• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Good job on Animal Crossing.

Legit shocked that Luigi's Mansion 2 and Donkey Kong Country 3D are showing some legs.

onipex

Nintendo's plan to get 3DS sales up in the US is working out great. Shows that their IPs still have selling power for dedicated game hardware in the smarphone/tablet era. It'll be interesting to see how that works out for the Wii U over the next 5 months.

Nice to see that a new IP like TLOU can still sell this well at the end of a generation too.

DaBoss

Retail + Digital Nintendo Sales:
-Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 505K
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 115K (LTD: 750K)
-Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 108K

That's weird. LM2 shouldn't be #10 in the chart if it sold more than DKCR?

Digital sales are included in both the 115K and 108K numbers. So that means a larger percentage of LM:DM sales came from digital than compared to DKCR3D.

I wonder if WiiU will break 100k this year... wonder how much of a bump Last of Us gave hardware. Grats to Mojang and Naughty Dog.

lol Arthur is just picking fights for the hell of it?

Somnid

Assuming the one game to profit thing was somewhat accurate, wouldn't most of their software money not have to make up for it because the yen has weakened tremendously so with a pricecut they shouldn't lose much more than at launch right?

But yes the hh market has been decimated

Don't they have to pay for the stock sitting on shelves or something like that? It's going to drag them down. As much as I wish Iwata luck with his goal I think priority one is just getting profitable and hopefully that doesn't come under fire. Once the dividends go out I think Nintendo can flex their creativity harder.

Ridley327

Do eShop retail cards exist in the US? I don't usually buy my video games from stores anymore.

I haven't seen physical cards produced for them, but Nintendo advertises in store a lot about being able to purchase download codes from the registers at places like Gamestop and Best Buy, so the word is out there about them.

Frillen

AeqsmBo.png

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/277926758915915776

vx7YqUS.png

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/277996261142061056

RdTgb11.gif

Talk about underestimating the power of Naughty God. What game coming out this month could dethrone it in July NPD? NCAA?

I wonder if WiiU will break 100k this year... wonder how much of a bump Last of Us gave hardware. Grats to Mojang and Naughty Dog.

It most certainly will in november and december. The question is can it ever break 100k in a non holiday month. Nintendo systems have a magical pull in the holidays which is why wiiu had a decent start

SuperSah

Banned
Congrats to Nintendo.

Strong 3DS sales and large Animal Crossing sales is absolutely fantastic. Really pleased as it's so deserved.

Also, DKCR3D isn't doing too shabby, either. I got that and I see why people are buying it, great platformer.

The dedicated handheld market is much smaller, but it's nice to see it's not non-existent. At this point it probably won't shrink much more, right?

I think it will to some point. Tablets are getting much cheaper so that you can get one for a kid and its much more economical. I think it will be at least 2 more gens before it not worth it for nintendo though.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I said wow. 3DS will do nowhere near DS numbers.

No console will ever again do DS numbers. Comparing anything to it isn't really fair. Its the PSP number thats probably the more interesting one.

It most certainly will in november and december. The question is can it ever break 100k in a non holiday month. Nintendo systems have a magical pull in the holidays which is why wiiu had a decent start
I think my concern is are retailers even going to stock it enough to sell that much?

If I was going to take a swing at the 3DS, I wouldn't be doing it this month. It's had a really good couple of months in the US and the UK.

I dig portable gaming, so that's what I focus on. If NPD included iOS and Android, I'd take the day off every month just to pore through it.
Mr.Dave here is good at plucking low hanging fruit, but today was not such a day.

I'd vote for him.

lefantome

Nice numbers for 3ds, it had big titles available this quarter. Unfortunately it has sold less than half the sales of the DS in june 2007.

I wanted to see ps3 above 360 because of tlou but it didn't happen. Current gen console are starving at these prices, price cut now to sell like bread this fall with alle the big titles coming out, starting fpwith GTA V

Mlatador

Banned
Such great number for the 3DS. But thats how it goes: Software sells hardware.

Also, good to see the Donkey Kong Country Returns port being well received as well!

People will go bananas for the Tropica Freeze! :D

Pistolero

The 3DS will be no DS, but it's still selling great given how the portable space is slowly shrinking. Those Nintendo IP are amazingly suited for portable experiences.
The 360 numbers are solid, and so should the PS3 numbers be.
The Vita and WiiU are probably dead outside of Japan.
Congrats to Naughty Dog, once again!
Fucking LoL at Gies. This guy never ceases to baffle...

I said wow. 3DS will do nowhere near DS numbers.

The DS was the PS2 of handhelds. A once in a lifetime success story!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
OUYA sales please

I'm going to guess not good.

June was also the first month of availability for the Ouya, the Kickstarter-funded Android microconsole that kicked off a growing craze for Kickstarter-funded Android microconsoles. "Retail sales for Ouya (not counting direct sales through ouya.tv) and were relatively light for a new console," an NPD analyst Liam Callahan said in a statement. "This may be due to the lack of a major marquee title driving consumers to seek out the console, low awareness due to Ouya being a new brand, or low inventory volume due to manufacturing constraints."

Raonak

Banned
nice job TLOU. sellling way better than i ever imagined.

and even though im a vita guy, seeing the 3DS sell makes me happy, shoots down that stupid "handheld gaming is DEAD!" argument. games sell systems folks.

Somnid

I think it will to some point. Tablets are getting much cheaper so that you can get one for a kid and its much more economical

In America I think the lifestyle and home use will cause tablets to pressure things but worldwide it seems less likely. Smartphones have peaked though so I think any additional threat from there is less likely as they become more mundane like personal computers.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Stop laughing. After the industry crashes and dies I want to know what the Leading Console will sell.

Top Bottom