• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers Alternators Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

I know a while back I posted the prototype pictures of Autobot Tracks here and everyone was worried he was going to be yellow in his final form.

Unfortunately, he is. But they are releasing him in blue as well! Take a gander.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Right now there are only pictures of him in his alternate mode, but I like it.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I have the Impreza. I was actually intimidated by it. Took a day to transform it (well). I want hound badder than E. motherfucka. Where can I find him?

Also, aren't the Japanese versions made of die cast metal?

DaCocoBrova

Those things are a bitch transform. Not only that, but they never seem to hold their original shape after you transform it. Plus the plastic feels like it's not sturdy and ready to snap at any moment.

DaCocoBrova said:
Those things are a bitch transform. Not only that, but they never seem to hold their original shape after you transform it.
No doubt - I can never get Sideswipe's hood back in place.

When does Hound come out here? And does it looks like Tracks basically transforms like Sideswipe?

Hero

The US line is called "Transformers Alternators" and are plastic, retailing at 19.99 generally.

The Japanese line is called "Transformers Binaltech" and are die-cast, which will cost you ~50 dollars to import. Generally considered superior, but if money is tight then the choice is logical.

Hound has been trickling throughout the US, generally along the west coast so far.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
How much do Binaltechs cost in Japan? I find it hard to believe they cost nearly that much. Remember when importers were marking up import GBAs almost 100% over their Japanese MSRP?

Desperado

DaCocoBrova said:
Those things are a bitch transform. Not only that, but they never seem to hold their original shape after you transform it. Plus the plastic feels like it's not sturdy and ready to snap at any moment.

umm...i agree with you about the plastic, but...it took me like 15-20 mins to figure out how to transform Smokescreen to robot and back...same for Sideswipe. Without the instructions. Why does everyone else find these things so hard?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
And when the hell is Jazz (Mazda RX-8) coming out? They've been teasing us with that for way too long.

aparisi2274

I have the following imports:

20th Anniversary Optimus
Sideswipe
Hound

I must say that tracks looks like shit. I mean if Chevy wanted to promote the vette, then let them use the new model vette. Also, I dont know what it is, but the robots that have their guns double as their engines, stinks, because you can never get the hood closed right, and u can clearly see that in those pics. I really hope that the quality of these cars does not go down, as it is nice to have transformers again that resemble cars of today, and not that bright neon futuristic shit that they peddle to the kids on TV and in TRU.

DaCocoBrova

Without the instructions. Why does everyone else find these things so hard?

Because compared to the OG Transformers they're based off of...they are. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, the plastic makes them fragile.

I REALLY want the Optimus, but it's too damned expensive.

In other news, check out THIS KICK ASS TRANSFORMERS BOOK. It details the entire history thus far, and even some stuff I didn't know about. Only $16, and definitely worth it for anyone who grew up loving the Transformers. I'm sure that this book will be one of those items that years from now people will wish they had snatched up when it was available, and end up having to buy on ebay for about $100.

I paid like 4200y new for my Hound - about $40. Those suckers don't come cheap. But they're actual die-cast metal and look AWESOME, which is important to me. I can't stand the modern Transformers matte plastic shit.

aparisi2274

The Promised One said:
I know this is kinda off topic, but anyone in here ever own the Die-cast huge ass Voltron?

That thing was awesome.

I had and actually think I still have the original Lions Die-Cast Metal Volton. I also had the cars one, but I dont remember if that was metal. I think it was

xsarien

daedsiluap
TAJ said:
And when the hell is Jazz (Mazda RX-8) coming out? They've been teasing us with that for way too long.

Blame Mazda for jumping the gun, the pictures of the actual toy didn't leak until recently.

TAJ said:
How much do Binaltechs cost in Japan? I find it hard to believe they cost nearly that much. Remember when importers were marking up import GBAs almost 100% over their Japanese MSRP?

When you buy imported toys, part of the inflated cost is to recoup the shipping from Japan on top of the wholesale price of the toys, but also so the store you're buying it from makes at least some kind of profit.

TAJ

>>>I also had the cars one, but I dont remember if that was metal. I think it was<<<

The U.S. one by Matchbox wasn't. I still have it.

TAJ

U.S. importers are still making much bigger margins than Japanese stores, though, even after shipping expenses. And the rent for Japanese stores has to be much more expensive than the importers' web sites...

xsarien

daedsiluap
TAJ said:
U.S. importers are still making much bigger margins than Japanese stores, though, even after shipping expenses. And the rent for Japanese stores has to be much more expensive than the importers' web sites...

A lot of importers also have real stores.

aparisi2274

I know it will never happen, but I want to see some other 20th Anniversary transformers. I would love to see a 20th Anniversary Megatron, but unfortunately it would never be a gun. :( I mean I would love a 20th Anniversay Starscream or Soundwave, with some tapes thrown in, like Lazerbeak and Ravage. I think that would sell like hotcakes.

TAJ

>>>They need to make a BMW Z4 Alternator.<<<

They're already making an Alternator out of my favorite recent car design, (RX-8) so next up on my wishlist (for regular-sized, $20 ones) is Mirage.
I'd also like to see Skywarp as an F-22. It doesn't have to be to scale with the cars. The current plan to make the Decepticons palette-swaps of the Autobots is just lame.

TAJ

>>>I know it will never happen, but I want to see some other 20th Anniversary transformers. I would love to see a 20th Anniversary Megatron, but unfortunately it would never be a gun. I mean I would love a 20th Anniversay Starscream or Soundwave, with some tapes thrown in, like Lazerbeak and Ravage. I think that would sell like hotcakes.<<<

I saw a new Japanese reproduction of Megatron at the San Diego Comicon last summer. It was $75. I don't know how much it is now, though.

aparisi2274

TAJ said:
>>>I know it will never happen, but I want to see some other 20th Anniversary transformers. I would love to see a 20th Anniversary Megatron, but unfortunately it would never be a gun. I mean I would love a 20th Anniversay Starscream or Soundwave, with some tapes thrown in, like Lazerbeak and Ravage. I think that would sell like hotcakes.<<<

I saw a new Japanese reproduction of Megatron at the San Diego Comicon last summer. It was $75. I don't know how much it is now, though.

Yeah what did it look like? Did it look like the original G1 gun? Did it look better? Was it the New Years Edition of Megatron???

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
xsarien said:
Short of the Smallest Transformers that have recently come out, there have been no - no - other iterations of G1 Megatron released recently.
I have a Chrono Q Megatron that begs to differ ;)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
oh, that sucks, I thought he meant it was a megatron along the lines of 20th anniversay Prime.

Shompola

Banned
TAJ said:

4980 yen. That is 45USD. And shit > HOUND

HOUND is just crap. I simple odn't know why anyone wants him. Diecast parts are almost none existant other than the hood part. Wheels can't move sideways. Feels and looks like a big plastic piece.

"I saw a new Japanese reproduction of Megatron at the San Diego Comicon last summer. It was $75. I don't know how much it is now, though."

If it didn't have any chrome it was Mega Plex wich is a kick ass toy. 75USD doesn't sound too bad for a MISB one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom