• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER launch scheduled for January 17, 24 and 31 with RTX 4070 SUPER leading the way - VideoCardz Rumor

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...24-and-31-with-rtx-4070-super-leading-the-way

BhwbYPM.png

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Lol, the real, non-heavily cut down versions they were supposed to release instead of those gimped cards they've been selling us at a premium? You're too kind NVIDIA.

Even the 4090 for how powerful it is the most cut down version of a high-end chip that there's ever been.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Finally! Replacing the 2060 Super in my main rig with a 4070 Super and the 1660 Super in my work PC with a 4060

.....In like three months or so no reason to rush at all nothing coming out really in these dull gaming times we live in

hinch7

Feelsbad as a 4070Ti owner. At least I didn't overpay for it..

Pricing will be key for these I feel. And really, these SKU's are what Nvidia should've launched from the get go.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I wonder how big the 4080 super will be.. I am starting a 2024 build but I want to use a small micro atx case if possible.

Diddy X

I'll wait for the more powerful 5000 series, I play on a 4k TV with a 3060ti so the most demanding games I can't play them so I have to stick to older games but I can wait, plenty of good old games.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Can't believe they actually decided to go with "RTX 4070 Ti Super".

In any case, they're closing the gaps between each different model. So forget about price drops, since it essentially creates a hard floor for the lowest any particular card can go for; the lowest price the RTX 4070 Ti can reasonably go on sale for is dependent on the RTX 4070 Super (and so on and so forth).

kiphalfton

Feelsbad as a 4070Ti owner. At least I didn't overpay for it..

Pricing will be key for these I feel. And really, these SKU's are what Nvidia should've launched from the get go.

Same shit happened with RTX 2000 series. They got money from the people who bought the non-super cards, which also incidentally were a ripoff value wise, and then released the super cards (which were what they should have originally released, as everybody was rightfully bitching about the pricing coming from the GTX 1000 series... which were reasonably priced).

Dzab

Because I don't like bad games? I played FF16 and it completely sucked, SF6 was a joke, I could go on and on this wasn't a great or even good year for me
I haven't played FF16 so I can't say much. But Street Fighter 6 is very good, even moreso when you stack it up against SFV and MK1 this year. They are not "bad games", you just don't like them, which is completely fine of course.

What about BG3? AW2? RE4? Phantom Liberty? If we're talking pure fun then Pizza Tower was incredible. Not exactly a demanding PC game though lol.

Xyphie

RTX 4080 Super is going to be like 5% faster, why does it even exist? Should've been a 20GB AD102 variant.

4070 Ti Super is a pretty sizable upgrade if it comes in at the same $799 price though.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Not that I have any interest in purchasing any of these GPUs, I'm really curious to see what the 4080 Super and 4070 Ti Super gonna be hittin' fo.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The 4070 Ti Super looks like it will be the biggest upgrade over its non-super variant. The 4070 Super really should have gotten an upgrade to at least a 256-bit memory bus.

Buggy Loop

So... they have to drop 4080 prices right?...

right?

How do you fit a 4080 super between 4080's $1200 MSRP and 4090's $1600 MSRP without just pushing a buy into either direction but certainly not a super?

hinch7

Same shit happened with RTX 2000 series. They got money from the people who bought the non-super cards, which also incidentally were a ripoff value wise, and then released the super cards (which were what they should have originally released, as everybody was rightfully bitching about the pricing coming from the GTX 1000 series... which were reasonably priced).
Yup Turing was just bad value but at least the Super series brought back some. But the gen on gen raster performance uplift was awful back then, from Pascal to Turing. And the only real selling point was RTX and RT. Which was just not worth it at the time; image quality wise (DLSS 1.0) and performance.

I paid around 600 quid for my 4070Ti and I wouldn't say I'm estatic about the pricing or VRAM, but was and still is one of the better value high(er) end GPU's out there on the market.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

So... they have to drop 4080 prices right?...

right?

How do you fit a 4080 super between 4080's $1200 MSRP and 4090's $1600 MSRP without just pushing a buy into either direction but certainly not a super?

Simple, make it better than the RTX 4080 and inferior to the RTX 4090. There's a big enough gulf in price AND performance, it's not like it isn't doable.

Same is applicable to all their other cards, where they're trying to slot in one of these super cards.

Last edited:
4070 Ti Super is a dumb name for a card but if it really is a 16 GB card performing pretty close to a 4080 it would be really nice for 1440p. Build a 7800X3D system after black friday deals but it is now paired with a GTX1070 which is a bit sad.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
I was hoping they'd do a 4060 Super that fixes the awful pricing of the 4060's. A 12gb 4060 Super for $350 would be ideal but even at $400 it'd be better than the 8gb 4060 Ti.
Hoping from a company that is called Nvidia? Now that they have monopoly in the AI space, expect the bare minimal.

rnlval

4070 Ti Super is a dumb name for a card but if it really is a 16 GB card performing pretty close to a 4080 it would be really nice for 1440p. Build a 7800X3D system after black friday deals but it is now paired with a GTX1070 which is a bit sad.
About 15% less than 4080's CUDA cores. RTX 4070 Ti uses the slower GDDR6X-21000 modules while RTX 4080 has GDDR6X-22400 modules.

It's unknown if the RTX 4070 Ti Super is configured with 256-bit GDDR6X-21000 or faster GDDR6X-22400 modules.

dave_d

So we going to get another round of tech-tubers telling us how badly these video cards are doing and that Nvidia blew it but then find out from the steam survey that they're actually selling reasonably well? (BTW major correction in numbers on the November survey but the 40 series is still doing ok. The part of me that wants to buy a new card is mad and the part off me that has nvidia stock is glad.)

sendit

I wonder how big the 4080 super will be.. I am starting a 2024 build but I want to use a small micro atx case if possible.
I have a 4090 in a Mini ITX case. What makes you doubt a 4080 Super will fit in a Micro ATX case?

Last edited:

magnumpy

this would perhaps have made a bit of sense as a xmas season upgrade...
but for January? this seems like a big bottle of nothing :(

ho hum, bring on the 5000 series I guess

Top Bottom