• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2016

Sterok

Pokemon has no digital, is exclusive, is priced lower, and is split in two. Still beasting in the chart rankings, let alone actual sales.

Good for Battlefield, but Madden feels lower than usual. Is Madden down, or did it get heavier discounts than Titanfall?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Isnt NPD ranked by revenue now?

Makes the Pokemon's lower price point + Titanfall 2 moving up despite firesales even more impressive.

Kusagari

What did BO3 do last year because IW doing less than Pokemon combined means it's under 2.7 mill.

Seems really low compared to past CoD numbers.

So cod is dead but still beat everything else so everything's dead, right?
It's not dead, no one is suggesting that. It's just declining, even when they held a highly anticipated remaster hostage to try and salvage sales. That said, we've seen software sales decline for AAA a lot this year, COD isn't alone in that.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So cod is dead but still beat everything else so everything's dead, right?

Dead? Is that how you describe the #1 game?

It did roughly 2.5 million if the numbers are correct. (Sun & Moon did 2.7 million, CoD was 8% less)

Bronetta

It did. Which is why it was HEAVILY discounted within a month of release.

That means Battlefield 1 and CoD must have tanked too since they saw similar price drops, right?

kswiston

Dead? Is that how you describe the #1 game?

It did roughly 2.5 million if the numbers are correct. (Sun & Moon did 2.7 million, CoD was 8% less)

This series was doing 5 million opening month a couple entries back, and was approaching 9 million at its height.

iavi

Thank the lawd TItanfall 2 sales picked way up.

Campaign better than Dooms and I didn't think that was happening anytime soon let alone right after it

Bronetta

This series was doing 5 million a couple entries back, and was approaching 9 million at its height.

Its definitely in decline, I think sooner or later Activision is going to switch to Destiny as their main cash cow with the way things are going for CoD.

My attempt at sarcasm obviously failed. I was mocking all the people dancing in the street because they think cod is dead.

My sarcasm meter is busted nowadays :(

Right. All this tells us is they should have released the game at a lower price point. People were interested but not at $60.

Or it released among bigger name games and did better with word of mouth combined with the sale. With better marketing and a more optimal release date, they would likely have done significantly better.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--CoD released 19 days earlier than Pokemon and still lost?

Quixz

FIFA has been doing amazing over there in the past few years.

Join Us Join Us Join Us Join Us Join Us Join Us Join Us Join Us

Kusagari

Yup. Activision must be sweating those CoD numbers at least a little. It's down last year by a lot and their MW Remaster gambit didn't seem to pay off.

Hard to say if it paid off or not. Game could have been lower without the remaster. Wouldn't have been surprised if BF1 would have won without it.

So happy to see Titanfall 2 at #2. I know I did my part in getting the game day one and spamming the shit outta my PSN friends to get the game.

I guess CoD wasn't the bomba I thought it was going to be. Good for Infinity Ward.

dafodeu

Wow that Pokemon Go effect. Is everyone going to buy Mario Maker this month because of Super Mario Run mobile game?

Quentin

Banned
Why are people acting like Pokémon is Deadly Premonition or something ? Lol

Of course it's gonna sell more than COD it's Pokémon & on a bigger install base to boot.
Not to mention it's 2 games. I'm sure a lot of gamers doubled dipped also

Top Bottom