• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

Lobster said:
MARIO AND SONIC HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

lot of people (incluiding myself) laugh when they said 4 million for this game. now the reality is that they will probably surpass that number WW. remember, this title will get a nice boost once the olympics start.

at least is a nice game, excellent for a gathering of friends. (better than wii sports IMO)

harSon

Banned
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING DS sales. Awesome Xbox 360 and Wii sales. Solid but slightly disappointing Playstation 3 sales.

I'm still amazed that the Playstation 2 can put up these kinds of numbers, when is it going to die?! :lol

Odysseus

Banned
donny2112 said:
PS3 is within expectations, but the 360 number is disappointing, in my opinion. If it's due to Premium shortages, it's not so bad, though.

you know, the 360 number is 160k more than they've ever been in december, and that's with less shopping days prior to Christmas than normal in this npd. i'd say it's not bad.

as for ps3. keep beating that 2008 wardrum, kids. beat it hard.

jett

D-Member
Poor PS3, couldn't even break 800k.

Holy shitcakes at COD4 and Assassins Creed.

WTF at Mario and Sonic.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
gimmmick said:
That is so sad. The fact that this game sold that much for something that should have been a damn download content. I got that for an xmas gift as well.
Not that this actually needs to be said, but it's a controller first! Game second.

Mrbob

Draft said:
IW is fucking done making PC games holy shit :lol What are they at on the X360 alone? 3 mill now? God damn.

Yup.

As each month passes I feel less inclined to spend big money on a new PC.

Consoles are where the sales are now. And where developers will go.

Lo-Volt

I really want to know how the PS3 games performed now. The system really got hammered relative to the stellar competition. I wonder if Sony can at least manage a slow burn out of this, but clearly the US is not on Sony's side this generation.

Also, BRAVO for Infinity Ward for their outrageously good performance with COD4 and Nintendo for its ridiculous DS sales.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Great SW.

I guess, sorta, kind, impressive HW (outside of DS which is, as always, WOW).

Wow @ PS2 taking at shot at 360!

kaiwing

Incredible sales for both Microsoft and especially Nintendo; Sony did well, however I don't think that selling 400k less than their counterparts is part of their plan. DS continues to be King of the Hill and PSP the Duke.

Sega must be doing cartwheels for the M+S Olympics game sales. :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Odysseus said:
you know, the 360 number is more than 160k more than they've ever been in december, and that's with less shopping days prior to Christmas than normal in this npd. i'd say it's not bad.

Well, it also had another week of sales as well. I dunno..with Halo 3 and a lower price point, plus the awesome November..yeah I think it is disappointing.

GhaleonEB

sp0rsk said:
360 HALO 3 MICROSOFT (CORP) SEP 2007 MATURE (M) *1 4.82 million

8.1 million confirmed.
World-wide? Sure.

360 sales are lower than I expected - MS only went up ~100k. Not good. Shortages played a part, but MS had to have been hoping for more than this.

PS3 - good increase from November, but still lower than most expected.

DS - OMGWFTBBQ

Wii - and to think it's still supply constrained. Holy CRAP.

Halo 3 sales after four months are 300k ahead of Halo 2 after four months. (Though that game came out in November, it also had 1/3 larger userbase.)

Odysseus said:
you know, the 360 number is 160k more than they've ever been in december, and that's with less shopping days prior to Christmas than normal in this npd. i'd say it's not bad.

How could coming just shy of the Wii's figures be bad for the 360 anyways? If the Wii is amazing, then the 360 has to be just shy of that. it isn't like it could beat the Wii which is an unreasonable expectation.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cosmonaut X said:
They included the last week or so of November in their "December" numbers, didn't they?
That's what a bunch of people were trying to point out, but the fanboy response tried to play it down.

Lobster

Banned
seattle6418 said:
lot of people (incluiding myself) laugh when they said 4 million for this game. now the reality is that they will probably surpass that number WW. remember, this title will get a nice boost once the olympics start.

at least is a nice game, excellent for a gathering of friends. (better than wii sports IMO)

I think I was one of the only people behind the game saying it would sell 4 million.

:lol

I hope IGN give us some extra numbers like last time.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
GhaleonEB said:
World-wide? Sure.

360 sales are lower than I expected - MS only went up ~100k. Not good.

PS3 - good increase from November, but still lower than most expected.

DS - OMGWFTBBQ

Wii - and to think it's still supply constrained. Holy CRAP.

Halo 3 sales after four months are 300k ahead of Halo 2 after four months. (Though that game came out in November, it also had 1/3 larger userbase.)

How much did Halo 3 sell in Europe? Surely not 3 million.

donny2112

BelligerentOC said:
As well as not every retailer being included. So their numbers might not be too inflated

Any retailer not directly included is estimated for. This is supposed to be representative of 100% of the U.S. market.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
PS3 software is looking dire. Not a single PS3 game could crack the Top 10? Multiplatform games are cleaning up on the 360 and the price drop hasn't helped apparently.

Alcibiades

disappointing Wii numbers...

was hoping for 2 million+

the DS I'm not surprised in terms of demand, but just happy Nintendo had the forsight to ship so many...

2008 will be the year of the Wii is they can get stop the shortages...

felipeko said:
Nintendo DS 2.47 million 8.50 million
PlayStation 3 797.6 K 2.56 million

Damn you Nintendo!

apples-and-oranges.jpg

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
schuelma said:
PS3- Sorry, but that's not good, and another example of why we shouldn't trust Sony P.R

What did Sony's press release say they sold again?

BelligerentOC said:
As well as not every retailer being included. So their numbers might not be too inflated
NPD are pretty good at estimating numbers for the retailers they don't get data from. They don't just leave the figures out.

Top Bottom