• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

8th straight month down yoy for the PS3 just for those keeping score although at least this month would be expected because last year was MGS 4. Last year for reference.

June 2008 NPD Sales Data
PlayStation 3 405.5k
PSP 337.4k
Playstation 2 188.8k
Xbox 360 219.8k
Wii 666.7k
Nintendo DS 783k

(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

01. PS3 METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUN OF THE PATRIOTS KONAMI 774.6K (Does not include bundles with PS3 hardware)
02. NDS GUITAR HERO ON TOUR ACTIVISION 422.3K
03. 360 NINJA GAIDEN II MICROSOFT 372.7K
04. WII FIT W/BALANCE BOARD NINTENDO OF AMERICA 372.7K
05. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA 359.1K
06. 360 BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY ELECTRONIC ARTS 346.8K
07. WII MARIO KART W/WHEEL NINTENDO OF AMERICA 322.4K
08. WII LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURE LUCASARTS 294.5K
09. NDS LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURE LUCASARTS 267.8K
10. PS2 LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURE LUCASARTS 260.3K

TheEastonator said:

I'd wait until we know exactly what it did (and these kind of numbers do come out occasionally, esp. for notable titles). I never subscribed to the idea that The Conduit would be a mega-seller, but I expected it to do well over 100k. As the top 10 bottoms out at just shy of 200k, it could easily be just outside the chart.

Of course, it could also have flatlined completely like Excitebots :lol

boiled goose

good with gravy
great opening for TG wii
great opening for 360 prototype
where is ps3 prototype?
conduit should be around 150k according to predictions, not surprising not in top 10 due to high openings for both fight nights.
no wii play in top 10. first time ever
decent for infamous
ea active holds up well
mario kart + wii fit ridiculous

Firestorm

Cosmonaut X said:
I'd wait until we know exactly what it did (and these kind of numbers do come out occasionally, esp. for notable titles). I never subscribed to the idea that The Conduit would be a mega-seller, but I expected it to do well over 100k. As the top 10 bottoms out at just shy of 200k, it could easily be just outside the chart.

Of course, it could also have flatlined completely like Excitebots :lol
Well I expected it to do 10,000 so let's see which one of us is closer ;)

Cruzader

Banned
1cesc said:
Yqzhh.jpg

yup, 360 @ $200 should be doing Wii number sales...damn.

VALIS

Decent month for the consoles. Not great but not terrible.

No Conduit = 25 page thread on how 3rd party games are sent to die on Wii.

cakefoo

Multiplatform games with "Fight" and "4" in their title sell very well on PS3 in proportion to its and 360's installed bases.

Firestorm

VALIS said:
Decent month for the consoles. Not great but not terrible.

No Conduit = 25 page thread on how 3rd party games are sent to die on Wii.
Nobody except the deluded seriously expected Conduit to chart this month. And obviously third party games can do well on Wii. EA Sports Active and Tiger Woods 10 are the top selling games on the platform this month.

Mrbob

Awesome, Infamous hit around 370K for its first full month. Hopefully this means we'll get another one.

FoneBone

Wait, people honestly expected the Conduit to crack the top 10? :lol You ask me, anything over 100K would be great for it. Not that I expect it to even pull that off...

Wow at the Software numbers, I really expected less. No Wii play, first time that happened since it launched I believe, so 2 years of being in the top 10 are over :(

Sadist

Now the wait has begun for the Conduit sales. Did it rank higher than MadWorld?

As for the rest, Tiger Woods impressive. And Mario Kart back.

Top Bottom