• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official September 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

[Nintex] said:
If Wii outsells the Xbox 360, MS can just pack up and leave the gaming industry. HALO 3 is their biggest game, combined with a pricedrop. What did Nintendo have? Metroid Prime 3 with no marketing at all and Reggie saying; "We won't have enough Mario Galaxy consoles this christmas."

So by that token Sony should have left months ago? You guys with your pre-numbers damage control. Get over it, Wii is still selling well, so there's no need to play the poor nintendo fan,its so 2005.

October, November, and December seem like better months for X360 to see the full impact of Halo 3 and the increase in marketing. I'd say it looks good for X360 to take best seller status for the rest of the year as well as see a massive increase in software sales beyond Halo 3.

maynerd

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
October, November, and December seem like better months for X360 to see the full impact of Halo 3 and the increase in marketing. I'd say it looks good for X360 to take best seller status for the rest of the year as well as see a massive increase in software sales beyond Halo 3.

In America maybe.

citrus lump said:
Despite all the chest pounding that will commence when hardware numbers are released, I will quietly sob in the corner over the likely Prime Bomb. :*(

Bomb ? Not comparable with an Halo3 of course, but I expect at least the same numbers of last month. So, a LTD of 500k+ is not that bad. And I think it will have legs. Anyway, yeah, it should have sold much more for its quality.

I blame the TERRIBLE NOA marketing.

iammeiam

I'm just reposting this because people aren't paging back to read it.

sonycowboy said:
There is definitely going to be a reaction. This is going to fucking epic. OMFG.

Official release at 6:30PM

Which I'm hoping means a bazillion in sales for the 360, but could potentially mean poor sales as well.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
oo Kosma oo said:
This NPD will be a bloodbath for Sony.

2003420097112041429_rs.jpg

I think Sony will be lost in the fray. MS and Nintendo will be battling it out, and Sony will be running around screaming "OMG! OMG!", but no one will notice. This month is all about MS vs Nintendo.

That is my crudely illustrated take on it.

Grecco

If theres a "reaction " then it means X360 kicked ass this month. 100k or more ahead of the Wii.

Everybody and their mother predicted the Wii would loose to the Halo behemoth last month. Just not by how much.

Theres always the posibility of a dropoff in Wii numbers. September had awfull software for the Wii.

MightyHedgehog said:

I don't think so. Halo 3 is the fanboy's game for excellence.And it will sell overall in its first month. Yes, it will have legs, but not at all comparable with Mario Galaxy or Smash, for example. X36's games have little legs because of their large fanbase, but have great attach rate for the same motivation.

duk

Banned
[Nintex] said:
If Wii outsells the Xbox 360, MS can just pack up and leave the gaming industry. HALO 3 is their biggest game, combined with a pricedrop. What did Nintendo have? Metroid Prime 3 with no marketing at all and Reggie saying; "We won't have enough Mario Galaxy consoles this christmas."

I am so sure.....

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
[Nintex] said:
Wii is still supply constrained. so if they had 1 million, they would sell a million. Your post makes it look like the Wii numbers are driven by demand which is silly.

C4Lukins

MightyHedgehog said:

It could happen. I think October will be very close, and November and December will come down to how many Wiis Nintendo can supply. Either way, it has to be put into perspective. It would be a great victory for the 360, but it will only happen because there are still not enough Wiis out there to meet demand.

Kosma

Banned
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I don't think so. Halo 3 is the fanboy's game for excellence.And it will sell overall in its first month. Yes, it will have legs, but not at all comparable with Mario Galaxy or Smash, for example. X36's games have little legs because of their large fanbase, but have great attach rate for the same motivation.

Gears had legs.

C4Lukins

Captain Pants said:

I think Sony will be lost in the fray. MS and Nintendo will be battling it out, and Sony will be running around screaming "OMG! OMG!", but no one will notice. This month is all about MS vs Nintendo.

Hey, only one of those 3 survives the film.

Gadfly said:
Wii is still supply constrained. so if they had 1 million, they would sell a million. Your post makes it look like the Wii numbers are driven by demand which is silly.
It won't really matter this month. THE 360 OUTSOLD THE WII!

:p

[Nintex] said:

Shame on whoever allowed this jackass to successfully register @ neogaf.

duk

Banned
Captain Pants said:

Sony has nice legs then...

Captain Pants said:

Sony will be running around going "We dropped our price! We dropped out price! Please 3rd party developers ignore the fact that the 360 sold ~1 million worldwide in September."

Gadfly

The Innocent X said:
So by that token Sony should have left months ago? You guys with your pre-numbers damage control. Get over it, Wii is still selling well, so there's no need to play the poor nintendo fan,its so 2005.
Don't bother really. This is a stealth troll post. He might have as well said if 360 does not sell 2 million it is a failure.

Gadfly

iammeiam said:
I'm just reposting this because people aren't paging back to read it.

Which I'm hoping means a bazillion in sales for the 360, but could potentially mean poor sales as well.
this is not what he originally said!

Innotech

Banned
360 will outsell Wii in this NPD. Im not sure why anyone is even doubting this considering Halo 3 sold 2 million+ at launch.

KeithFranklin said:
Sony will be running around going "We dropped our price! We dropped out price! Please 3rd party developers ignore the fact that the 360 sold ~1 million worldwide in September."

i unerstand the sentiment, but what are you smoking with those #'s?

Gadfly

Captain Pants said:

LOL at Sony's arrow..

Spasm

Innotech said:
360 will outsell Wii in this NPD. Im not sure why anyone is even doubting this considering Halo 3 sold 2 million+ at launch.
Cause Reggie said everyone who wanted Halo 3 already had a 360.

Innotech

Banned
Spasm said:
Cause Reggie said everyone who wanted Halo 3 already had a 360.

and most do, but how does that somehow mean that it wont have at least moved enough 360s to outsell the wii in Sept?

sonycowboy said:
i unerstand the sentiment, but what are you smoking with those #'s?

Just a quickie guestimate. 500K in US. I estimate Europe 1/2 of US and Canada. Then throw in a little here and a little there and you can quickly get to ~1 million.

Top Bottom