• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I forgot to add this🤦‍♂️

Please leave the quote in full since it switched pages and just name drop the game you mean :p

Probably shenanigans, they're using AI art or whatever I believe, small scale non interactive medidative environments not much unlike your home area maybe, spiced up with audio, visuals and maybe some reaction to your movements, Idk how that sort of app is usually made or works, but we'll see.

Last edited:

hlm666

Please leave the quote in full since it switched pages
Fixed.

Probably shenanigans, they're using AI art or whatever I believe
Damn, still impressive it just probably wont be something to expect to see other games looking like that. Although if it's AI, god knows where that's gonna go cause I don't ;)

edit: forgot to watch that trailer, some parts look pretty good and others pretty average. Bit of a sucker for parkour stuff with combat so it's on my radar now.

Last edited:

Alexios

For parkour combat you probably wanna check out Stride & Stride Fates, Wanderer is a slower paced cinematic adventure, though it's been remastered with probably improved other aspects and so that it feels more seamless maybe (but you still travel between eras and scenes, that's a core point).

Last edited:

hlm666

For parkour combat you probably wanna check out Stride & Stride Fates, Wanderer is a slower paced cinematic adventure, though it's been remastered with probably improved other aspects and so that it feels more seamless maybe (but you still travel between eras and scenes, that's a core point).
Gonna get both lol first looks like mirrors edge and fates kinda looks like gunman contracts. Gotta wait till xmas tho, partner wanted to get me something for xmas and I threw a q3 out as a joke and i've been informed not to buy a quest 3. Will use the money i had for my own purchase to try find something I can use to maybe work out an early trade lol i'm such a big kid..............

Romulus

I've been playing lots of vorpx games the last 2 weeks. There's some setup fuckery and only about 40-50 titles feel like true VR, but many are AAA games you'd never get in VR anyway.

Fallout NV and Titanfall 2 are pretty great in VR. The shitty visuals in Fallout don't detract much from its atmosphere and gameplay.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Assassins Creed is coming out tomorrow. Have not seen any reviews.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
My referral links...

Headset:
Virtual Desktop:
Best Games:
After the Fall

Arizona Sunshine

Assassin's Creed Nexus

Beat Saber

Blade and Sorcery

Demeo

Drop Dead Dual Strike Edition

Eleven Table Tennis

GORN

Gun Club

Premium Bowling

Resident Evil 4

Swarm

Zombieland Headshot Fever

Asgard's Wrath(PC/Oculus Store/Rift)
Other Games:
2MD: VR Football Unleashed Allstar

Accounting+

Anshar 2 Hyperdrive

Death Lap
Fruit Ninja

Gadgeteer

Ghost Giant

Puzzle Bobble Vacation Odyssey

SculptrVR

Waltz of the Wizard

Zero Caliber Reloaded

Last edited:

Alexios

Weekends don't get news (edit: I spoke too soon, I've added some new news above, lol) so, random but awesome VR game you've possibly never heard of repost! Unification is a unique gravity bending parkour metroidvania you must play. Inventive, engaging, immersing are but a few of its traits.

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

Alexios

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Another way to get pcvr on quest devices. Not sure how it compares to virtual desktop yet.
Looks very promising

Jack Videogames

Gold Member

Another way to get pcvr on quest devices. Not sure how it compares to virtual desktop yet.
It's fantastically easy to use, but needs some work in the quality department. The foveated encoding is very noticeable on default settings, the default bitrate is insultingly low (80) and going to the maximum (350) makes the whole experience choppy. It's however my go-to now and will no doubt be improved greatly before long.

hlm666

It's fantastically easy to use, but needs some work in the quality department. The foveated encoding is very noticeable on default settings, the default bitrate is insultingly low (80) and going to the maximum (350) makes the whole experience choppy. It's however my go-to now and will no doubt be improved greatly before long.
If you dial out the foveated rendering radius and try for something around 200mbps how is it? Does it support av1 encoding?

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
If you dial out the foveated rendering radius and try for something around 200mbps how is it? Does it support av1 encoding?
You can dial the foveated rendering to a minimum but never disable it completely. However, at the minimum setting it's pretty unobtrusive. At 200mbps it looks better than default but somewhat choppy. It's noticeable for example when you look at your hands in Alyx.

There's no way to change the encoding and I'm not sure what kind of encoding it uses, but we all know Valve, the app will be receiving tons of updates pretty fast

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Update: seems the bitrate issues were my fault, because someone (might've been me) had a CAT5 cable going to the router. Changed it to a CAT5E and now it works much better

hlm666

Update: seems the bitrate issues were my fault, because someone (might've been me) had a CAT5 cable going to the router. Changed it to a CAT5E and now it works much better
Happens to us all, I had connected to my 2ghz wireless instead of 5ghz one time and wasted more time than I want to admit trying to work out why the bandwidth wasn't what it normally is.

Alexios

Easy way to see the new demo/game releases with VR support on Steam here (as not all have a trailer/tweet/whatever for it, yet at least) if the main page or Steam VR Fest hub aren't doing it for you.

Last edited:

Alexios

I won't be here or watching live but check later for the actually new stuff (not trailers for games we've seen more than enough of if they're only done to have something exclusive - if that - for the showcase or to promote upcoming ports, which are cool to get but we already know what to expect).

There was a TON of stuff, so I edited below with what a) wasn't part of it b) was an actual release of something just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, of course it's far from the biggest stuff shown (like DEFY and Astro Hunters!), so watch the thing/read the UVR article detailing all that was shown.

Last edited:

hlm666

Brick Tales looks fantastic for the kids and with the price of bloody real lego it could almost be cheaper to buy a quest and that game in the long run.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I'm looking forward to trying the Wallace and Gromit game, once we open our Quest 3. Looks great.

We'll keep our Quest 2 after Christmas, and I'll probably attach a second account to it for some multiplayer with my son. Although sadly that means re-buying games in most cases.

Last edited:

Romulus

Saw that Asgards Wrath 2 is confirmed 90fps native on Quest 3, no reprojection used at all. Quest 2 is 72fps with 30% resolution reduction.

Alexios

Asgard's Wrath 2 looks insane. The main game that is, don't care for all the tacked on stuff like the mixed reality modes. I hope it doesn't detract from the main experience and it's really just tacked on to promote the new MR capabilities but the main game is the meat of it. I wish I could play it soon.

Top Bottom