• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

I wonder how much Etrian Odyssey IV sold.

Probably like 500 copies...

edit: creamsugar, you're above me. I'd like to know.

He posted early >15k.

wiiU is a total clusterfuck. with those games just cross 100k.

if you look over at the soul sacrifice/vita bomba thread, people are saying SS @ 110k is a mediocre. These 4titles just crossing 100k?

BOMB!!!

Wii U price is fucking it up thats it. Nintendo wont do it without compelling software or sone kind of other unknown software or change. They just gonna sit it out for awhile.

its gamecube 2.0.

There's not going to be a recovery. It will be a niche system for nintendo titles. Which I'm sure most owners of a wiiU will be happy with.

If those are the only ones to cross 100k, I'm just now realizing how poorly MH3U is going to do on Wii U next month. There just aren't enough systems out there owned by MH fans and it's gonna be like 20k or less.

wz85eEW.gif
Other 1st NPDs for comparison next month:

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) 68,000
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) 124,000
Lost Planet 2 (360+PS3) under 145,000, over 86,000
Dragon's Dogma (360+PS3) 92,000

Sandfox

He posted early >15k.

wiiU is a total clusterfuck. with those games just cross 100k.

if you look over at the soul sacrifice/vita bomba thread, people are saying SS @ 110k is a mediocre. These 4titles just crossing 100k?

BOMB!!!

You're comparing a huge first party game with a big marketing push to third party ports(late ports at that).

Road

Okay, so it's just some people assuming, then. Could go either way. Thanks!

BTW, FE bundle would be 19% of the 3DS sales from creamsugar's earlier post, so that'd be 36K for the bundle.

How?

1) if 19% of 117k, bundle = 22k
2) if 117k is 81%, bundle = 27k

What option am I missing?

Edit: Oh!

3) 19% of 190k (3DS hardware) = 36k.

DaBoss

And then Sony Ecosystem (PS3 + PSV + PSP) > Xbox 360 about 7K.

So PS3 is closer to 265K?

Other 1st NPDs for comparison next month:

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP) 68,000
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) 124,000
Lost Planet 2 (360+PS3) under 145,000, over 86,000
Dragon's Dogma (360+PS3) 92,000

So I'm going to guess that it will do better than MHTri's first month 3DS+Wii U versions. /crosses-fingers

Why do I get the feeling you're saying this with joy rather than answering his question.

Probably way late to this but by NPD first 4 months

PS3 ~1058k
WiiU ~1008k

So the it's selling better than previous consoles talk has slipped away for the US.

WiiU was never close to being ahead of PS3 in Europe so all thats left where it is ahead is Japan where it also had a way better first 2-3 weeks but has since slipped well behind in weekly sales in the comparative timeframe.

Will take a several weeks to fall behind PS3 in Japan and depending on any bumps for stuff like G&W or DQ maybe a few months.

EagleEyes

Congrats to the 360. Can't believe in its 8th year its still doing these types of numbers. The software numbers look to be dominating also. No wonder Microsoft is being so coy about announcing its successor.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
EO4 sales shouldn't surprise people, the series has always been for an extremely small niche audience here. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't far from the other entries if we had the digital numbers.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

April 30 - Resident Evil Remake
May 21 - Price Cut from $199 to $149
August 26 - Super Mario Sunshine
September 15 - Animal Crossing
November 15 - Metroid Prime

Interesting that none of those games made for any noticeable bumps in sales, unless you count Metroid. I can't imagine Lego City, Wonderful 101, and Pikman 3 having any more system selling potential than those games.

Probably way late to this but by NPD first 4 months

PS3 ~1058k
WiiU ~1008k

So the it's selling better than previous consoles talk has slipped away for the US.

WiiU was never close to being ahead of PS3 in Europe so all thats left where it is ahead is Japan where it also had a way better first 2-3 weeks but has since slipped well behind in weekly sales in the comparative timeframe.

Will take a several weeks to fall behind PS3 in Japan and depending on any bumps for stuff like G&W or DQ maybe a few months.

the PS3 was at $600 for it's first three months also. The WiiU wouldn't get anywhere NEAR those numbers at double the price.

ohlawd

I'd imagine only a few, it came out at the very ass end of the month.

Almost forgot it came out on the 26th.
Damn, time flew when I got it lol. I have over 100 hours :3

and I agree with just about everything you said in your last post. I'm down for another entry, day one. Not supporting a game that oozes so much goodness is criminal in my eyes.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
its gamecube 2.0.

There's not going to be a recovery. It will be a niche system for nintendo titles. Which I'm sure most owners of a wiiU will be happy with.

That's insulting Gamecube. It had Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Leader, SSB, and Pikmin near launch.

NPD day used to be so exciting a few years back.

Now it is just depressing as fuck. I hope the WiiU is an anomaly. If the PS420 do that bad when released then this industry is really in trouble.

Well Congrats to EA on Dead Space 3. I'm surprised NBA 2K13 has such legs. Metal Gear IP looks like it is losing steam . . . just beat out the critically hated Aliens?

~ZIO~

Neo Member
Wii U price is fucking it up thats it. Nintendo wont do it without compelling software or sone kind of other unknown software or change. They just gonna sit it out for awhile.

Price is one component. I want to say the way western media portrays Nintendo is also making the uphill battle to earn consumer trust and interest in this hemisphere a difficult one. And yes, compelling software is also an issue.

It's a myriad of problems Nintendo has to sift through. But if Sony could turn the PS3 around, I don't see how Nintendo couldn't. Depends on whether they're comfortable with making a small profit like how they did with the Gamecube.

the PS3 was at $600 for it's first three months also. The WiiU wouldn't get anywhere NEAR those numbers at double the price.

it'd die at double the price. no second jobbing here.

So, when is Nintendo going to hold someone accountable for this clusterfuck?

seppuku

NPD day used to be so exciting a few years back.

Now it is just depressing as fuck. I hope the WiiU is an anomaly. If the PS420 do that bad when released then this industry is really in trouble.

Well Congrats to EA on Dead Space 3. I'm surprised NBA 2K13 has such legs. Metal Gear IP looks like it is losing steam . . . just beat out the critically hated Aliens?

PS420 won't. D+O have pent up demand

MGR: its not main line and not everyone wants a slasher fest type game. It did well for what it is.

Sega won't be suing gear box then? LOL

donny2112

Why FE bundle would be counted as digital? It does come pre-installed right?

We don't know how Nintendo determines their digital numbers. During the "FE > 25K digital sales thread," the question came up of whether the digital sales included the bundled sales, and I don't think we know the answer to that.

Hero

If Shadow Dragon sold 250k, why in the hell didn't Nintendo bring over New Mystery?

I said this a few pages ago but it was the last post on a page so I think it got buried.

The most likely scenario for Shadow Dragon was that 250K was near the entire print run for the game and the majority of those were sold at bargain bin prices. I remember going into Best Buys and seeing plenty copies of it in those shovelware/clearance bins. After its performance it was most likely that retailers wouldn't be interested in ordering the next FE DS game.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I feel like the sales of DmC and MGR are representative of the amount of gamers still interested in those kind of action games. It's too bad they cant find a bigger audience

In most circumstances, I'd day one both of these. However, I'm on a game buying hiatus until I clear some more of this backlog. I will get these games in due time though.

Top Bottom