• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2013 [Up5: Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Official PS3/WiiU]

ohlawd

I wonder how much Etrian Odyssey IV sold.

Probably like 500 copies...

edit: creamsugar, you're above me. I'd like to know.

Orayn

I have played every US MH release with the same friends since MH on PS2's original release and now I have to play MH3G solo or with randoms, so yeah, it sucks. I could probably at least push a couple copies if the 3DS version had online, though.

Wait, are you saying randoms online? Because the Wii U version is losing its region lock (and also gaining off-screen play) in April.

Anth0ny

Ni no kuni ~ 50k this month, and better than DMC (360+PS3).

awesome

MGR sold more in Japan on a single console than it did in America on two.

14ui442jpga4u48.gif

Fucking dudebros

not awesome

Sorry, PS3> 250K, wrong filter used.

Okay. That makes the equations work out.

[360] 302K
[PS3] ~251K - 299K..."~262K?"
[3DS] ~151K - 199K..."~190K?"
[DS] ~101K - 149K
[WII] ~51K - 99K..."above 80K?"
[WIU] ~66K
[PSV] ~38K
[PSP] ~1K - ~9K..."above 8K?"

Wii + Wii U + PS3 = 435K
Wii + DS + 3DS + Wii U = 455K
PSV + PSP + PS3 + PS2 (negligible) = ~295K

Alex

Wait, are you saying randoms online? Because the Wii U version is losing its region lock (and also gaining off-screen play) in April.

I'm saying I have to play with randoms when I get it because I'm the only person I know who owns a Wii U.

donny2112

then that 117k figure is just what Nintendo gave us (with the bundles included).

Still reading the thread, but how did we determine that the 117K included hardware bundles and that the hardware bundles were not part of the digital numbers for Fire Emblem?

Would have loved to see ZombiU having success in the same vein as Red Steel back in the day. Big publisher releasing a fullfledged survival horror game that's actually pretty damn good and then it ends up like this, bummer.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Would have loved to see ZombiU having success in the same vein as Red Steel back in the day. Big publisher releasing a fullfledged survival horror game that's actually pretty damn good and then it ends up likes this, bummer.

It's good? I guess I'll get it when I get a wiiU by the end of the year

(depends on how much the ps4 will cost)

The market has changed so much here. Halo pioneered the charge, coupled with Gears and in last few years CoD. Besides your annual sports and dance games, anything that doesn't have guns and/or isn't distinctly Westernised will do badly. There are only a few exception.
Not only that but Wii U is not performing well. Cant get great software numbers if the hardware its on cant sale well. And yea if monhun was on 360/Ps3 I wonder if it would "bomb" idk.

Road

Still reading the thread, but how did we determine that the 117K included hardware bundles and that the hardware bundles were not part of the digital numbers for Fire Emblem?

Indeed cs only said fe+bundle > sly. He didn't touch the actual numbers.

It could be:

fe standalone 117k
fe bundle 21k
sly 130k

117k+21k =138k.

I'm so confused, but thanks, cs!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Final set.

Xbox 360 = 302K (known)
PS3 = 270K
PSV = 38K
Wii U = 66K
Wii = 100K
3DS = 190K
NDS = 100K

Things that need to match: Nintendo Ecosystem = 455K, Wii + Wii U + PS3 = 435K, revenue.

I question whether Sony < Microsoft, esp. in light of the correction already given.

Again, rounded to nearest 5K, my estimates, not official, blah blah blah. Usually can be refined as more info comes in.

Alex

aww shiet.

I hope the game continues to sell if it ain't touching Atlus' expectations.
Same with Fire Emblem.

gawd damn I've got a ton of mileage off those two.

Bless everyone who picked up or is picking up those games eventually.

Yup. EO4 is the best game on the 3DS by a fair clip, IMO, It's going to take me a long time to really pick it down but it legitimately deserves it's praise from all angles. It is brilliantly designed, polished and is something that stands up in it's genre across all platforms.

I can't even really imagine where they go in V, they added some really cool, meaty stuff in IV and the polish and tuning was a bigger hop than I expected.

Horrible Wii U numbers. MGRR's sales are a disgrace in the States. Ni No Kuni's deservingly pissing over DmC's sales.

Sometimes I lay in my bed at night for hours unable to sleep because I know there are gafers who actually bought Aliens. I'm not looking forward to tonight..

*Looks at your FF:All The Bravest avatar and remembers your staunch defence of that game and its horrible practices*

You don't get to make that comment lol, you're part of the problem.

donny2112

Indeed cs only said fe+bundle > sly. He didn't touch the actual numbers.

It could be:

fe standalone 117k
fe bundle 21k
sly 130k

117k+21k =138k.

I'm so confused, but thanks, cs!

Okay, so it's just some people assuming, then. Could go either way. Thanks!

BTW, FE bundle would be 19% of the 3DS sales from creamsugar's earlier post, so that'd be 36K for the bundle.

QaaQer

I got lucky and found a sole copy at Walmart back when it first came out, haven't seen it since. Although I don't really think that it's that wonderful anyway, it's actually a fairly so-so Fire Emblem game outside of the polish. If I'm going to lament something not placing that never had any chance to place, I'm going for broke and roll with EO4, baby. One of the best entries in it's genre in quite some time and such a great improvement...if only something could be done about that art.

Yeah, I'm with you on the wonderful EO4...great stuff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
NGS2P ~ 3k

Hah. This is delicious for good reasons: They didn't optimize this and basically shat it out to try to get some people to buy it. I'm glad the word of mouth bit that in the ass. Maybe they can optimize it, maybe they can't (I'm on this side of the fence) but it's a terrible port and needed to be shown.

Top Bottom