• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
stick a fork in the wii U by the way.

the software numbers are abysmal, so nobody wants to make software for it. nobody will buy the hardware because there's no software. and that chicken or the egg cycle will just get worse and worse.

You have to take 1551k of XBO+360 out of 3372k.

Microsoft is absolutely not including handhelds, or else we have 550k left for everyone else.
If they don't include handhelds we have this:

XBO: 908.000
PS4: 680.000 - 908.000
360: 643.000
PS3: 0 - 643.000

270.000 to 1.141.000 left for Wii & Wii U. (well, big gap)

I love seeing Lego Marvel on the list for December, it's one of the best Lego games I've played. I had a ton of fun playing it with a friend.

I didn't know COD Ghosts sold that much. I didn't hear many people mentioning its sales so I thought it didn't do very good. I know there's usually 50,000-80,000 on PS4 daily, so I guess that's something.

Damn, XBO version of nearly all multiplats outsold their PS4 counterparts.

What good is it to have the best and cheapest console on the market if people can't buy it? Well done Microsoft, you just outsold the $100, more powerful/cheaper/hyped PS4. It's not small feat.

Sony actually has to supply other markets too.

Boke1879

What good is it to have the best and cheapest console on the market if people can't buy it? Well done Microsoft, you just outsold the $100, more powerful/cheaper/hyped PS4. It's not small feat.

It's not surprising that more software sold with the machine that sells more. No different than the software selling more on the PS4 when it launched in November.

vilmer_

This should surprise no one. The top 10 games have remained largely similar for years now.

I'm not really a sales person, but even still, just goes to show you that you can just re-skin a game and the masses will still bite. Pretty damn sad.

Jonboy

SIAP.

@jimreilly: NPD: "Xbox One led consoles sales in Dec, while PS4’s two-month total makes it the best selling console during the two-month launch window."

Apart from the technical and pr nightmare, it does feel like Battlefield did particularly well this year benefiting from being a more impressive game both technically* and critically.

*obvious mess that it is aside

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Market overall down 2% across the year is not surprising when you consider for the past few years the behemoths of DS and Wii haven't translated across to the rest of the market in any way. Its normalising away from the surging "extended market" that went into smartphones and tablets instead. Also no more plastic crap phenomenons anymore either. Its all not very surprising or even apocalyptic news. Business as usual.

donny2112

I'd like an update on total Minecraft retail + XBLA sales. It has to be one of the best selling 360 games of all time by now.

That'd be awesome if it ended up the best-selling 360 game. The system bred for Call of Duty and Halo taken over by the LEGO DIY Adventure game. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm not really a sales person, but even still, just goes to show you that you can just re-skin a game and the masses will still bite. Pretty damn sad.

It's definitely disappointing. It shows publishers they can be lazy and people will still buy their products...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

SIAP.

@jimreilly: NPD: "Xbox One led consoles sales in Dec, while PS4’s two-month total makes it the best selling console during the two-month launch window."

Remember:

PS4
November - 1138K
December - ???

XBO
November - 909K
December - 908K
Total - 1817K

1817K - 1138K = 679K

Ergo:

PS4 > 679K

Top Bottom