• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVidia increases prices for Geforce Now

winjer

Gold Member

As per the announcement, GeForce Now is set to undergo a pricing adjustment, with an increase of 1 to 2 euros per month depending on the subscription tier. In Europe, the current price stands at 10 euros, but it will soon rise to 11 euros. Meanwhile, for the Ultimate service, the cost will be raised from 20 euros to 22 euros.

To recap, the Priority service provides users with a 1080p resolution and 60 FPS, whereas the Ultimate tier enhances the resolution to 4K and increases the frame rate to 120 FPS. Additionally, the higher-tier subscription extends the maximum session duration from 6 to 8 hours.

It’s important to note that GeForce NOW also offers a free option, which grants a 1-hour session duration and provides access to a ‘basic gaming rig’ with lower priority for streaming services. This serves as an excellent opportunity to test the service’s performance.

As previously assured, NVIDIA is honoring its commitment to the Founders Priority program, offering members the Founders For Life promotion, which maintains a 50% discount as long as their membership remains active.

ctpoahe.png

SenkiDala

Was hesitating to take 1 month to try this out but thought it is too expensive for what it offers. Now I know I won't try it.

whyman

Me and my wife both signed up for this last month. Now we will have to cancel as it will be out of budget. Everything is already crazy expensive where I live and after PlayStation raised I cancelled that. I guess just buying an AMD pc to last a few years is the way to go.

GFN is great, started using it a couple months ago. How much their service is worth to me personally depends entirely on a very simple equation. The alternative is to build a gaming PC which has a GPU in it which costs a certain amount of money. If I divide the price by the monthly fee GFN is asking, I know how long I can use streaming in order to break even. That's ignoring electricity bills, the time spent curating/maintaining the machine, dealing with Windows etc. And then after this time window, my GPU is old and needs replacing, while on GFN I always get the latest from Nvidia at no extra cost.
The only thing I don't like is that GFN doesn't work with cloud saves on Steam between local and GFN. I can't continue my GFN BG3 save on a local machine.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah at £200 a year that's the price of your own mid pc thats actually yours and can be upgraded.

Wait its only games you own? For £200 ? get the fuck outta here.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m tempted to try a month of ultimate to try to see on wired 1000mb/s internet if it looks better than native on my 3080.

With compression I can’t imagine something like phantom liberty would look better.

Tempted because I want to play Alan wake 2 with all the bells and whistles.

Arsic

Yeah at £200 a year that's the price of your own mid pc thats actually yours and can be upgraded.

Wait its only games you own? For £200 ? get the fuck outta here.
In what alternate reality are you getting a mid pc with that budget. Seriously list the specs you get with that. Wtf are you even talking about.

T-Cake

Is it true that the client software is built into LG's webOS platform? I'm getting a new TV soon but my PC is limited to HDMI 2.0b (4k60) which means I wouldn't be able to get 4k120 unless GeForce Now is an app on the television itself.

Arsic

I believe he clearly said 200 quid a year. Not lifetime.
That doesn’t make sense either way.

For 200 quid you can’t even get a GPU. Saving up it would take you many years at 200 a pop.

With this subscription you would ideally use it for specific titles, but not all games. If you did use it all year round for 200 quid you’re playing on a 4080 rig at 4k 60, so the rig and a 4k monitor/TV cost would still be far more.

This format allows people to get into affording playing certain titles, and is a good value in its current state but to each his own.

Topher

Gold Member
That doesn’t make sense either way.

For 200 quid you can’t even get a GPU. Saving up it would take you many years at 200 a pop.

With this subscription you would ideally use it for specific titles, but not all games. If you did use it all year round for 200 quid you’re playing on a 4080 rig at 4k 60, so the rig and a 4k monitor/TV cost would still be far more.

This format allows people to get into affording playing certain titles, and is a good value in its current state but to each his own.

Well he did say a mid gaming PC. So about five years of GFN would be the equivalent of that. At the end of five years with that PC you have something you and expand on and upgrade. Not the case with GFN. It's basically own vs rent arguments.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Well he did say a mid gaming PC. So about five years of GFN would be the equivalent of that. At the end of five years with that PC you have something you and expand on and upgrade. Not the case with GFN. Its basically own vs rent arguments.
We have a winner.

Hudo

"price increase" is written in the Nvidia business manifesto.

...which is probably engraved inside the leather jacket of Jensen.

Top Bottom