• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Games Convention 2005 Thread

Kojima

Hi guys,

in about two weeks Europeans biggest videogame event, the Games Convention in Leipzig, opens its doors. The 17th of August will be exclusively for professional visitors and the media only. From the 18th to 21st the exhibition halls will be open for everybody.

Facts about Games Convention 2005:

- Kojima will be presenting first material of Metal Gear Solid 4
- Xbox 360 will be playable
- European & world premiere Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and Peter Jackson's KING KONG (presented by Michel Ancel)
- Tomb Raider Legend will be playable
- many more

Which members of the GAF will be in Leipzig? :)

I'll be in Leipzig. I'm so looking forward to this year's GC because for the first time I do not have to work there so I have all the time to play some games and meet some interesting people :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I won't be able to get there unfortunately.
Anyway, if any of you guys go there with a camcorder let me know, I can host your videos. Be it Xbox/Xbox 360 games, or any other system.

Me thinks Kojima will show the E3 trailer and talk a bit about MGS4. But definitely no world-exclusive PS3 footage...

Elios83

Kojima will talk about a few ideas that will be present in MGS4 and there were rumors about a teaser trailer being shown (which I don't believe until I see unless it's a bit modified PS2 footage as seen at the E3).
I'm also very interested in the Tomb Raider demo and PES for PSP.

ziran

i'm hoping this is going to be the real unveiling of the xbox 360 :D

and i hope to see ps3 footage of mgs4, but i'm not expecting it 100%.

As I mentioned before I don't think that usual showgoers can play all the Xbox 360 stuff from first and second parties.

Microsoft will have some presentations on the showfloor and will demo those games to the public.
Press should be able to play this stuff behind closed doors, hopefully new builds of the games. Depends on the time publishers have to do such new builds just a few months before launch.
I don't expect to see Perfect Dark Zero in full glory - maybe the multiplayer stuff. Single player is going to be the big bang at X05 in my opinion.

I think Nintendo will announce pricing and date for Game Boy Micro for Europe and hopefully show the Digitylish series. Apart from that we will the the E3 stuff at Nintendos booth, maybe a new build of Mario Strikers since soccer is huge in Germany (and the world cup is there next year).

Sony will focus on Eye Toy Play3, Eye Toy Kinetic, the next Singstar and so on. They have been successful with these games at GC'04 and GC'03.

ram

finally the first day is media only - last year i got never out of my bed to attend the non public hour before the con opens. so its better now to play all the games without all the kids and people. :)

quetz67

Banned
I am there as always, finally we germans have a fair that actually has some new stuff to show. Last years GCs werent bad, but they showed mostly old E3 stuff

Kojima

News:

Rumble Roses XX GC-Trailer (Xbox 360, Konami)
Freigegeben ab 12 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG

Burnout Legends (GC-Demo) (PSP, EA)
Freigegeben ab 6 Jahren gemäß § 14 JuSchG

There will be a trailer of Rumble Roses XX at GC 2005. (I think the one, that we all have already seen)
And EA made a demo of Burnout Legens for PSP for the GC 2005, so I think it will be playable.

sangreal

Why would they show that trailer again! Noone liked it the first time!

Someone has to get the 360 marketing under control

ejdonk

Will also be there, btw not far away from the fair grounds, there is a bowling alley with quite a few arcarde machines, at least it still was there last year. If you stay there overnight it may be worh a visit.

ziran

update.

Nintendo will have a press show on the 17th from 10.30-11.30 am, under the slogan:

'Expand the Definition of Gaming'.

revolution revealed???

probably not. i imagine it's going to be all about DS online.

Chittagong

Gold Member
ziran said:
update.

Nintendo will have a press show on the 17th 10.30 - 11.30 am, under the slogan:

revolution revealed???

probably not. i imagine it's going to be all about DS online.

I bet it's the same fucking Electroplankton and Nintendogs demos we've seen twice already in Nintendo confs.

"New Zelda!"

* nothing happens

"New Zelda!!"

* nothing happens *

"NEW ZELDA!!!!"

* nothing happens
* audience starts to feel awkward *
* puppy gets bored and does something random *

"Aaaawwwwwww!! Ain't that cute"

* polite applause *

Nintendo confirmed that it will all be about Nintendogs and Electroplankton. They will even have some DJs at their booth....

ziran

thegodsend said:
Nintendo confirmed that it will all be about Nintendogs and Electroplankton. They will even have some DJs at their booth....
i can't say i'm surprised...

:(

I'm only interesting in MGS4. I was all but sure that Kojima would wait until E3 2k6, but I could imagine Sony wanting one of its exclusive graphical powerhouses on display before the X360 launches. Sort of a "sure you can get this [PD0] now, or you can wait for this [MGS4]"

They debuted some stuff last year to the public for the first time.
Halo 2 was on the showfloor but only behind closed doors at E3 2004.

But I do absolutely not expect big announcements from Games Convention. We should see some new builds of known games, some E3 builds and some small new announcements. Maybe European-centric pricing and date announcements for 360 and GB Micro.

But nothing groundbreaking...

Superfrog

crunker99 said:
I just want to know when did the Games Convention become the place to debut new stuff. Was it like this last year?

Not really (Peter Molyneux and world premiere of TRON 2.0 don't count ;)), but the GC ist growing every year. It's by far Europe's largest game trade fair and the publishers recognize that Europe hides an enormous market potential.

auswertung2004_eng.jpg

2005 outlook:

70000 m² exhibition space (4 halls)
300 exhibitors
5000 professional visitors
2500 press visitors
120000 visitors

I'll be there on August 17 and I'm really curious about what's gonna be shown behind closed doors (thinking X360).

Kojima

DS LineUp (from press release):
Advance Wars DS
Nintendogs
Mario Kart DS

GC LineUp (from press release):
Mario Smash Football
Mario Dance Dance Revolution
Pokémon XD
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game Boy Micro
Pokémon Smaragd
Mario Tennis

revolution revealed???

Possible. This topic is the only one of all Games Convention press conferences which is in Englisch - all other are in German. It would be very cool if Nintendo releaves some new information about the Revolution at the GC 05! :)

BTW: In exactly two weeks the GC opening press conference begins =)

Solid

Games Convention: Termin der Sony Pressekonferenz

03.08.05 - Die Pressekonferenz von Sony CED auf der Game Convention findet am 17.08.05 um 16:00 Uhr statt.

i guess that means sony will speak at 1600 :D

Sony line-up

# Buzz [PS2]
# Eye Toy: Kinetic [PS2]
# PSP - PlayStation Portable Handheld
# Ridge Racer [PSP]
# Soul Calibur III [PS2]
# WipEout: Pure [PSP]

Capcom

# BeatDown: Fists of Vengeance [PS2]
# Final Fight: Streetwise [PS2]
# Okami [PS2]
# Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams [PS2]
# Resident Evil 4 [PS2]
# Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2 [PS2]
# The Nightmare before Christmas: Oogie Boogies Rache [PS2]
# Viewtiful Joe VFX Battle [PSP]
# Without Warning [PS2]

there might be more capcom titles, i took the list from a sony fansite.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wow, Nintendo's, Sony's and Capcom's lineups are lame. Microsoft better kick ass or otherwise I'm going for nothing :-(

ram

ok - another special gueat -> YUJI NAGA is at the SEGA press conference and will give some autograms at the next day.

games to show:

- sonic rush
- sonic gems collection
- shadow the hedgehog

PS:

ist only a outlook at sony program. they will show much more and they have the biggest booth!

Shiggy

Kojima said:
DS LineUp (from press release):
Advance Wars DS
Nintendogs
Mario Kart DS

Mario Smash Football
Mario Dance Dance Revolution
Pokémon XD
Zelda: Twilight Princess

Game Boy Micro
Pokémon Smaragd
Mario Tennis

That's not the whole line-up!
They'll show almost all titles from E3 2005.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I really couldnt ask for anything more. The next installments of my favourite series, Metal Gear Solid and Pro Evolution Soccer are going to be presented, not to forget even more info on Zelda: TP. Seeing Xbox360 playable is going to help me decide wether its worth getting or holding out for PS3 and hopefully Nintendo will have something to do with Revolution:)

Scandanavian fansite Hyrule.net believe they have it on good authority that something Revolution related, however minor, will be revealed. Mightydarknut or Dekunut over at IGN is involved with the site, he may have told one or two his source - such as Jtyrmi.

I wouldn't bet against it to be honest. The G|C is being pimped on Nintendo-Europe.com, Nintendo have gone on record as saying they believe Europe will be the biggest / most important market in the future, and they're not adverse to unveiling things from their German HQ -- ie. GBA SP

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

"Expanding the definition of videogame" sounds fitting enough. Isn't Iwata also speaking at TGS? Whens that?

Tony HoTT said:
So is this Nighttrain's August Revolution surprise show or not?
i never said anything about a show going down in august.

although i wouldn't be suprised if more info was unveiled this month. Reggie definitely hinted at something going down this month back at GDC (might have been E3).

Kojima

Yuji Naka from SEGA will be at the 17th of August at the Games Convention.
He wants to present Sonic Gems Collection, Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Rush and a Next-Gen Sonic game.

Sounds good :)

Kojima

Shadow of the Colossus (GC-Demo) (PS2, Sony)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (GC-Demo) (PS2, Activision)

True Crime: New York City (GC-Demo) (PS2, Activision)
keine Kennzeichnung gemäß § 14 JuSchG

Shadow of the Colossus will be playable at the GC :)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Kojima said:
Shadow of the Colossus (GC-Demo) (PS2, Sony)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (GC-Demo) (PS2, Activision)

True Crime: New York City (GC-Demo) (PS2, Activision)
keine Kennzeichnung gemäß § 14 JuSchG

Shadow of the Colossus will be playable at the GC :)

See that is why Nintendo wanted people to use GCN. ;)

Kojima

Weltpremiere auf Games Convention: Resident Evil 4 spielbar

05.08.05 - Capcom gibt bekannt, das auf der diesjährigen Games Convention (17.08.05 - 21.08.05) in Leipzig weltexklusiv Resident Evil 4 Click Picture spielbar sein wird. Besucher (ab 18 Jahren) finden das Spiel in der Halle 3, Standnummer C20.

Wartezeiten müssen einkalkuliert werden, da Resident Evil 4 Click Picture nur in einem abgesperrten Bereich gezeigt werden darf. Release: November 2005 (Europa)

Resident Evil 4 will be playable.
BTW: why isn't this thread sticky? :p

Shiggy

Kojima said:
Weltpremiere auf Games Convention: Resident Evil 4 spielbar

05.08.05 - Capcom gibt bekannt, das auf der diesjährigen Games Convention (17.08.05 - 21.08.05) in Leipzig weltexklusiv Resident Evil 4 Click Picture spielbar sein wird. Besucher (ab 18 Jahren) finden das Spiel in der Halle 3, Standnummer C20.

Wartezeiten müssen einkalkuliert werden, da Resident Evil 4 Click Picture nur in einem abgesperrten Bereich gezeigt werden darf. Release: November 2005 (Europa)

Resident Evil 4 will be playable.
BTW: why isn't this thread sticky? :p

Resident Evil 4 Click Picture? What's that?

Edit: Now I understand it :lol
It was a picture link from GameFront.

ziran

Sony's says the following games/developers will there:

- Soul Calibur III - Hiroaki Yotoriyama, Akiko Tange, Kunihiro Chiura
- Sly 3 - name not known
- Jak X - name not known
- Ratchet: Gladiator - Ryan Schneider
- 24: The Game & MediEvil PSP - Mark Green
- WRC 5 - Pete Smith & Matt Southern
- SpyToy - Ron Festejo
- WipEout Pure - Nino Ceralo
- World Tour Soccer - David Sharrock
- Lemmings - Matt O´Driscoll
- BUZZ - David Amor
- Pursuit Force - Simon Bursey & Chris Whiteside
- Formel One 05 - Clemens Wangerin
- SingStar - Paulina Bozek
- EyeToy: Kinetic - Tom Holmes
- WRC PSP & F1 Grand Prix PSP - Ivan Davies
- EyeToy: Play 3 - Nick Doucet

in adition to inaba, kojima and pro evo 5's shingo takatsuka.

Leatherface

God damnit. All that "GC" shit made me think they were showing Gamecube versions of the games... I got excited for a second. =_(

Kojima

Konami GC Lineup:

Castlevania®: Curse of Darkness
Genre: Action-Adventure
System: PlayStation®2, Xbox®

Castlevania®: Dawn of Sorrow
System: Nintendo DS

Coded Arms
Genre: Shooter
System: PSP

Crime Life: Gang Wars
Genre: Action
System: PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC CD-ROM

Dancing Stage® Max
Genre: Dancing
System: PlayStation 2

Death, Jr.

Metal Gear Acid
Genre: Action-Strategy

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Genre: Fußball
System: PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC-DVD, PSP

The Regiment
System: PlayStation 2, PC

Wallace & Gromit: Auf der Jagd nach dem Riesenkaninchen
System: PlayStation 2, Xbox

Shiggy

"Unter dem Motto ?Expand the Definition of Gaming? bietet Nintendo nicht nur Informationen zu den neuesten Spiele-Hits für Nintendo DS, Nintendo GameCube und Game Boy."

That's interesting. I've got that from the media site of NoE.

Top Bottom