• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

Paracelsus

amtentori said:
i think if ghostbusters 360 did over 100k it will be ok.

Resolution-wise it's a Wii game on PS3, it probably did not cost that much, and even if it did, they'll cover the cost with the 360 version.

Busaiku

Htown said:
So the Tiger Woods Wii number DOESN'T include the ones bundled in with Motion Plus?

And the Motion Plus number DOESN'T include the ones bundled in with Tiger Woods?

. . .

Um, what did the Tiger Woods Motion Plus bundle actually sell, exactly?
Tiger Woods does include Motion Plus bundles.

Jokeropia said:
All the Wii games in the top ten are good games.
NO THEY AREN'T, THEY'RE ALL BAD NON-GAMES THAT SUCK AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE THEM ARE SOCCER MOMS WHO DON'T PLAY GAMES

boofrickityhoo.jpg

Talon

DaveTheSnake said:
How many units did The Conduit push out? :lol

I'm thinking less than 100K.

First post!!!
An awesome parody or...

DaveTheSnake
(Today, 06:00 PM)
Reply | Quote

Ah.

DogWelder

Aaron Strife said:
I'm implying that the Halo series is mediocre to irritate sensitive fanboys.

Evidently, it's working.
1. Make an idiotic post.
2. Get mocked.
3. Call them sensitive fanboys.

Your logic chip is defective. Once again...HURR DURR.

Barrett2

Kintaro said:
Pretty decent software numbers all things considered. One thing trips me out. DS is selling mondo numbers, but no game charted in the top ten for it. Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else? Usually with a system selling that nutso, there are pieces of software driving it big time that would appear as well? Happened with PSP too.

Highly diverse demographic + high amounts of piracy + cheap system that many people consider 'disposable.' I know families that have bought 6 DS systems because their kids have broken / lost 4 of them. Its basically a disposable toy for a lot of people.

/my theory

pakkit

Banned
As long as The Conduit is around 100k, I'd say that's a pretty huge success from a FPS from a no-name developer. Plus, teh wii haz legz lul.

The real winner is EA. They're getting rewarded for their excellent Wii output and Fight Night had it's (expected) great numbers.

FoneBone said:
You know, this may be a dumb question, but how do these movie games actually turn a profit? Seems like most of them have very brief durations on the charts, and don't even reach that high when they do chart.
tright budgets and rushed deadlines. they sell good enough to keep making them.

Mithos

bhhawks78 said:
Don't mean to be mean but also glad Conduit didn't chart, just because ign fellated them for months and gave them an absurd score doesn't mean their effort was even decent, i'm confident a good wii fps could be made but would have nothing at all in common with the conduit besides customizable controls.

Conduit was better then most other FPS I played on the Wii (IMO) not counting Metroid Prime Series.

Ghostbusters... How did it do, and what version did the best (Wii, Xb360, PS3).. humm

1cesc said:
1. Make an idiotic post.
2. Get mocked.
3. Call them sensitive fanboys.

Your logic chip is defective. Once again...HURR DURR.
So... when was I being sensitive?

Or a fanboy?

Sorry man, you just got trolled. Don't worry, it happens.

Haunted

Concept17 said:
Quite the decline for both PSP and Wii. Especially given WM+.
Maybe everyone's waiting for Wii Sports Resort, the TRUE™ launch of M+.

As retarded as that sounds, I really think that's going to happen.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Consoles: 919.7K
Portables: 930.0K

Not so bad.
And in related calcualations, the Playstation family outsold all Microsoft products on the market once again. ;)

I only just got a PS3 a week ago so its nice seeing infamous moving units in the second month. It seems like this Tiger Woods game will have even better sales than the last. I was actually pretty surprised by Red faction.

*checks the Red faction amazon page*

DogWelder

Aaron Strife said:
So... when was I being sensitive?

Or a fanboy?

Sorry man, you just got trolled. Don't worry, it happens.
Dude, you're backtracking. It went from Halo is "crap" to Halo is "mediocre" after you got called out. :lol

Aaron Strife said:
NO THEY AREN'T, THEY'RE ALL BAD NON-GAMES THAT SUCK AND THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE THEM ARE SOCCER MOMS WHO DON'T PLAY GAMES

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Yashouzoid/boofrickityhoo.jpg[/im[/QUOTE]
(neutral) Aaron Strife
Banned
(Today, 07:01 PM)
Reply | Quote

There goes one.:lol

AFreak

Banned
Zzoram said:
It's pretty obvious from the numbers that 360 owners that would've bought FNR4 were buying UFC09 instead.

That's a much better explanation, but I still doubt that's the reason. Just because someone likes Boxing doesn't mean they like UFC and vice versa.

Amir0x

Banned
Aaron Strife said:
I'm implying that the Halo series is mediocre to irritate sensitive fanboys.

Evidently, it's working.

oh thanks for admitting you were just trolling i wasn't sure if i should ban you until then

Barrett2

JosM88 said:
I only just got a PS3 a week ago so its nice seeing infamous moving units in the second month. It seems like this Tiger Woods game will have even better sales than the last. I was actually pretty surprised by Red faction.

*checks the Red faction amazon page*

Red Faction is a great game, plays great on PS3. Do it.

minx

CHRP718 said:

I hate it when people pull this shit. The majority of people but the $300 model. Yes $200 is cheap and all, but it doesn't matter when it is lacking what most people want.

I bought an arcade and a 120gb hard drive for $70 off ebay. Already had HD cables :D

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
360 has small, but still solid growth. Which is always a good thing. Since it seems to have been the only system growing each year. This is good if they are planning on keep pushing the system for years to come.

PS2 has the healthy decay going, it's going last quite a bit longer. Amazing that 9 years later it's still having healthy sales for it's age.

Wii, It seems to becoming down to more normal levels now that allot of the hype has died down. Should find a solid number and pace itself.

PSP... It really hasn't done much.

DS, Continues it's dominance, Looks like it's going have another steady year

PS3, It's already decaying from last year. Sony needs to get a new game plan going for it.

lawblob said:
wut? Why would introducing a 'premium' model reduce sales of all models?

I thought the hardcore would pick a bunch up at first, then people would begin to look at the DS line as overpriced for the hardware. I'm glad I seem to be wrong.

Busaiku said:
Tiger Woods does include Motion Plus bundles.
So was it actually bundled with the system anywhere? What is actually being excluded with that "(*includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)" statement?

Good moth for many games. i want to see conduit and grand slam tennis numbers . I liked both of this title. Still need to get tiger woods.

_Angelus_

Banned
Revelations said:
Prototype did rather well in sales overall. More than even Infamous. I wasn't expecting that even if it is multiplat.

I call it karma for all the fucking haters slandering ProtoType. That is sells more than that other game thats been stroked to death here at Gaf while ProtoType had unjustifiable shit flung at it from haters just serves a good dish of crow towards them.
:D

boiled goose

good with gravy
Classic_Gs said:
I disagree, hence my previous post, but to each is own.

based on your expansive experience with both titles, Im assuming.

I for one think Wii fit is a great, fun game that could benefited from some more features. I own it.
I believe Mariokart is a slight rehash with a good addition (online) and broad appeal. it suffers from a huge flaw: a bad battle mode which is my favorite in MK. I have not bought it yet.

I don't understand why people thought the Conduit would succeed.

SEGA publishing it - not a good sign that you're destined for success.

Talon

AFreak said:
That's a much better explanation, but I still doubt that's the reason. Just because someone likes Boxing doesn't mean they like UFC and vice versa.
Yes sir. My buds around here don't watch either boxing or UFC, but they all picked up Fight Night based off the previous one.

Wait, Did Tiger Woods on Wii do around 500k?

Anita Frazier said:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 had a great debut at retail, nearly doubling the units sold in the first month at market of the previous best-two launches: PGA Tour '05 and '07, which sold 272K units each in their respective launch months

NPD said:
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10* (Wii) 272.4K

Does that mean that about half of the Tiger Woods sales were with the Wii Motion+ hardware and not included in NPD due to the "not counting those bundled with hardware"? Or does it mean that the PS3/360 versions of the game sold in total about as much as the Wii version did?

Haunted said:
Pretty sure he was banned for the Halo 3 post. :p
Yeah, but I was just quoting the post that I noticed it with.

I wonder if the 360 will be able to close the gap and start outselling the Wii like it did in Britain. May be improbable, but is it a possibility?

Top Bottom