• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Fergie

Banned
This guy...
ob.png

Nether!

The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president's improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation. An F.B.I. agent's contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Alone in the Oval Office, Mr. Trump began the discussion by condemning leaks to the news media, saying that Mr. Comey should consider putting reporters in prison for publishing classified information, according to one of Mr. Comey's associates.

Mr. Comey and his aides perceived Mr. Trump's comments as an effort to influence the investigation, but they decided that they would try to keep the conversation secret — even from the F.B.I. agents working on the Russia investigation — so the details of the conversation would not affect the investigation.

I can't keep up with all of this. Doesn't seem to stop.

Hopfrog

Not that it really needs to be said, but he couldn't be any more clearly obstructing justice unless there is video of him actually burning records.

I can't believe Comey, of all people, is gonna be the one to bring down Trump. This isn't a high-stakes 70s political thriller, it's a Shymalan movie.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Can we slow down a bit? I can't handle all this huge news day after day.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I hope you can let this go," the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

LOLOLOL

Holy smokes.

Yates warned the White House that Flynn lied and was compromised, and Trump immediately tried going to the FBI and shutting everything down.

That's a pretty clear case of obstruction.

Mortemis

Banned
Of fucking course he did.

I wonder if the gaffers notorious for stating how everything Trump does is legal are gonna show themselves in this thread.

Damaniel

Banned
"But her emails! Lock up the traitorous leakers! FAKE NEWS!"

I think we've already established that Republicans are unwilling to do anything about this. What's one more bombshell?

Top Bottom