• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Official] Detroit: Become Human has sold 9 million copies

Flutta

Banned
Who bought this garbage? Show yourselves..

Prepare Get Ready GIF by STARZ

Damn that's pretty crazy. I'm be honest, these types of games are usually abysmal and pointless, but Detroit was really damn good. I recommended it to write a few people that don't normally get into these, and everyone that actually tried it really got into it. It's a pretty awesome game.

I'm reading this was exclusive to the Epic Game Store.

After reading the recent leaks about sales.
I've decided that Playstation owners will just buy anything.

I played it on PS Plus, but I will buy it when it hits GOG. Phenomenal piece of entertainment. Quantic Dream's best attempt at bridging adventure games and cinematics. Loved Clancy Brown's role as a washed up alcoholic detective in this. Also love the parodies:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Who bought this garbage? Show yourselves..

Prepare Get Ready GIF by STARZ

Right here. I have all of the QD games. Love em. They're awesome palate cleansers in my opinion

Detroit REALLY made me want a new cop game series similar to Police Quest. Like a modern day or near future Police Quest. The Connor stuff was fucking awesome.

Detroit was one of those Platinums I got during the quarantine days. Nothing else to do, might as well catch up on some PLATS. Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Right on heels of TLOU2, never saw that coming

Flutta

Banned
Plenty of us. And it was good too.
Right here. I have all of the QD games. Love em. They're awesome palate cleansers in my opinion

Detroit REALLY made me want a new cop game series similar to Police Quest. Like a modern day or near future Police Quest. The Connor stuff was fucking awesome.

Detroit was one of those Platinums I got during the quarantine days. Nothing else to do, might as well catch up on some PLATS. Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Easy now guys no need to get triggered. All am trying to say is you could've watched it on YT for free.

dave chappelle GIF

TGO

TLOU2 is around 15 million sold. What are you smoking?
Did they officially announce that today? Did I miss that?
Causes people have been saying that since the beginning of 2022 and that what the whole back & forth with onQ123 was about which people still sugar coating it and the only numbers we do have is from the leak and it's at 9.6mill sold to customers and holding.
If you don't have an official statement from today then it's still at 9.6m

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Did they officially announce that today? Did I miss that?
Causes people have been saying that since the beginning of 2022 and that what the whole back & forth with onQ123 was about which people still sugar coating it and the only numbers we do have is from the leak and it's at 9.6mill sold to customers and holding.
If you don't have an official statement from today then it's still at 9.6m

What is your source on that ?

No direct source. Just that we know from the Insomniac leaks that a game like Spiderman: Miles Morales sold 4.2 million from Feb '22 to June '23. And both MM and TLOU2 were charting in 2022 and 2023. Both on the PS Store and on the regular NPD and Euro charts. At times TLOU2 was charting higher when the TV show was on HBO.

So there's no reason to assume it didn't do around 4 or so million also.

TGO

No direct source. Just that we know from the Insomniac leaks that a game like Spiderman: Miles Morales sold 4.2 million from Feb '22 to June '23. And both MM and TLOU2 were charting in 2022 and 2023. Both on the PS Store and on the regular NPD and Euro charts. At times TLOU2 was charting higher when the TV show was on HBO.

So there's no reason to assume it didn't do around 4 or so million also.
So we assuming again, isn't that what got folks in trouble the first time 😁
look I'm sure ND will release the real numbers now after the leak like the others have.... unless
But you have a safe assumption 👍

Last edited:

skit_data

I remember this being included in PS+ pretty close to release IIRC. I think it was something about a really underwhelming month and people got their pitchforks out and the response was to change the mothly lineup to include this as some sort of compensation.

SJRB

Gold Member
That is wild. Isn't that more than Ghost of Tsushima? How the fuck is this even possible, lol.

Man the numbers are fucking me up today.

Detroit stays winning. The game set a new standard for branching narrative adventure games and I hope QD goes back to that well one day, after whatever they're doing with Star Wars.

Top Bottom