• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA’s Next-Gen Blackwell GB100 GPUs Utilize Chiplet Design

With how large in size their GPUs are getting, they should really just start making computer cases now with integrated RTX cards

Buggy Loop

With how large in size their GPUs are getting, they should really just start making computer cases now with integrated RTX cards

They should just put a socket on the GPU to receive the CPU

I would be fine with that

installing-the-rtx-4090-on-a-tiny-motherboard-v0-rtnvi2ragoqa1.png

KungFucius

King Snowflake
They should just put a socket on the GPU to receive the CPU

I would be fine with that

installing-the-rtx-4090-on-a-tiny-motherboard-v0-rtnvi2ragoqa1.png
I loved the old Pentium II/III and AMD CPU Cards. I wish they would move back to something like that. Maybe with chiplets they can do a 2 sided monstrosity CPU on a card that is cooled from both sides. Then we can get into a epenis measuring contest between CPU and GPU.

Nvidia just fucked up with the 4000 series. MSI just launched a slim line which is what these things should have been had Nvidia understood the actual thermals. The cards are cooler than the 3000 series and were fit with heaters designed for a scaled up 3090 on a shit node, not the efficient TSMC chips we got.

Buggy Loop

I loved the old Pentium II/III and AMD CPU Cards. I wish they would move back to something like that. Maybe with chiplets they can do a 2 sided monstrosity CPU on a card that is cooled from both sides. Then we can get into a epenis measuring contest between CPU and GPU.

Nvidia just fucked up with the 4000 series. MSI just launched a slim line which is what these things should have been had Nvidia understood the actual thermals. The cards are cooler than the 3000 series and were fit with heaters designed for a scaled up 3090 on a shit node, not the efficient TSMC chips we got.

According to kopite7kimi, Nvidia had MCM ready to go for Ada in case the TSMC switch would not be satisfactory. They were sizing these things for a shit samsung node + MCM power hungry monster.

kiphalfton

Interesting i thought that chiplets wasn't really beneficial much for nvidia to go with it. But i guess they still do so.

Wonder what gains we will be seeing and what new tech there 5000 cards bring along the way.

DLSS 4.0, exclusive to RTX 5000 series. Because fuck you RTX 4000/etc. owners.

I’m not really sure what to make of this. If core counts aren’t changing much, does this indicate that whilst performance gains will be better, performance won’t be significantly better than 4000 series?

I imagine if this is the case, they are likely moving away from traditional core performance and moving further in with A.I to improve performance through technology deployed through the chipset.

It’s all very confusing, just sell me a decent 5000 series card that will give me better performance than a 4090 but not cost as much. Thanks.
No it means there will be improvements to the cores themselves rather than doing a drastic increase to the amount of cores.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll stick to 3080Ti for as long as I can, plus I can't imagine 5000 series will be worth getting price-wise, in fact, I'm sure it'll be even worse.

Toots

Gold Member
f96.png

GeForce 6 Curie was codenamed after Marie Curie and Hopper was named after Grace Hopper I take it they were virtue signaling then as well.
The Anti-Woke crowd are absolutely insane mane.....its reached the point where I dont know if this is parody or these people are actually this deluded and so desperate for something to be outraged at.
Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

is everything about wokism now

Fucking hell
My Hot take tour 2023 is finished, but here's one last hot take, as a parting gift
Hot take :
You two take hot takes too seriously

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
AIBs over-over-over compensated at launch.
Ada isnt even hot.

The ProArt cards from ASUS run perfectly fine not loud or hot in a size more comparable to previous generations and more AIBs have realized they are wasted metal and plastic making these massive coolers when Ada is so chill.

I bet you could cut this down to two fans the the 4070Ti/4080s would still be just fine.

71oI7n7acjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

RTX 4070 and under can even be run with one fan:
COLORFUL-GeForce-RTX-4060-Ti-16GB-iGame-Mini-1.jpg

COLORFUL-GeForce-RTX-4060-Ti-16GB-iGame-Mini-2.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
You keep saying Hot Take.
words1.jpg
Using Hot takes without knowing what a hot take is...
Wouldn't that be the hottest of takes ?

I'm messing with you. For real i discovered this expression on neogaf and i like to think it means some inflammatory opinion aimed at making react people who are (sometimes far too) invested in the subject. Can be small (what i said in the MK1 thread) or huge (what i said here), and it's always kind of dumb. There's also the false hot take, when someone says hot take and then says something universally agreed upon, waiting for everybody to tell them they are right. Those people make me sad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom