• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Game Installs thread

FrankT

gogogow said:
I just bought an 360 arcade and a 120GB HDD. But I can't seem to install any games at all.
It stays at 0% or something goes to 1% and then I get an error message: disc is dirty or is scratched or something to that extent. But all my games are new, there's not a single scratch or dust on the disc. I tried Bayonetta, Crackdown, NG2, Lost Odyssey and Banjo.
Is it the DVD drive? But all of my games plays just fine. I'm at chapter 6 in Bayonetta and played quite a bit of Crackdown. I can watch DVD movies, can listen to music CD's.
But another problem is that I can't rip any music at all, I'm just getting that circle icon, tried many CD's already. And I also get error messages like "can't download this item" or the downloads just stop at 60% when downloading big demos like Forza 3 and Fable II Episode 1. I have no problem with smaller demo's like COD2 and videos. Is it the HDD?
Anyone with similar problems, can't seem to find much info at all on the web.
Any help or info is appreciated. I was a PS3 and Wii owner and I really like the 360, but these problems/errors is driving me crazy.

Is either one of those used? Never heard of such issues.

gogogow

Jtyettis said:
Is either one of those used? Never heard of such issues.
Nope, the 360 is 100% new, the HDD is supposed to be new, it's from ebay. So that might be the problem, but why would the download stop and some demos works just fine?

Haunted

Since the thread has been bumped recently, I might as well: are there any other games besides Halo 3 where a HDD install makes the load times worse/has other drawbacks?

I've got a couple of older games I want to try (mainly Viking and Table Tennis).

Foxix Von

Haunted said:
Since the thread has been bumped recently, I might as well: are there any other games besides Halo 3 where a HDD install makes the load times worse/has other drawbacks?

I've got a couple of older games I want to try (mainly Viking and Table Tennis).

Not sure, but I can tell you not to bother installing Qubed as even if you do it still runs off the drive =/

Top Bottom