• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2015

Somewhat surprised at all the hype for Splatoon finishing 5th in a slow month. Its not really all that impressive.

That being said game will do solid enough for what it is

NotLiquid

Didn't Watch Dogs sell an ungodly amount last May?

Both Watch Dogs and Mario Kart 8 made a huge mark last year. Software sales being down are probably only because those titles inflated things. Witcher 3 performance is impressive but it alone wasn't going to hold much of a candle.

rhandino

Banned
SPLATOON NO BOMBA CONFIRMED!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

1lmcbwX.gif

And with only 3 days of tracking, unless I'm confused =P

Tapejara

Never realized NPD doesn't track the Minecraft or MLB 15 Vita SKUs. Always figured they did, but I guess that both SKUs just being a box with a download code is the reason I don't see them listed alongside their console counterparts.

Microsoft really has to be frustrated a bit. Even with price drops and ridiculous deals they still get whooped.

Wait until actual numbers are released before making claims.
The same thing happened last month with the XB1 "beating" the PS4 then later we see that it was a marginal difference in sales.

What does charting translate into? How can you judge its success without an actual sales number?

Well, it's a console exclusive baseball game that has been a top 10 selling game in the US for 2 straight months... It's a pretty niche game, and an exclusive to boot...

You think their sales expectations were higher?

So if Nintendo announces NX next week is that a slap in the face to these Splatoon numbers? At this point I don't get why Nintendo doesn't go all in and release a $199 non bundled SKU to just drive software sales up. Give these titles extra life.

Either way, a great stepping stone for the franchise. Shocked at those numbers.

Top Bottom