• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For January 2011 [Up4: Analyst Data (Lots Of Games)]

watership

truly101 said:
Nobody's trolling PS3 ME2 not being in the top 10? Sales-Gaf with realistic expectations for once?

It's a year old game, and they charged full a new game price. That's got to have hurt a little.

Tiktaalik

dralla said:
I wonder what kind of numbers LBP2 could've done if sony actually advertised it

Little Big Planet had much greater than average store floor space and TV advertisements (at least in Canada).

donny2112 said:
6-7 years ago, the NPD threads were just a few pages and had tons of numbers. :/

I still fondly remember the pre-2007 days when we actually got the complete numbers. Sigh. Would that we had a Media-Create in this country.

Barrett2

dralla said:
I saw plenty of TV spots for it on US cable channels. Seems like it got the usual 1st party marketing budget, IMO.

boy, this month....

1297101971_cat-falls-asleep.gif

'nite gents

SpecX said:
What! LBP2 made the top 10 and GT5 didn't on release? Good job!!

Lol there is a difference between a top 10 in a November and a top 10 in January.

I would be surprised if it surpassed GT5's 500k in that month.

Fucking called it.

People just want to shit on something just for the sake of shitting on it.

jedimike

During the month of January, four of the top ten console game titles were for Xbox 360 including: “Call of Duty: Black Ops,” “Dead Space 2,”“Dance Central,” and “Kinect Sports.” (Source: NPD Group, January 2011)

This line from MS's press release is weird. Were they looking at a top 10 split by consoles or did they just somehow miss NBA and Zumba but randomly include kinect sports?

knitoe

jedimike said:
This line from MS's press release is weird. Were they looking at a top 10 split by consoles or did they just somehow miss NBA and Zumba but randomly include kinect sports?
They are looking at it from how old NPD Top 10 list was, all SKU weren't added together.

Nicktals

Banned
dralla said:

I'm still seeing daily ads. About the thousands of new games available daily for lbp 2. They have been advertising it to death.

knitoe

Rush2thestart said:
So no Wii and PS3 numbers? Not even estimations?
I always thought this would happen after NPD changed. The top seller for month would gloat about their number(s), while the other two, tries to hide in the shadow. Kinda surprise it took this long to happen.

chris0701

Highlight of Sony PR:

1)PS ecosystem
2)No more hardware sales praise (not surprised for a long time,though)
3)No Killzone 3 meacritic review praise

PS3 ME2 sales is very bad.

SCEA send ME2 email advertisment to every PSN user,at least this title deserves more sales from PS3 user.

chris0701 said:
Highlight of Sony PR:

1)PS ecosystem
2)No more hardware sales praise (not surprised for a long time,though)
3)No Killzone 3 meacritic review praise

PS3 ME2 sales is very bad.

SCEA send ME2 email advertisment to every PSN user,at least this title deserves more sales from PS3 user.

EA's fault for releasing it full priced a year later.

I would have bit if it was $40 but I am waiting for a drop.

chris0701

Rapping Granny said:
EA's fault for releasing it full priced a year later.

I would have bit if it was $40 but I am waiting for a drop.

I agree $40 price tag would be much better.

However,PS3 ME2 is GOTY2010,and it comes with full DLCs and interactive ME 1 drama comics,it should work as the definitive version for PS3 user. Maybe SCEA and EA underestimate the number of gamers who owns both HD consoles.

chris0701 said:
I agree $40 price tag would be much better.

However,PS3 ME2 is GOTY2010,and it comes with full DLCs and interactive ME 1 drama comics,it should work as the definitive version for PS3 user. Maybe SCEA and EA underestimate the number of gamers who owns both HD consoles.

The lighting is kinda fucked in lots of places. It's not a great port, ME3 engine not withstanding.

Sure, it's the definitive version for the PS3 user who doesn't have an Xbox or a gaming PC, but it kinda HAS to be the definitive version for them since it's the ONLY version.

Anyhow, it should not have been $60. No way.

onipex

NPD does not matter much at this point beyond game sales. The console race is long over. The Wii is walking slowly with a drink and laughing at the 360 and PS3 as they run hard around the track still.

Kusagari

onipex said:
NPD does not matter much at this point beyond game sales. The console race is long over. The Wii is walking slowly with a drink and laughing at the 360 and PS3 as they run hard around the track still.

Yeah, the Wii must be enjoying having the 360 kick it's ass for the last 6 months.

Flying_Phoenix said:
GAF is so boring now.

NPD is on its last breath, no more meltdowns, no more epic gifs, BORING.
At least a few posters wanted to spice things up by reading a little too much into Microsoft's PR by "reading between the lines." lol

Agent Icebeezy said:
NPD day just doesn't have the same appeal. Microsoft is still down to contribute though.

Cuz they are doing well?

it was obvious what was gonna happen when it was announced (the only one willing to give info will be the "winner" of that period)

Damn, I left the house for a few hours thinking surely there would be a couple more updates when I returned, but no. Underwhelming numbers, barely any sales data, slow thread...

Somewhere in the distance I think I hear a balloon slowly deflating.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Damn, I left the house for a few hours thinking surely there would be a couple more updates when I returned, but no. Underwhelming numbers, barely any sales data, slow thread...

Somewhere in the distance I think I hear a balloon slowly deflating.
I also hear a bunch of stupid corporate execs gloating that they finally won the battle against the masses.

And by masses they mean their hardcore followers that love to track internal sales figures for fun. FOR FUN!

just tray

Banned
Not bad for 360 considering the shortages. Went to a toys r us, a walmart, a gamestop, a target, until I was able to find a s model at another target that had just got two in.

Dabanton

truly101 said:
Nobody's trolling PS3 ME2 not being in the top 10? Sales-Gaf with realistic expectations for once?

Seriously if you wanted to play that you would have done it on the PC or 360 at the beginning of 2010.

That plus paying full price for a game that could be brought on other formats for very cheap must have off a few buyers.

The package was solid but it was way to late for most people.

Top Bottom