• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

Kacho

What the hell is the butthurt reactions about 3DS family?

3DS has ALWAYS been combined. It's the same platform. No one complained about it the past 4 years till 3DS beat PS4 this month.

Should all the Xbox One skus be counted separately? What in the world is going on in this thread?

I have no idea. NeoGAF gone mad.

Pretty good showing for both consoles (XBOne and PS4). Sucks that neither got close to Wii's 432K, but it looks like they both beat out the 360's and PS3's second Febs. By a healthy enough margin too!

I thought the 3DS was going to hit 500K with the new revision. It's supposed to inject a lot of new life into the 3DS HW sales, but I guess I'll see how it holds out next month. Still pretty decent for HW that's seen as aging.

Ridley327

Also, we know New 3DS had shipment problems across the entirety of February, but...are they still present in US?

It's getting better, but we're definitely not at a point where you can just walk into a store and see a stack of them behind the counter.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
...if you don't count "the iOS family" as mobile gaming devices.

Dedicated gaming device. Happy now?

Otherwise PC should have some say in it.

Seriously? Why does anyone even care? They aren't even competing with each other. They're not even the same type device (one is a home console, one is a handheld. They have very different markets they are trying to get).

I have no idea. It wasn't an issue when 2ds came out, now suddenly it is for some.

jn20900

Neo Member
Now I want Sony to put out bullshit PR speak like Microsoft and the Xbox One but about the PS Vita. Long day at work so I can't think of anything funny. I'm sure one of you all can come up with something.

Vita was the best selling handheld for non nintendo fans for the month of February.

USC-fan

Banned
Really sony in a great spot with ps4. Really they dont have to drop price. They can wait for slim version with likely 20nm or 14nm parts to drop the price with the new model.

New 3ds is a weird machine. For the launch of a "new" handheld the sales do not look that good. Seems they maybe going after apple product release. Where we get "s" model of products with minor hardware changes. But not enough to split the user base.

So, not as in February (far from it), but there are still shortages here and there (at least at Gamestop)?

Just general low stock in stores. Especially black.

There is very little excess, Ninty is still managing to sell through most of what its providing.

Welfare

I really don't think they will need to do that any time soon. I imagine that they aren't making many consoles at this point and are just riding out the clock until they can bury the platform and try to forget about it asap.

I was thinking when their new system would come out, they would do it.

mugwhump

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's holding off on MH4 until they can find a physical copy

seriously where the fuck are they

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
PS3 was not selling the way PS4 is when Uncharted came out. I am not sure how strong of a comparison that is for The Order.

Seems like the least contentious month ever. I don't know what Sony would conclude about The Order's sales, or Microsoft on their hardware sales. It all has to be relative to what the expectations were. We know Nintendo must be happy. Everything else is very... vague.

Lucreto

Beats me. I did my part and bought it.

Still, people may have felt burned by their last few games (resistance 3, Fuse and the last few Racthet games were prety forgatable).

It also died in Europe fairly quickly while The Order is holding strong. Fuse and 2 of the 3 Ratchet games I agree with. Sunset Overdrive would dream of doing Resistance numbers.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ohh just read Ninty's PR a little more closely:

Majora's Mask 3D is now the fastest-selling Legend of Zelda hand-held title in U.S. history.

You think Zelda Wii U could beat that?

There's no need to be so passive aggressive -__-

I do appreciate you making the thread and effort put in the OP in collating the PR but I just had one criticism: the title did not match previous ones. Don't take it so seriously.

There's no way I would be able to make NPD threads...I don't even know where to get half the information lol. Your OP is fantastic, better than Nirolaks :)

I ❤ you Psycho. Thanks :)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
PS3 was not selling the way PS4 is when Uncharted came out. I am not sure how strong of a comparison that is for The Order.

Seems like the least contentious month ever. I don't know what Sony would conclude about The Order's sales, or Microsoft on their hardware sales. It all has to be relative to what the expectations were. We know Nintendo must be happy. Everything else is very... vague.

Well we all know only 3 months matter to MS....and they won 2 of them last year.

KoopaTheCasual

On its own I agree but with BF:Hardline + FF + Bloodborne + MLB 15 its a really busy month in general. I would be surprised if the PS4 didn't have a healthy bump next month.
Oh yea, overall, I expect a bump, definitely due to the combination of all those games, especially Battlefield. I just don't get how people think niche game with niche audience will suddenly change overnight.
This is not always true and the Souls series has gained a lot of mindshare over the years. Even people who don't play a ton of games, if they play RPGs, know about Dark Souls. P4G sold a ton of Vitas, would not be surprised to see Bloodborne move units.
If we were talking DS3 exclusive, possibly, since it's steadily growing in popularity, but (while it plays completely like a Souls game) the name recognition of Bloodborne isn't there for the casual market.

I can't find the post right now, but I remember one of our retailer GAF insiders was talking earlier last month about how preorders for the Order were solid, but Bloodborne was lagging, even compared to past Souls titles. I just think people need to temper their expectations with the sales of the game. It'll probably play amazing, but don't expect the sales of the title to reflect that.

Fularu

Banned
It also died in Europe fairly quickly while The Order is holding strong. Fuse and 2 of the 3 Ratchet games I agree with. Sunset Overdrive would dream of doing Resistance numbers.

The Xbone is prety much dead in europe anyway and The Order doing less than 10k two weeks after release in the UK is hardly "holding" (but then again, I may missremember that number, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Evenflow

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's holding off on MH4 until they can find a physical copy

seriously where the fuck are they
As of yesterday it was available again on Amazon for the first time since launch day! So I'm assuming a ton of those 290k are digital, I don't think the game was available anywhere after the first shipment/launch day.

Counting all the Nintendo's handheld models, is like android combining all the phones that use their OS when comparing sells to Apple. GTFO!

Except Sony and Microsoft have done this before with combining "family" sales. 3rd party games always combine multi-platforms, but of course once someone else combines shit all hell breaks loose.

Kacho

Ohh just read Ninty's PR a little more closely:

You think Zelda Wii U could beat that?

Oh yeah. Wii U Zelda looks like it has crazy potential to be huge. The biggest shake-up for the series since OoT.

Did MM really beat TP though in fastest selling? I would have thought either the Wii or GC version of TP would hold that honor.

WonderzL

Banned
Oh yeah. Wii U Zelda looks like it has crazy potential to be huge. The biggest shake-up for the series since OoT.

Did MM really beat TP though in fastest selling? I would have thought either the Wii or GC version of TP would hold that honor.

hand-held Zelda

Oregano

It specifies hand-held.

emrober5

Sony is killing it. I would be shocked if Microsoft wins a single month until the holidays, and even then, it depends on what price/bundle Sony puts out.

I'm glad The Order charted. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was an enjoyable ride, and I want a sequel.

Top Bottom