• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Ends GeForce RTX 4080 & 4070 Ti GPU Production As “SUPER” Launch Imminent

Bernoulli

M2 slut
NVIDIA announces official discontinuation of production of two RTX series GPUs

According to relatively accurate information, several NVIDIA RTX40 series GPUs have entered the discontinuation stage, and the follow-up is only to digest the inventory cutoff, mainly involving two GPU series NV that have stopped mass production.

NV has stopped mass production of RTX4080\4070TI series GPU models. The last distribution of goods in the 2023Q4 quarter has ended. Each AIC brand has digested its own inventory and is waiting for the arrival of subsequent new products.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I think like four different people on here told me Super cards weren't gonna be a thing when I posted about them

It was common sense they would be released its even releasing when I said it would....I don't get how people are so confident and wrong

Nvidia pricing just puts me off of PC gaming nowadays, and unfortunately that has also trickled down to AMD as well.

Times have changed and I just can't bring myself to spend over $500-550 for a GPU anyway so my 3060 Ti will have to last me awhile. At this point I miss my 980.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Nvidia pricing just puts me off of PC gaming nowadays, and unfortunately that has also trickled down to AMD as well.

Times have changed and I just can't bring myself to spend over $500-550 for a GPU anyway so my 3060 Ti will have to last me awhile. At this point I miss my 980.

Looking back it’s crazy how good the value was for the 900 series and 1000 series. 970 was such a good card for $330.

kiphalfton

If nVidia had launched these SKUs at those price points last year they probably wouldn't have gotten nearly the backlash.

Same thing happened with 2000 series.

Difference is is the 2070 super was actually good, whereas I still have no faith in 4000 series stuff (other than the 4090).

Looking back it’s crazy how good the value was for the 900 series and 1000 series. 970 was such a good card for $330.
Absolutely. The 1080 from what I can tell can hold it's own even now.

Different times. Now we have shitty pc ports left and right and extremely overpriced hardware.

I miss back in the day when I didn't know any better as a little kid and played tons of games on my shitty computer at what I imagine was 10-15 fps.

T4keD0wN

4070 ti super looks appealing to me, but i think ill pass just out of principle because of how scummy and arrogant Nvidia has been with the ada generation.

After a shitty generation that was still heavily influenced by crypto, followed by an all time low gpu sales gives me hope that the next one should be a really good one.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I think like four different people on here told me Super cards weren't gonna be a thing when I posted about them

It was common sense they would be released its even releasing when I said it would....I don't get how people are so confident and wrong

good-boy-pat-on-head.gif

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Same thing happened with 2000 series.

Difference is is the 2070 super was actually good, whereas I still have no faith in 4000 series stuff (other than the 4090).
Eh, I disagree with that. Other than the 4060, the 4000 cards have been really good, better than the 2000 cards were in a lot of ways, and fairly priced compared to AMD's competing products. The problem is how they're priced relative to each other.

People expect those middle 70/80 tiers to offer better price-to-performance than the top and bottom of the stack, and they didn't really do that this time. So these new Super cards kind of solve that issue, and give people what they would want for the price point relative to the 4090 or whatever.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Eh, I disagree with that. Other than the 4060, the 4000 cards have been really good, better than the 2000 cards were in a lot of ways, and fairly priced compared to AMD's competing products. The problem is how they're priced relative to each other.

People expect those middle 70/80 tiers to offer better price-to-performance than the top and bottom of the stack, and they didn't really do that this time. So these new Super cards kind of solve that issue, and give people what they would want for the price point relative to the 4090 or whatever.
Nah 4060 should have 3080 like performance like it was before. Or atleast close to it with less vram.

ahtlas7

Interesting. I was just doing a search for 4090 and noticed they are back to their outrageous prices in EU.

//DEVIL//

4080 Super $1300
4070 Ti Super Ultra Combo Breaker $900

BECAUSE REASONS, SON! TRUST MEY BRO
Nah. they will be the same price as 4080 and 4070 ti if there is plan to halt production of 4080 and 4070ti . otherwise they will keep them with a 100 to 150$ difference and let the customer decide.

halting production usually mwans the new one is replacing the old one.. I am going to assume in price too.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Nah 4060 should have 3080 like performance like it was before. Or atleast close to it with less vram.
Like I said 4060 (and the Ti) are outliers in the 4000 line, they're badly gimped. The other cards were good, just pricey with not much extra value to be had in the mid range like there normally is.

GreatnessRD

Nah. they will be the same price as 4080 and 4070 ti if there is plan to halt production of 4080 and 4070ti . otherwise they will keep them with a 100 to 150$ difference and let the customer decide.

halting production usually mwans the new one is replacing the old one.. I am going to assume in price too.
Let's hope that's the case, but I think you're underestimating the power of Jacket Man! What you're saying is plausible and makes sense, but until I see the price tag, I believe they're gonna continue to finesse.

//DEVIL//

Let's hope that's the case, but I think you're underestimating the power of Jacket Man! What you're saying is plausible and makes sense, but until I see the price tag, I believe they're gonna continue to finesse.
of course he can always pull a full retard on us. no one can stop him. but they are discontinuing the card because it didnt sell in the first place. releasing the other card for a higher price is a suicide. Especially when it will get closer to the 4090 and that card is on a different league.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I wish the 4090 was getting a Super too, but I guess there's no need for them to make it without competition.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

of course he can always pull a full retard on us. no one can stop him. but they are discontinuing the card because it didnt sell in the first place. releasing the other card for a higher price is a suicide. Especially when it will get closer to the 4090 and that card is on a different league.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, but we'll see! Should be interesting to see. Wonder if AMD is gonna counter with price cuts of their own. If the 7900 XTX drops far enough, I might bite. lol

I paid €500 for a 3060 during the crypto boom.

Not that I'm unhappy with it mostly play weebshit and old games.

XOMTOR

Same. Every time I go on PCPartPicker, I end up shaking my head and closing the browser tab. Unless I really cheap out on other components, any semi-decent build with a mid-tier GPU is at least $1800 CAD.

May as well wait for PS5 Pro, throw in a Switch 2 and a new Steam Deck OLED; probably still come out ahead.

I basically just gave up on PC gaming, at least anything new that has demanding specs. My 1070 is still plenty for the games I have on PC, and my consoles get way more use now anyway. I'm not going to bother upgrading when PC has been such a poor value across the board - hardware, software, peripherals, everything really.

It used to be a better way to play games, but somewhere around crypto and ever since, it has been a poor experience AND a poor value. It's so pathetic Nvidia has been taking the Apple router of RAM starved hardware and bizarre product segmentation, and nobody seems to care. A 1070 from 2016 has the same amount of RAM as a 4060. They also released a 16GB 4060ti, meanwhile the 4070ti is stuck with 12GB.

And now they are about to drop the 4070 Super that is gonna reset/crank the price and finally give people the 16GB they should have had years ago.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Your missing the point. The point of each card is to be a poor value proposition relative to the next card up.

Ywap

I agree with most comments here. With PC parts getting so overpriced it's hard getting excited for new releases.

As a PC only gamer for years i'm actually more interested in a PS5 Pro.

Last edited:
Still a huge performance gulf between the 4080 SUPER and the 4090. Maybe there will be a 4080 Ti. Maybe there won't. Either way, I'll wait for 5000 series.

CuNi

With the current AI boom, I'm planning to ride my 3080 till 6XXX series. 5th series will see insane pricing. Most likely to go up one more time. I ain't paying that.

Top Bottom