• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYCC 2017 |OT| Now with more MSG

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If anyone is interested in off-off-site events, WB has a pop-up in Soho involving all their cartoon properties that aren't DC related:

The Get Animated Invasion is the crash site of your favorite childhood cartoons right in the middle of SoHo. Enter a world that houses the famed Warner Bros. classic animations—from Bugs Bunny to Fred Flintstone—all under one roof. Weave in and out of eight unforgettable cartoon realms, including a Scooby-Doo Spooky Woods, a Flintstone’s Ice Cream Bar, and a Marvin The Martian Planet that’s out of this world.

You can RSVP here: https://www.getanimatedinvasion.com/

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
HBO is bringing the Westworld experience from SDCC to NYCC: http://www.hbo.com/westworld/about/article/westworld-new-york-comic-con-2017

What is this, exactly? It's hard to tell from looking at it, but is it like a "real life" West World experience? Is it supposed to make it seem like you're in the show?

I may sign up for this. It sounds cool if that's what it is. Is it worth it for those who have been when it was at SDCC?

And sign-ups have to be on site -- so there's no way to sign up before? I am going to NYCC for Thurs-Sun, so hopefully I can experience it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What is this, exactly? It's hard to tell from looking at it, but is it like a "real life" West World experience? Is it supposed to make it seem like you're in the show?

I may sign up for this. It sounds cool if that's what it is. Is it worth it for those who have been when it was at SDCC?

And sign-ups have to be on site -- so there's no way to sign up before? I am going to NYCC for Thurs-Sun, so hopefully I can experience it.

From what I've gathered, it's an improv performance of sorts. About 30 minutes where you and a group are treated like guests on the show - brought into a room where you're shown props / asked questions to decide what Westworld storyline would best be for you. Everyone there stays in character, acting like the hosts. Seems pretty cool and a unique experience for fans of the show. Wondering how they'll set it up at NYCC since it looks like they had a whole hotel / popup shop space in San Diego.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
From what I've gathered, it's an improv performance of sorts. About 30 minutes where you and a group are treated like guests on the show - brought into a room where you're shown props / asked questions to decide what Westworld storyline would best be for you. Everyone there stays in character, acting like the hosts. Seems pretty cool and a unique experience for fans of the show. Wondering how they'll set it up at NYCC since it looks like they had a whole hotel / popup shop space in San Diego.

That sounds really cool! Hopefully it won't be hard to sign up and get in. I would love to try it out, but I don't want to be spending hours waiting in line for a chance to get in lol

Bronx-Man

Banned
Apparently, The Weeknd is showing up at the Marvel panel on Oct. 7.

Like, Starboy/Beauty Behind The Madness/“I can’t feel my face when i’m with you” Weeknd.

I'm excited! Haven't gone to NYCC in several years so I'm pumped. My boyfriend and I were both didn't win the Funko booth lottery so we are a little bummed but that's how it goes. We are going on Thursday and I'm going to track down the Rickmobile

Hero

So is anybody going to any of those after parties? Or have gone to them in the past and would recommend them?

fallengorn

Another after party:
Kotaku + io9 Cosplay Ball: https://fmg-events-62y3.squarespace.com/

Also, the Lego Brickheadz exclusive is actually a pretty neat set, all things considered:
WX6r5w7.jpg

toneroni

Anyone still looking for tickets? Might have a few Friday and Sun tix avail. Forgot to sign up for the lotteries ugh..

mas8705

Not counting E3; this will be my first big Convention that I'll be going to that isn't local to my area. Definitely hope to see some nice things later this week (and hopefully I can get a good amount of things done for at least Thursday since the rest of the days sold out).

fallengorn

I forgot I got tickets for that Adult Swim event tomorrow. I'm feeling old man'ish and don't want to go. Anyone want the pair for $8? I paid $10 and it looks like it's sold out now.

Haha, I feel the same way. I was just going eat the $10.

NYCC sent out an email about this but I guess I'll put it on here to. (For whatever reason, it's not on their site.) Here's how we're suppose to line up in the mornings now:

zAnv8MI.png

s8etn8Y.png

3S4hRjA.png

Messi

Can someone explain to me where artists alley is now. I'm so confused as to how to get to it and I need to get to someone quickly on Thursday lol.

MG310

Can someone explain to me where artists alley is now. I'm so confused as to how to get to it and I need to get to someone quickly on Thursday lol.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/RNA/...rea-Overview-Website.pdf?v=636415347614057144

It's where the VR stuff was last year - all the way to the left side of the building. The escalators down from where the DC not-really-a-booth and Wonder Woman costumes were displayed last year.

Hopefully we don't have to go to the queue hall and can just go right there. Maybe go towards the queue hall and then cut across the food courts?

Messi

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/RNA/...rea-Overview-Website.pdf?v=636415347614057144

It's where the VR stuff was last year - all the way to the left side of the building. The escalators down from where the DC not-really-a-booth and Wonder Woman costumes were displayed last year.

Hopefully we don't have to go to the queue hall and can just go right there. Maybe go towards the queue hall and then cut across the food courts?

If you are outside by the food trucks where do you go from there? It's not the left side of the show floor right? I don't think I even seen the wonder woman costumes last year.

I've never ended up in the queue hall lol

MG310

Looks like the escalator you want is to the left side of the entrances near the food trucks.

Running at Sejic?

There's a few sketches I'm hoping to get that I don't think will be a big rush.

Messi

Looks like the escalator you want is to the left side of the entrances near the food trucks.

Running at Sejic?

There's a few sketches I'm hoping to get that I don't think will be a big rush.

Yes :(. He's why I go yearly.

Hero

NYCC sent out an email about this but I guess I'll put it on here to. (For whatever reason, it's not on their site.) Here's how we're suppose to line up in the mornings now:

zAnv8MI.png

s8etn8Y.png

3S4hRjA.png

Wait, I'm confused, what's the blue entrance for?

I'm going on Saturday. Three Questions:

1) I got a notification from the app saying I could register my passes early to reduce my wait time, but I could not find that functionality in the app anywhere. How can I go about doing this?

2) How early should I get there on Staturday?

3) Any advice on timing and loction in order to meet Troy Baker and Nolan North?

Thanks

Shanlei91

Ended up selling it to someone on Reddit - hate the idea of throwing money away. I just wanted to see the dumb Rick Mobile - for some reason it's in Hoboken during the con.

Another party, for wrestling fans:
WWE x IGN eSports Showdown
Beginning at 7pm EST, gaming and wrestling fans alike will gather at The Garage, located just blocks from New York Comic-Con, to witness WWE Superstars virtually battle against one another in one of today's biggest fighting games!

The Showdown's General Manager is no other than New Day's Xavier Woods, host of WWE's Up Up Down Down podcast and one-third of the reigning WWE Tag Team Champions. Along side Woods will be IGN's very own Max Scoville, former IGN'er Greg Miller and ”Golden Boy" Alex Mendez.

WWE Superstars set to attend are A.J. Styles, Sasha Banks, Cesaro, New Day's Kofi Kingston, as well as a surprise or two!

Doors open at 6pm EST, so please arrive early and remember that a free ticket through Eventbrite is required for entrance. New York Comic-Con badges however are not.

fallengorn

Hoboken?? That's really weird.

And looks like that party is rsvp'd out.

I'm going on Saturday. Three Questions:

1) I got a notification from the app saying I could register my passes early to reduce my wait time, but I could not find that functionality in the app anywhere. How can I go about doing this?

2) How early should I get there on Staturday?

3) Any advice on timing and loction in order to meet Troy Baker and Nolan North?

Thanks
1) I don't think you can activate your passes through the app. Here's the link through the site: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Tickets/Badge-Activation/

2) That's pretty subjective. It depends on what's the first thing you're trying to do. If you just want to get on the floor early... you'll need to get up pretty damn early. (I'm actually the worst person to ask since I haven't used the general entrance in years.)

3) This just feels like your asking for stalking advice.
If you want to go to their panels, I'd say line up an hour-ish in advance. If you're talking about Autograph stuff, Jhoan can fill you in on that. He's manager this year, you guys!

Edit: Just saw this. Brooklyn Brewery Defender pub crawl: http://brooklynbrewery.com/events/2017/10/6/defender-takes-midtown-a-hero-s-pub-crawl-nyc

Shanlei91

Hoboken?? That's really weird.

And looks like that party is rsvp'd out.

Dang, that went fast. I guess free stuff + wrestlers hosting was an easy sell for people.

Yeah, it'll be at the worst places on earth during the con. Guess they wanted to sell tickets to the event tonight.

6UZSBhJ.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
my first time going, after living here for like a million years

going Sunday

Apparently, The Weeknd is showing up at the Marvel panel on Oct. 7.

Like, Starboy/Beauty Behind The Madness/”I can't feel my face when i'm with you" Weeknd.

tumblr_okh3rhDGiR1twcx0jo1_500.jpg

Anyone win the Lego raffle and want to trade their ticket for funkos?
I've got the haunted mansion funkos from 2016 that i'd trade for one.

MG310

Yes :(. He's why I go yearly.

Hopefully it'll be easy to get down there.

Still trying to decide what to bring from the blank cover pile. Right now I have a few each of Harley,Detective Comics,Avengers, and X-Men then some singles of Power-Man/Iron Fist, Captain Marvel,Justice League and a few others.

Also I saw my Ferreyra commission and it's amazing :D

Paolo Rivera turned this giant 19x25 commission that he's been working on for about 4 years into a print so might have to pick one up. Grey Matter Art booth 3064

ev0

Based on how the NYPD and NYCC staff previously has tried to direct lines and traffic into Javitz out of the train I wonder if it will be like other years where I arrived 20 mins before open and walked right into the queue hall while they had other people (who got there way early) wrapped around Javitz and didnt get in for over an hour...

2015 I think it was, I was waiting with a group of people to walk to the queue hall, and there were a bunch of other people nearish to us. We talked to them and found out they got put into a line that wrapped around the whole Javitz and they were at the end. They simply left that line and joined us and walked right in.

cbrun44

My wife is going to be there a few days for work. Anything I should let her know to be on the lookout for ... for me? :)

A Tom King autograph is up there. I'd like a Ta-Nehisi Coates autograph but doesn't appear he will be there.

I'm not sure how ComicCons work. Any good swag at these?

fallengorn

Paolo Rivera turned this giant 19x25 commission that he's been working on for about 4 years into a print so might have to pick one up. Gateway Art booth 3064
Grey Matter Art. And I think Paolo is signing at the booth Thursday and maybe Sunday.

Jhoan

My wife is going to be there a few days for work. Anything I should let her know to be on the lookout for ... for me? :)

A Tom King autograph is up there. I'd like a Ta-Nehisi Coates autograph but doesn't appear he will be there.

I'm not sure how ComicCons work. Any good swag at these?

Ta-Nehisi Coates is going to be speaking at Hudson Mercantile. I forgot what date but that's where he will be. Swag is all right as booths give away free books that are signed and what have you. Some swag you have to do really dumb stuff to get. I would advise getting to the show floor before it opens because a lot of the good stuff will be gone by noon-ish after Friday.

Hopefully it'll be easy to get down there.

Still trying to decide what to bring from the blank cover pile. Right now I have a few each of Harley,Detective Comics,Avengers, and X-Men then some singles of Power-Man/Iron Fist, Captain Marvel,Justice League and a few others.

Also I saw my Ferreyra commission and it's amazing :D

Paolo Rivera turned this giant 19x25 commission that he's been working on for about 4 years into a print so might have to pick one up. Gateway Art booth 3064
How much do his prints usually go for? Im looking for some new stuff to get while at Artist Alley.

fallengorn

How much do his prints usually go for? Im looking for some new stuff to get while at Artist Alley.

Well, that one is going through Grey Matter, which does pop culture prints. A giclee that size will be around $50-60 maybe. He should have smaller prints at his table that are more affordable.

MG310

Looks like Grey Matter Art's stuff is usually between 40-50 dollars but not sure about that specific print.

Think the 11x17/13x19 prints he has in Artist Alley were 30-40? It's been a while since I bought one from him. Over the years I've gotten prints of several of the Daredevil covers and this Spidey/Sandman one.

Messi

MG310 do you have any idea where Kwan Chang Art is going to be? He's am art rep but I can't find any info and I need to find him at the con.

cbrun44

Ta-Nehisi Coates is going to be speaking at Hudson Mercantile. I forgot what date but that's where he will be. Swag is all right as booths give away free books that are signed and what have you. Some swag you have to do really dumb stuff to get. I would advise getting to the show floor before it opens because a lot of the good stuff will be gone by noon-ish after Friday.

Much thanks! Great info.

Jhoan

Fuck, is this like Lego meets Funko pop?
Pretty much but a competitor of Funko Pop. It blew my mind when I saw it in a toy store window 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it's going to catch on as Funko Pops have.
MG310 do you have any idea where Kwan Chang Art is going to be? He's am art rep but I can't find any info and I need to find him at the con.
My suggestion would be to tweet at NYCC or ask them on Facebook. Otherwise, ask a Staff member on site when you go pick up your badge. If his name isn't on the app then that's because it hasn't been updated, could be on the show floor, or maybe canned his appearance/super last minute addition.
Much thanks! Great info.
My pleasure! :)

Well, that one is going through Grey Matter, which does pop culture prints. A giclee that size will be around $50-60 maybe. He should have smaller prints at his table that are more affordable.

Looks like Grey Matter Art's stuff is usually between 40-50 dollars but not sure about that specific print.

Think the 11x17/13x19 prints he has in Artist Alley were 30-40? It's been a while since I bought one from him. Over the years I've gotten prints of several of the Daredevil covers and this Spidey/Sandman one.

Thanks for the info guys!

Top Bottom