• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ocarina of Time 25th anniversary

Great 3D Zelda but the water temple is sh*t, even on 3DS. I stopped playing the game on the 3DS after that temple. But it's a really great Zelda and great game... best game of time, not for me but the 3DS version is a top 5 for sure (and a reason why I will never sell my 3DS).

EU N64 covers were the worst... and not just for Zelda. Nintendo was smoking weed!

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Ordered mine on U. S import from Raven games(?).
I actually, bizarrely remember being slightly underwhelmed at first, but this faded quickly.
The brilliance probably overwhelmed my feeble brain and couldn't cope at first or something.
A link to the past is still superior imo but theres no denying the impact it had.
Spellbinding magnificence.

BootsLoader

Banned
Seriously, the best game ever created.
After Mario 64 this was such a blast. My little young brain was blown away by everything in this game. It provided so much for the time it released. The targeting system is much better even than today games.

I will never forget the day I first played it, it was Christmas 1998, my best friend came from his town to my village where his grandma lived and called me. I went to his house, everything was so cheerful, there were sweets that his grandma made in every table in the house, his parents were also there. Such a great atmosphere, and then…..I saw him playing this game, he just started and was running around the Kokiri forest.

We played until late night. Will never forget that day.

SiahWester

Great 3D Zelda but the water temple is sh*t, even on 3DS. I stopped playing the game on the 3DS after that temple. But it's a really great Zelda and great game... best game of time, not for me but the 3DS version is a top 5 for sure (and a reason why I will never sell my 3DS).

EU N64 covers were the worst... and not just for Zelda. Nintendo was smoking weed!

You've gotta try the 3DS games on Citra with 4K texture mods. It is beyond amazing. I'm emulating OOT and MM on the Steam Deck and they feel like completely new games.

BootsLoader

Banned

To be honest, I love Water Temple and its challenges. Every time I visit water temple, it feels like the first time. Such a genius design. I hope, one day they will make a proper Remake of this game with the same style and design.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
The experience was magical at the time. Truly felt like the greatest game ever.

Tied with Chrono Trigger. And both revolved around time travel, isn't that funny..

Last edited:

WorldHero

I remember my Dad getting me this when I was 12. He worked all day but still managed to grab it for me. I was so hyped!

The water temple marked the first time I discovered Gamefaqs because I was completely lost.

This and FF7 were the first games to hit me emotionally. Truly my GOATs.

The greatest game ever made. I remember reading N64 Magazine before OOT cam out and reading Howard Lincoln was calling it "The Gone with the Wind of Gaming". I have to agree. Best game I ever played that I have so much memories of.

Yoshi97

I replayed it on nso and figured I'd finally drop it out of goat for me (I mostly played the 3ds version so I thought playing the n64 version would finally make me realize its "outdated"), but no, if anything I somehow love it even more now and I don't know if it will ever be topped for me now. Botw and re4 have come close but I still think oot is the best game of all time.

E-Cat

The best and beautiful of ocarina of time = Malon 💖

The first time this tune is heard in the game is when Malon hands over the Pocket Cucco to Link outside Hyrule Castle. However, the first time I played the game, I didn't realize it was Malon singing. I just thought it was some romantic background humming for this enchanted night between Link and Malon, lol.

For me personally the 25th anniversary is right now as we got the game on December 11th in Germany.

And after a few sessions in the last weeks I've just (a few minutes ago) beaten the native PC port for the first time:

46759474bz.png

Free camera, 60fps, HD textures and numerous QoL-features make this the perfect version of this game in my opinion.
Can fully recommend Ship of Harkinian.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Can you believe they released the remaster for only 3DS? I will never understand Nintendo logic. Because there is none.

Yes, because it was their most popular system at the time. Unless you think the Soccer Mom’s were going to buy it for their Wii.

Top Bottom