• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2015 [Up1: Nintendo numbers, PS4 placing]

Welfare

2dd.jpg

It did that in 9 days - not in a month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-sales-surpass-1-million/

Bloodborne is in a similar situation.

Sold over 1 million in 9 days:

March 24 - April 5th. - 9 days.

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/bloodborne-sales-top-one-million-worldwide

Oh yeah I know, but since sales for AAA games are typically front loaded I don't know that it did much more than a million in the remaining 21 days. Maybe finished the month at 1.2 million

Either way I don't think we got 30 day figures for it

I admit that I was not sure some time ago that Bloodborne would outsell Type-0... I was very wrong.

Final Fantasy brand is not the same anymore.
Eh, I think it's more so that it's not a full blown, mainline Final Fantasy than the brand not being as strong. Plus Type-0 wasn't even advertised a lot compared to a mainline FF. And it's a port of a PSP game.

RexNovis

Banned
Holy shit at MLB ranking despite only being tracked for a few days.

I'm guessing BF:H sold in the neighborhood of 620k across all platforms. Strong enough to put it at #1 but weak enough to be a dissapinting launch for the battlefield franchise.

Bloodborne at #2 is encouraging. I'm still betting it sees more than 400k sales on NPD.

Can't wait for them pies.

Donos

Beside Hardline, PS4 users had more full price titles to buy the month. I doubt that Hardline would have sold more on XB1 if Bloodborne had released in another month.

Type-0 ... Square needs to finally get their shit together and push FF XV.

Im a little bummed out that Type-0 didnt do better. It's a good game despite being a PSP remaster.

Nice month for PS4 and Bloodbourne though.

And had 3 extra days in March than Bloodborne; 3/21 for SS and 3/24 launch for BB. Both did great but I'm incredibly happy about how much BB moved considering it's a far nichier sell.

Oh, no doubt about that. The 1mil WW in like 11 days speaks to that. Even I ate crow on that number haha

PC user base is depressing considering where Battlefield made its bones. I'll blame it on the fact that it's not made by DICE

A combination of it being an Origin exclusive and the fact that military shooters in general have noticeably declined on the PC, in particular the annualised franchises such as Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Bruno MB

gonna be a funny time if x|x-2 HD had a better debut on vita than type-0 hd on xb1 in the us
i don't think that's impossible

I have the Xbox 360 version of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII barely edging out the PS Vita version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster by less than 2,000 units, the difference must be nil due to rounding.

I expect Final Fantasy Type-0 HD to be in the same ballpark as Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII with the difference that the Sony console SKU will have a bigger percentage of sales.

Jigorath

Banned
lol @ The Order dropping out of the top ten so fast. Sony has to be seriously wondering whether or not they should invest in a sequel.

Good for Bloodborne. Would have been fun for it to place ahead of Battlefield.

Shantom

Didn't DBZ XV ship 1.5 million in its first month as well......its got 50k extra sold in JP (comparing to Type 0) and debuted at 200k+ NPD iirc....doesn't seem to much of a difference unless Type 0 did really low numbers.

DBZ is very popular in Europe and the rest of America, probably more so than an FF spin off.

lol @ The Order dropping out of the top ten so fast. Sony has to be seriously wondering whether or not they should invest in a sequel.

Good for Bloodborne. Would have been fun for it to place ahead of Battlefield.

It debuted at 9, I'm not sure what people were expecting :p.

Dysun

A combination of it being an Origin exclusive and the fact that military shooters in general have noticeably declined on the PC, in particular the annualised franchises such as Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Battlefield 4 has held on decently and it had both of those factors at play. It has 3x the current players and is 18 months old

Came for the Bloodborne. Leave satisfied. I personally wanted to get type-0 but the price was a bit much and it coming out when bloodborne did didn't help. I'll get it down the line.

Astral Dog

Good for Bloodborne, poor Type 0 appears to be selling below expectations.

3DS doing ok for a mature handheld. Wii U not doing as bad as before, in a way its a shame that Mario Party 10 will end up selling more than other better quality titles on the system, but at least something is selling on it.

Top Bottom