• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA Ends GeForce RTX 4080 & 4070 Ti GPU Production As “SUPER” Launch Imminent

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Cool. It's gonna be $1,200 isn't it
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
These should cost the same msrp as the card they replace.

AMD has been applying pressure and nvidia is not going to have none of that!

Celcius

°Temp. member
Having no 20gb card is a big missed opportunity imho. Either a 4080 Ti or a 4080 Super 20gb.
I'm on a 3090 and refuse to go back below 20gb vram. The 4090s are sold out but I'd consider a 20gb 4080 class card.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
4080 Super seems like a really, really minor upgrade - like 5% - so they need to go in hot with the pricing.

The 4070 and TI Super seem like nice upgrades.

Psychostar

Still on a 3080, but waiting for the 50 series, IF the prices are right,
I’m on a 3080 too but I genuinely can’t understand why I would need anything stronger than this. 16gb vram is heavenly and I haven’t run into any situation where I felt I was unhappy yet. Maybe a little bit stung by cyberpunk but that’s one exception. What game has you hankering for an upgrade ?

Pakoe

I’m on a 3080 too but I genuinely can’t understand why I would need anything stronger than this. 16gb vram is heavenly and I haven’t run into any situation where I felt I was unhappy yet. Maybe a little bit stung by cyberpunk but that’s one exception. What game has you hankering for an upgrade ?
I'm on ultrawide so newer game don't hit 144fps that easily anymore.

Griffon

Don't care. It'll just be too expensive to be relevant.

When I upgrade my computer, I just get whatever GPU is sub-400$. And we know that devs wont target anything over that price point either.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

that article is not exactly convincing

Yeah it's all guessing game at this point. However if you look at release schedule for all cards going back 980 has been 2 years with majority landing september=november gtx980 being only one to release in June.

My gut does tell we will see them 2025 giving how many sources have said 2025 though but deffo don't think 100 % yet though.
It's from Moore's Law Is Dead so it's most likely just bullshit.

Cheers for heads did not know that.

Last edited:

Danknugz

not necessarily games, some people use cards for ai training which requires basically as much vram as possible

Jayjayhd34

Couldn't of imagine playing alan wake on my 3080 I mean I couldn't even bump up all settings on my rtx4080.im dying for card that can do path tracing with good fps

And when did the rtx3080 get 16gb model or have made mistake ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom