• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ODDWORLD: NEW 'N' TASTY |OT| Save 99 Mudokons as The Stitch-Lipped One. Follow me!

naib

Guess I'm gorging on platformers this month. Shovel, 1001, Abyss and now this.
Couldn't be happier.

Bought!

Karamsoul

Who or what is this? Looks a bit like Stranger, only buffer and more dangerous.

Anyway, looking forward to this. I appreciate Stewart that you can't yet comment on when they Vita version will be out, but that's when I'll be buying this. I hope it's not too long a wait!

That's Fangus. He was supposed to be the main character in Oddworld I's next game after Stranger's Wrath. I was so defeated when I heard the studio was not going to make anymore games after SW.

Tagyhag

Can't wait! I hope they do Exoddus down the line as well, that one was my favorite. I remembering it also having a locked expansion or something like that, it said "Coming soon!" hopefully they work on that as well.

I also remembering hearing that if you own the Oddbox you'd get these games for free but that might have been for something else or I may be wrong altogether.

Can't wait! I hope they do Exoddus down the line as well, that one was my favorite. I remembering it also having a locked expansion or something like that, it said "Coming soon!" hopefully they work on that as well.

I also remembering hearing that if you own the Oddbox you'd get these games for free but that might have been for something else or I may be wrong altogether.

i think that was for the 2 PS1 games and the HD versions of the 2 Xbox games

Tagyhag

i think that was for the 2 PS1 games and the HD versions of the 2 Xbox games

That's what it probably was thank you.

Also watching the stream, it looks soooooo good. I don't mind changing the shadows to smoke, but I didn't like how the Slig couldn't see him while he was chanting, I hope that's an easy/normal feature only.

Edit: Oh my God they kept all the secret areas, just awesome. Watching Glenn fail is hilarious.

Stuart444

btw on the OT title, I sort of wish it instead was "Hello. Hello. Buy me. Okay" or something similar.

Props on including "Follow me" though :)

lmbotiva

whats the res/frame rate for this game on ps4? i played the original briefly when i was a kid and im interested on going back to it

Killer

Banned
Man this game brings back so many memories from PS1. I really want to buy it but i think the price is kinda steep for a downloadable game. what you guys think?

Man this game brings back so many memories from PS1. I really want to buy it but i think the price is kinda steep for a downloadable game. what you guys think?

every game is downloadable. i think that distinction is a little silly at this stage of the game. i think it's a more than fair price for a fully featured console video game

oggob

Sadly we couldn't get pre-orders up and running in Europe. We did everything we could and ended up with the option to get the DLC for free if you're a Plus subscriber and you download it in the first two weeks - http://www.oddworld.com/2014/07/new-n-tastys-uk-european-quikbuy-details/

Do you happen to have the AU price on hand? I'd love US parity, as we are still close to that mark...

Seeing as we are bound to the land of PAL + based on trends with UK prices... I'm guessing that it will be around the AU$32.95 price? Which is slightly worse than then current AU/US exchange rate. So in all, it would be a fair price down here with no screw Australia Tax!

Day 1!!!

Do you happen to have the AU price on hand? I'd love US parity, as we are still close to that mark...

Seeing as we are bound to the land of PAL + based on trends with UK prices... I'm guessing that it will be around the AU$32.95 price? Which is slightly worse than then current AU/US exchange rate. So in all, it would be a fair price down here with no screw Australia Tax!

Day 1!!!

As far as I know AU prices are based off of the "Wholesale Price" we set for the SCEE region, which you guys come under. So it should be a straight exchange rate from the UK price, which itself we set for parity with the SCEA price, so ... Id like to think so :)

One month before I turn 30, I get to play Oddysee again, PS1 then and PS4 now.
Thanks Just Add Water, thank you all for bringing back so many memories.

This is releasing at a bad time. Between Destiny Beta and the last of us remastered I think this game will get passed over....tis a shame.

Duster

I have a personal limit of £15 on digital downloads that I can't remember ever breaking, in fact I rarely buy anything close to that price.

However I think I will make an exception just this once (although it's only a couple of quid difference), they have good reason for wanting to go the distribution route, it's a lot larger in scope than most digital only games and they have built it from the ground up, this interview explains the process of getting it made.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/08/oddwo...interview-weve-become-triple-a-indie-4790351/

Assuming they haven't ballsed it up (and it doesn't look/sound like they have) it's worth what they're charging, hell I'd happily pay a lot more for a retail disc if things were different.

Stuart444

nabbed

This is releasing at a bad time. Between Destiny Beta and the last of us remastered I think this game will get passed over....tis a shame.

Which would be a shame indeed, Late June/July/August are usually good times to release games away from major releases that usually happen before Summer/after Summer.

Unfortunate but I'm hoping this does well, it deserves to though the OT isn't getting much action just now, hopefully it does once the game is released and it gets great word of mouth which again, the game deserves

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks for the love, as you can imagine we're all incredibly nervous this weekend, the baby we've spent 30 months working on, from initial discussion to release is about to be set out into the world in a few days.

It's been an incredibly difficult, yet rewarding, and also a MASSIVE learning experience for us.

We started with just a 3 person discussion in late 2011, we then filled a LARGE whiteboard (a picture of which was posted online back then, but blurred) with ideas in early 2012. During the next 30 months we expanded up to a Dev team of 14 people working on it.

During the past year Lorne Lanning spent around 3 months actually in the JAW studio here in the UK, helping us to dot the i's and cross the t's and to guide us in certain areas, is input and guidance was invaluable to us during those times.

We are incredibly proud of the game, and this past couple of weeks, especially for me, has been incredibly stressful, getting our baby out the door.

I'd also like to say how incredibly proud of the team I am, they are, in no particular order ...

Dev Team:
Brett Lewis, Matt Glanville, Martin Akehurst, Thomas Bramall, Laura Dawes, Stephen Dalzell, Colin Stewart, Maya Oruba, Ben Marshall, Johnny Gray, Phil Jones, Craig Spiers, Steven Caslin and Michael Taylor.

PR/Community & Support Team:
Alex Carroll and Wil Bunce-Edwards.

During the project we had 3 departures too, Liam Jones, Peter Memmott, and at the end. Michael left us too.

From me to all of those people above, thank you.

Cheers everyone.

Stewart

I really wasn't too happy about the price but seeing as how it's coming to Xbox One, Lorne Lanning and Team can be happy to know I'm buying. Being able to play it on my console of choice is is awesome. I'll miss the hype launch window but oh well.
Even gonna end up speed running and glitching finding in this game.
I love the Oddworld series.

Spineker

Banned
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks for the love, as you can imagine we're all incredibly nervous this weekend, the baby we've spent 30 months working on, from initial discussion to release is about to be set out into the world in a few days.

It's been an incredibly difficult, yet rewarding, and also a MASSIVE learning experience for us.

We started with just a 3 person discussion in late 2011, we then filled a LARGE whiteboard (a picture of which was posted online back then, but blurred) with ideas in early 2012. During the next 30 months we expanded up to a Dev team of 14 people working on it.

During the past year Lorne Lanning spent around 3 months actually in the JAW studio here in the UK, helping us to dot the i's and cross the t's and to guide us in certain areas, is input and guidance was invaluable to us during those times.

We are incredibly proud of the game, and this past couple of weeks, especially for me, has been incredibly stressful, getting our baby out the door.

I'd also like to say how incredibly proud of the team I am, they are, in no particular order ...

Dev Team:
Brett Lewis, Matt Glanville, Martin Akehurst, Thomas Bramall, Laura Dawes, Stephen Dalzell, Colin Stewart, Maya Oruba, Ben Marshall, Johnny Gray, Phil Jones, Craig Spiers, Steven Caslin and Michael Taylor.

During the project we had 3 departures too, Liam Jones, Peter Memmott, and at the end. Michael left us too.

Cheers everyone.

Stewart

Thank you sir. I hope you knock them dead.

Hey everyone,

Dev Team:

Cheers everyone.

Stewart

Thank you for all your hard work. I sincerely wish you great success with this revival of this awesome series.

Tizoc

This game is remake Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee or Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus ???

I love PS1's Oddworld very much.

Pre-order NOW.

If you bothered to read the thread title fully or even read the very first post, you'll know te answer to your question ;)

That's Fangus. He was supposed to be the main character in Oddworld I's next game after Stranger's Wrath. I was so defeated when I heard the studio was not going to make anymore games after SW.

Me too especially at how fantastic SW was. Anyways, got this preordered on PS4. Will pick it up on Steam later when it's discounted just to show support. I'm super excited to play this. I think I managed to comment in every thread that brought it up. I still want my Fangus game ya'll.

MetalSlug

I remember having this on the PC when I was a wee lad (Who sucked at the game and couldn't beat it)

I'll be getting this if it appears on Steam sometime down the road.

Bumhead

Banned
This and Crash Bandicoot were and continue to be "dream" re-release/remaster projects for me since the end of the PS1 days.

I hoped and wanted this project to happen for so many years. Feels weird that it's just days away now.

Top Bottom