• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, I have decided to get the Xbox 360 at launch, who else is with me and why?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
U.2.K. Tha Greate$t said:
Waiting for the price to drop to 150 or 130 used, so in other words. Hell nah, i aint getting rip .

You mean you aren't super rich and going to ressurect the dreamcast with 500 games? I guess It's time for me to eat my hat.

Kiyamon

I'm going to get an X360 at launch. I think the MS is going to make sure high profile games come out for the console, and I for one am impressed with graphics (which will only get better). I am for sure getting Morrowind:Oblivion, Madden, and either NBA2k6 or NBA LIVE... other possibilities include PDZ and GR.

Oh yes, without a doubt! X360 is looking hot as shit.

briefcasemanx said:
You mean you aren't super rich and going to ressurect the dreamcast with 500 games? I guess It's time for me to eat my hat.
:lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
reading about PGR3 and just the maybe of RR reassures me about my decision to get X360 at launch.

Its the drivers choice.

Gek54

Pros:
PGR3
COD2
GOW
GR3
Live
BC

Cons:
Price
Lots of great current gen games still around the corner
Backlog of PS2 and Xbox titles
Ugly white
PS3 w/guarantee of DFP support

Right now unless PGR3 is 60fps with DFP drivers then I am still on the fence.

Chiggs

Gek54 said:
Pros:

Cons:
Price
Lots of great current gen games still around the corner
Backlog of PS2 and Xbox titles
Ugly white
PS3 w/guarantee of DFP support

1. Pfft! Work more hours!
2. Get them later.
3. Trade some of them in.
4. Faceplates.
5. Get that, too!

soul.less

Banned
I'm getting it at launch, too (or plan to, anyway)... forget the fact that I have a site that is half-related to the damn thing (basically meaning that I HAVE to purchase it), some of the games look good enough to purchase the system at launch for (Project Gotham Racing 3, Elder Scrolls IV, etc.).

BioFan

yup
1. lost oddysey
2. blue dragon
3. 99 nights
4. chrome hounds
5. dead rising
6. ghost recon 3
7. [eM]
:)

u_neek

I'm getting an X360 at launch but there'll be too many good games to choose from.

DOA4, Oblivion, PGR3, Ridge Racer, Perfect Dark?.... can't decide.

Amir0x

Banned
We sure do have this thread every week.

Once more, no systems for me at launch. First time in 10+ years that I'm doin' that. I'll eventually own them all, though. But upcoming current gen games are too much to shift over just yet.

Prine

Banned
XBL is one of the main reasons to get Xbox360 imo. Cant wait to check out the new features that XBL will offer.

The system itself seems to be put together so well, far more interesting than the other 2. When your watching TV a friend can send you an invite, J Minters lightsynth, being ablr to broadcast my custom soundtracks when talking to XBL friends, the wireless controllers, the circle of light, customizable faceplates, mediacentre capabilities, possibly HD-DVD playback.

Hell yeah im there on day one. I'll be passing on Zelda this year because of it.

BuddyC

bill0527 said:
:lol :lol :lol

I'm going to hope that you're being sarcastic. I fucking hate everything that Nintendo has become over the last 5 years, but I still had a helluva lot of fun with my N64 up until its 2nd or 3rd year of life when all the good games and 3rd party support started to disappear. Mario64 is the reason why we're playing games in 3d. Even the most jaded of gamers and the worst of the Nintendo haters have to admit that.
I think what you're trying to say would be "Mario 64 is a large influence as to why we've seen so many mediocre 3D platformers across the past ten years."

Zaptruder

Banned
Me, because I'm hyped up for next gen, any next gen, and I also know they'll be a shit load of awesome games for the X360.

But I'll get 2 PS3s (one at JP/US launch, and one at AU launch) to balance out the equation!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
gonna pre-order this weekend. I usually buy every home console, anyway, but Xbox has quickly become my favorite brand. My most wanted launch games:

PGR3
Call of Duty II
Perfect Dark 0
NBA Live 2006

PhatSaqs

Banned
Pretty sure i'll be getting one. A launch day pickup is looking more and more likely but its not in stone yet. I'm really hoping Saints Row, PD0 and Kameo turn out well.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I've been hearing word that EB is now on their second pre-order list or some shit like that. Are pre-orders really that high or is this just bunk? I can't trust what the EB guys say - they are always pulling that "If you don't pre-order now, you won't get one at launch" bullshit.

Amir0x

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
I've been hearing word that EB is now on their second pre-order list or some shit like that. Are pre-orders really that high or is this just bunk? I can't trust what the EB guys say - they are always pulling that "If you don't pre-order now, you won't get one at launch" bullshit.

IIRC, they're on their third shipment already. US sell through for XBX360 at launch is going to be spectacular in my opinion.

Gek54

bill0527 said:
Even the most jaded of gamers and the worst of the Nintendo haters have to admit that.

Im pretty sure I was rockin RidgeRacer, Tekken, wipEout and WarHawk before Mario64 ever hit the ground. (all of those games were 3D in case it wasnt clear).

blahness

DMczaf said:
madden13go.jpg
madden45ug.jpg

The only reason to get an Xbox 360.

he looks like he is about to cry

did he spill his milk?

Top Bottom