• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Thread

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
just beat this game again...it was actually my 2nd time playing it all the way through (i kept reloading my save game from the middle of the game every time i replayed it)

the last boss is actually pretty damn easy...
just doing the CQC countering trick. i never knew you could do this until i watched the speed run. it's not even challenging at all, basically press circle when you hear Snake grunt when The Boss grabs you

jenov4

Since this thread was bumped, look at what came in the mail yesterday:

dsc051512pw.jpg

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
This game is so god damn underated. It was better than MGs2 and mgs1 in every way. I wish i could wipe my memory so that i can replay it again for the first time.

Finally got to finish this game and it was great fun - except the voice acting, which was pretty terrible considering how in past MGS games that was one element done consistantly well.

Why does Ocelot sound like a whiny American teen? Why do characters with Russian accents mysteriously have American accents for some phrases? Why do some of the peripheral Russian characters use American accents all the time? Despite being set in the 1960s, why does Sigint use modern slang and talks like he just walked off the set of TRL? Did anyone else find it hard to take The Boss character as seriously because she was voiced by the same actress who does "Dianne Simmons" on Family Guy? Every time she spoke I kept thinking about that character in the context of a Metal Gear game and it just seemed silly. Overall, great game, just some poorly chosen voice actors & direction for some roles.

Socreges

Banned
I'm playing through game of Extreme right now for the first time. Loving it.

I don't know if I have the patience for it, though. I need to develop new, more complicated stategies because after a while I get too aggressive and amibitious.

Top Bottom