• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!

Last edited:

Romulus

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Did you at least get the lightsaber?
Well, you have the lightsaber in the demo, which I played through first. Then I installed & started on the real campaign, and realized I have too many other things to finish (the HL2 episodes, also from this VR porting team). I'll probably come back to it eventually.

Romulus

Well, you have the lightsaber in the demo, which I played through first. Then I installed & started on the real campaign, and realized I have too many other things to finish (the HL2 episodes, also from this VR porting team). I'll probably come back to it eventually.

Probably the most badass I've felt in any game ever tbh. Took me a couple hours to really nail down the mechanics but holy shit.

Alexios

Some stuff before the Meta Connect thing. I don't think I'll be watching that live so, post away. Half an hour to go. The easiest way is via IGN's youtube I guess. I imagine there'll be a lot of Asgard's Wrath 2 and tons of Mixed Reality games/updates/modes to show that aspect off.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nobody wants a headset strapped to their face to do stuff in the physical world. Augmented reality is such a massive cul de sac. VR games. That’s why people buy these things.

KXVXII9X

Nobody wants a headset strapped to their face to do stuff in the physical world. Augmented reality is such a massive cul de sac. VR games. That’s why people buy these things.
They are doing both. I'm more of a VR guy, but with the Quest 2, it would have been nice for full color passthrough and the ability for more AR features to make it a complete experience. I enjoyed watching YouTube on it but wanted to watch it on a big screen in my room. Now I can without taking space.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism

go to 0:26 on that and the result is not very appealing... your physical arms are always clipped behind the scene apparently, even when clearly in front of it. I'm wondering how much of this is a software limitation and how much is a lack of good enough depth cameras to keep your arm in the scene as foreground.

Alexios

Last edited:

Zug

Besides Half Life there is any other great game in vr?
Skyrim VR with (a shitton of) mods is really great.
If you like Skyrim and modding, of course. Fallout4VR can also be good but it takes more work.
VR is the ultimate experience for sim games (Flight Sim, DCS, racing...)

All in all it's pretty disapointing, 99% of VR content is short arcadey games, no one has bothered with VR updates for AAA games for the past 2-3 years (Cyberpunk VR, where ?).

Last edited:

hlm666

Besides Half Life there is any other great game in vr?
There's lots of cool stuff. Alexios Alexios posts in here are filled with good stuff, maybe look through a few pages see if anything floats your boat.

If your prepared to do some leg work and use mods you can get some really good experiences aswell.

This is being turned into a full standalone game (it was a half life alyx mod)

Then some of the mixed reality things for quest 3 could be pretty cool aswell.

edit: oh if you like rainbow 6 siege the VR game breach is pretty great.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I had a shot of Quest 3.

I’ve had quite a few VR headsets and currently own Quest 1 and 2. The visuals on Q3 are amazing and a big step up from Q2.

- extremely clear image. Massive sweet spot to the point it’s a non issue
- zero screen door. I couldn’t see any pixels
- the blacks are much improved. They don’t match the OLED of my Q1 but much better then Q2.

I’m very impressed

Alexios

Last edited:

hlm666

Anyone creating a new OT or new thread for quest 3? I'm surprise this thread is still ongoing.
Alot of the stuff will probably have quest 2 support for a while and this is just titled oculus quest and not a specific sku so should be fine to keep using it. Alexios Alexios does the heavy lifting in here though so I'll let him decide if he wants to start a new thread or not.

Alexios

Alot of the stuff will probably have quest 2 support for a while and this is just titled oculus quest and not a specific sku so should be fine to keep using it. Alexios Alexios does the heavy lifting in here though so I'll let him decide if he wants to start a new thread or not.
Whatever ppl want, I'll post wherever folks want and it'll still be Quest + PC VR (as Quest does that too and most PC VR users have a Quest device) and only leave PSVR2 out since that has its own thread & OT.

Though I'd rather have a general VR thread to post everything in since it all overlaps so much with few exclusives per platform, that's just me. Maybe make Quest OT3 intead of Quest 3 OT limiting to 1 device.

Last edited:

Resenge

I've heard this is really good. One particular unexpected bulletin point is supposedly the physics are really good. Feels really satisfying from what I'm hearing.
I bought this last night and it feels really good to play. You really have to swing the weapons with momentum to do damage and the bow feels great also. Only had a couple of hours but I am feeling it.

Parry system is supposed to be good, I had a little go but couldn't overide my overwhelming panic and desire to just hulk smash on the head when they come for me.

I have been itching all day to get back in and looking forward to getting a team of friends going at multiplayer.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I've heard this is really good. One particular unexpected bulletin point is supposedly the physics are really good. Feels really satisfying from what I'm hearing.
I've been playing it and it's rapidly turning into one of my favourite VR games. It's a great dungeon crawler.

Alexios

Meta Quest 3 embargo is over so make your way to your favorite influencer or whatever channel and chances are their review is up. Most (if not all of them) only had it for 3 days though, so "review".

Last edited:

Alexios

Loads of games will be putting out minor or not so minor updates (Vermillion's update looks GREAT, had to include the previous tweet which showed off the MR aspect) geared towards Quest 3 for some extra hype and sales, I may not post them all.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:
Top Bottom