 in terms of sales. And Activision wants to go back to WW2 for CoD5. Pwned themselves confirmed.

I'm shocked by CoD4 sales on X360. 3 million in two months is crazy.

RBH

DS is unbelievable. Just wow. I really need to pick up a DS Lite.

360 does pretty decent, and sw sales stay strong.

Wii does great (as expected).

PS3 disappoints yet again. I was sure they'd at least crack 800k.

PS2 and PSP do very well.

And holy shit at COD4 and SMG.

Francias Castiglione said:
You either meant PS2 or you're insane.
Just shy of 800k isn't bad at all. In fact, the PS2 sales are one of the more disappointing numbers this month. It just had the best it'll ever sell again, and it doesn't even manage to beat all of the Rip-Off Gen machines?

Also both the 360 and the Wii clearly left money on the table due to shipping idiocy.

perfectchaos007 said:
I told you guys Sony's PR was a lie. None of you guys believed me. Especially the Sonybots who said You can't make up numbers. But with Sonys PR they made it seem they sold AT LEAST 800k this month. lol. I knew it all along. Shipped =/= sold once again Sony. just look at my prediction in the December NPD prediction topic.

Their numbers arent too far off considering that not everyone reports to NPD. Amazon? Toys R Us? And I dont remember if their numbers included Canada...

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
GhaleonEB said:
Halo 3 sales after four months are 300k ahead of Halo 2 after four months. (Though that game came out in November, it also had 1/3 larger userbase.)

Are there any good "360 is a software monster" gifs?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Mrbob said:

They'll add the latter later. Usually top ten is released first IIRC.

pilonv1

Mrbob said:

It is amazing how badly CoD4 has bitch slapped CoD3 in terms of sales. And Activision wants to go back to WW2 for CoD5. Pwned themselves confirmed.

I wonder how much is the modern setting and how much is Infinity Ward?

Mrbob said:

Everyone at my workplace has COD4................for the PS3. lol I can't get into the series myself but I guess if they had a demo up on XBL I might try once more.

Threi said:
Super Mario Galaxy officially doesn't count for Wii software anymore.

That being said not a single real Wii game in the top 10.

Wii owners really don't buy any sort of software for the system.

Your sarcastic straw-man is cute.

Goos numbers all around for everyone, but PS2 and DS surprise the hell out out of me. One because it's on its 8th fucking year, and the other because of it's sheer domination.

donny2112

BelligerentOC said:
Their numbers arent too far off considering that not everyone reports to NPD. Amazon? Toys R Us? And I dont remember if their numbers included Canada...

You don't read replies much, do you? NPD numbers are an estimate for 100% of the market. There's not some missing representation that isn't at least attempted to be compensated for. These numbers are U.S. only.

Top Bottom