• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

Bloodborne at #2!!!

Sony really knocked it out of the park with this game. Bravo. From the (leaked) reveal, to the smart delay to avoid the packed holiday release schedule, to the hype building and marketing efforts before release.

The game is a masterpiece and a damn hit.

GorillaJu

I expect Bloodborne sold 350k or there abouts. If it sold 1m worldwide in 10 days, and NA generally accounts for about 40% of worldwide game sales, I think in 5 days, 350k is reasonable.

Lot of unsold copies out there tho...

Didn't DBZ XV ship 1.5 million in its first month as well......its got 50k extra sold in JP (comparing to Type 0) and debuted at 200k+ NPD iirc....doesn't seem to much of a difference unless Type 0 did really low numbers.

Takao

Banned
gonna be a funny time if x|x-2 HD had a better debut on vita than type-0 hd on xb1 in the us
i don't think that's impossible

Dysun

Yeah, BF:Hardline has more PS3 players than 360, and more PS4 than XB1

rdTiXf5.png

PC user base is depressing considering where Battlefield made its bones. I'll blame it on the fact that it's not made by DICE

I don't think it is really, XB's demographic seems to loveshooters a bit more than the PS4 crowd.

exactly

and what else were they going to buy in March?

PS4 owners had MLB / Bloodborne / Battlefield / Helldivers / Axiom Verge and a range of titles to use their money on

Xbox One had Ori and Battlefield

MLB and Bloodborne both charged high for retail exclusives.

Anyone else surprised DBZ didn't chart despite the 2.5 million sales mention?

Boke1879

I don't think it is really, XB's demographic seems to loveshooters a bit more than the PS4 crowd.

Not to sound condescending but if you're X1 only gamer. Hardline was the biggest release right? Outside of Borderlands.

My money was spread thin for Type-0 and Bloodborne. Hardline just didn't make the cut for me.

Chobel

Unfortunaty that doesn't work.

It says over 50%. It could be much higher than 50%. Using that 50% number exactly we have around ~100k additional PS4+XB1 sales missing for March 2015.

So not exactly a great indicator to use.

Also last month I swear the number was different.

Damn! What about 51%?

AwShucks

Type-O did fine for what it is, but I'd expect more considering the FFXV demo.

You've got to wonder how much harm Lightning and her shitty series did to the franchise.

A lot, but the $60 price tag also played a part. Had it released at $40 I would have purchased it.

Nintendo is the only one that releases digital+physical numbers, the others are all just physical, right? Or are all the numbers now both combined? I assume also PC isn't on the list, since Pillars of Eternity and Skylines seemed to do really well in march.

I admit that I was not sure some time ago that Bloodborne would outsell Type-0... I was very wrong.

Final Fantasy brand is not the same anymore.
To give you an idea, an FF game with a packed in demo for an upcoming major FF title did Bravely Default numbers with 2 platforms to work with.

That FF name might have been run through the mud one too many times.

Nintendo saw growth on both of their systems, so MS/Sony or one of the two crashed - meaning MS saw low sales since last yr had Titanfall.

Xbone probably had the biggest drop because of the Titanfall factor but I'm guessing the PS4 also saw a drop, as well as the continual decline of the PS3 and 360.

Anyway, congrats From and Sony. Time for the people predicting that it wouldn't sell over 300k to eat some crow.

Oh and Nirolak, I noticed a small mistake in the OP that confused me for a second. You've listed Mario Party 10 as Mario Party 9 in the notes.

To give you an idea, an FF game with a packed in demo for an upcoming major FF title did Bravely Default numbers with 2 platforms to work with.

That FF name might have been run through the mud one too many times.

XV is probably going to be their last chance to really salvage Final Fantasy as a powerhouse selling brand. As it stands now, firing the name onto everything just makes people wary, which is probably what happened with Type-0 as it's not a numbered game.

Top Bottom