• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2007

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seems PH won't be replicating it's Japanese success in America. Guess that means we get more TP-like Zeldas afterall.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Sony must be counting PS2 sales in that 75,000. No way was the rest of the month that low.

Wow. The Wii's lead over the DS is getting bigger with each month :O Nice GHIII Wii Sales as well.

Oh and Sony's revitalized sales need to wait till next month's NPD.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii shows its strength this month..just wow. Can we talk about Wii 3rd party success now, or does Guitar Hero not count?

Leonsito

If one year ago, you tell me that Wii was going to sell 519k in USA in a month, and about 120k per month in Japan, I would have laughed my ass off, or thinking that you got the USA/Japan thing wrong...

nov5hi.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well didn't Sony say that 75K week was the week of Oct. 29th? In which case, only a few days of that week are in October's NPD?

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Wow, Wii GH3 beat out PS2 version.

Wow.

I wonder what the guys at EA who chose to wait on the Wii version of Rock Band are thinking right now.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Multiple PS2 SKUs. Still, good showing for Wii none the less.

Wow at GHIII for Wii outselling the PS2 version (well, the most comparable SKU, anyway). Didn't expect it to do quite that well.

I hope someone has Zack & Wiki numbers; too bad GAF didn't request them.

Anyway, now I'm sure that Super Mario Galaxy will sell a lot in NA.

Why ?

Because here the momentum is still high and it will transmit itself on the software side.

And btw: very nice sales for Guitar Hero 3 on Wii.

castle007

Banned
Oblivion said:
Seems PH won't be replicating it's Japanese success in America. Guess that means we get more TP-like Zeldas afterall.

WTF

the game has sold 486k, and it will sell even more in November and December.

DuMaurier

After Madden bombed on the Wii I thought GH3 might be just as dismal. Nice showing.

Was Zack and Wiki out for these numbers or is it next month?

For the new page, and people who don't get it...

Cheesemeister said:
Not really. PS2 GH3 isn't combined, but split between guitar and non-guitar SKUs. Combined, it'd be...

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK BOTH (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 502.8K
360 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 2 383.2K
WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 3 286.3K

EDIT: Of course, this doesn't include the 360 stand-alone SKU.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh and Sony's P.R from last night seems to be a flat out lie.

FrankT

Xisiqomelir said:
HELL YES

HAPPY TIME IS HERE

I derive the most satisfaction from knowing that you "bububu Sales-Age is destroying teh GAFs" whining crybabies are probably devastated by this day week and thread. Too bad, develop some fucking elementary numeracy, then maybe you can join the big-boy party instead of drooling like genetic regressives while finger-painting on cave walls with cockroach ichor. Oh god how I love thee, NPD thread. Props to driley for sticking by us, and here's to hoping we see even more public release for ourselves and Yurop until parity with the JPN tracking agencies is achieved.

Also:

Wii 5,038,685
360 7,092,151
PS3 1,980,649

7 mill in the US, nice. 360 is still the software beast and that isn't changing anytime soon.

CrisKre

Wow. The trend in HW sales just solidifies here in America. Wii is HUGE. DS just keeps going, 360 keeps up and PS3 does bad.

Im really interested in seeing if Metrod has any legs and still sels decent and what Zack and Wiki has done.

No6

Frillen said:
Wait, why is there two GHIII PS2s?
Because one had the guitar and one didn't. We also can't see where the non-guitar 360 version landed (somewhere under 110k is all we know).
can't believe guitar hero 3 did better on 360 than ps2, that's amazing
It didn't, although they may be very close.

sonycowboy said:
Super Category Totals
U.S. Video Games Sales - October 2007
October 2006 October 2007 YTD Oct 06 YTD Oct 07
Video Games $643.3M $1.1B 73% $7.0B $10.5B 49%
Video Games Hardware $207.1M $469.7M 127% $2.2B $4.1B 85%
Console Hardware $118.7M $349.6M 195% $1.4B $3.0B 125%
Portable Game Hardware $88.5M $120.1M 36% $877.5M $1.1B 23%
Video Games Software $369.3M $513.9M 39% $3.9B $5.0B 27%
Console Software $283.8M $412.5M 45% $2.9B $3.8B 28%
Portable Game Software $85.5M $101.5M 19% $983.1M $1.2B 23%
Video Game Accessories $67M $130M 94% $872.8M $1.4B 60%

You should start using code tags, this is a pain to read.

Tideas said:
Were you guys really expecting ratchet to sell for millions in 2 weeks?

It had two weeks of sales? Didn't BioShock win a whole month in less than one? And it's not even like it's knocked out of the top ten but with a high sales rate. Its under 116,000.

There's no way around it.

Top Bottom