• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official next gen boycott thread - one generation future!

pilonv1

Fuck paying $100 for hard drive. Fuck $100 for a wireless adapter. Faceplates $20?? :lol :lol

I don't expect PS3 to be any better. Next gen holds no interest for me, I've got a stack of games to finish for all three systems and there's life left in them still. Wario has also started a boycott movment, let's unify for the sake of this generation!

Who's with me?

Why xbox1 was 475 when launched here in EU?

These prices are not bad...

And everyone was always like wtf do need dvd for? I wished they had removed it so it was cheaper..

Now they have removed features..and everyone is MEH

pilonv1

Solid said:
i can easily sit with my ps2 and xbox tilll 2007.

The next gen resistance grows stronger!

human_peace.jpg

ZeMMiK

yep.. not with you...

advise buy as much you can of special editions and cheap consoles in original boxes and sell it in 5 years or so..then it is retro :D

Last time I jumped ships too early and missed out on some great PSX and N64 games. This time I am gonna wait until I have experienced all great current gen titles.

I will probably buy the best next generation system in winter 2006.

neptunes

I'm interested in hearing what nintendo and the revolution has to offer.

but until then, I'll stick with this gen.

FF12, Zelda, PSU, DQ8, PSU

Ponn

Banned
Yup, this coming gen will be brutal with prices and it's not going to leave room for 3 places. With the multiplatform games being equal on the 360 and PS3 and exclusives dwindling it will make less and less sense to buy both consoles and just stick with one. Nintendo was very very smart to just stay out of the game, keep their system small and cheap making them a shoe in for a second console regardless who wins the households between PS3 and 360.

Waiting till next year to see who has the best too offer to between PS3 and 360 and then will pick up a Revolution after the first price drop.

SantaC

Gold Member
neptunes said:
I'm interested in hearing what nintendo and the revolution has to offer.

but until then, I'll stick with this gen.

FF12, Zelda, DQ8

that's a sweet lineup. Too bad all of them is 2006.

pilonv1

THIS IS NOT THE REVOLUTION SPECULATION THREAD. Please take your hopes and dreams about next gen out of here and support what we have now! Just say no to next gen!

One generation future is proudly brought to you by Cheap Ass Gamers and NFL 2k3. Did you know that for the price of just one Xbox 360 premium pack you could own 133 copies of Sega's NFL 2k3? Think of all the hours of joy you could get from giving your Madden obsessed friends a copy of the a game with the worst defensive AI ever. There's plenty to love about this generation, spread the love with a copy of NFL2k3 TODAY!

Iam staying in this gen. My wallet is too spoiled with the low prices of games. So far the graphics and game play ideas are not a big enough leap from this gen.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
pilonv1 said:
One generation future is proudly brought to you by Cheap Ass Gamers and NFL 2k3. Did you know that for the price of just one Xbox 360 premium pack you could own 133 copies of Sega's NFL 2k3? Think of all the hours of joy you could get from giving your Madden obsessed friends a copy of the a game with the worst defensive AI ever. There's plenty to love about this generation, spread the love with a copy of NFL2k3 TODAY!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Fxp said:
Blame MS for rushing next-gen, dammit!

It's not that rushed. Okay Xbox -> Xbox360 is a little shorter than expected, but PS2 -> Xbox 360 is the standard 5 years. Hell depending on where you stand with the DC it's 6 years from the first current gen machine to the first next gen one.

Saying that, I'm standing with my no Next-gen brethren on this one. 2007 for me is looking like the earliest I'll go next-gen.

There are at least 9 major games I still want for the PS2 (SotC, DW8, FF12, Rogue Galaxy, Okami, Katamari 2, Grandia 3, Sly 3, KH2). That will carry me into the middle of next year at least. I don't understand why is everyone so hyped for next gen...

Sho Nuff

Banned
I fucking give up, no HDD equals no buy, plus you can enjoy loading up all 512MB of system ram from a slow-ass DVD or slower-ass Blu-Ray disc from scratch for every game you play.

IT SUCKS TO BE A GAMER

I'M GOING TO GO PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER ON MY PSP AND MASTURBATE LIFELESSLY.

Ridiculous. Not only is the $299 price point all but dead, but so will be the $99 price point you get 4-5 into a consoles life. We're looking at $149-199 being the new end of generation pricepoint, unless MS pricecuts go in $100 increments instead of the expected $50.

Tarazet

Although I have stated I'm going to wait for a price drop, I fail to see how any part of the 360's pricing structure is not fair. The only thing that would suck is if the premium unit sold out, and people were forced to sink a total of $640 into upgrading the base model to premium spec. Ouch.

But I spent a lot of money buying a PS2, GC and PSP, and my brother has an Xbox. I would have to be out of my mind to get an X360 now. Now if it was a Christmas gift, that would be another story.

sgt

btutterrow said:
There are at least 9 major games I still want for the PS2 (SotC, DW8, FF12, Rogue Galaxy, Okami, Katamari 2, Grandia 3, Sly 3, KH2). That will carry me into the middle of next year at least. I don't understand why is everyone so hyped for next gen...
Yes. PS2 still has alot of life left in it. I can hardly wait for Grandia 3!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's stupid of them because if I'm going to get ass-raped as a consumer, I'll get raped by the most powerful hardware (ie. not 360). Oh well.

It's funny too seeing this as a good sign for the REVOLUTION and whatever piece of crap they foist on people again.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I'm expecting the Revolution to launch at 300€ at max and thus I will have a next generation console right from launch on. I will also buy a 360, but first Banjo-Threeie has to released and the price of the real package has to be cut to 300€.

pilonv1

Wow what a coup. One Generation Future brings in an influential gaffer/oaer to bolster it's ranks! We will not be unheard!

Top Bottom