• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On Era, being critical of Microsoft is a bannable offence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelta88

Being too critical of Microsoft
Many of us visit both sites and until recently I was a member there before asking for a perm. My reasoning, seeing people get banned for having critical thought about XB's efforts in the gaming industry. Today, after mass layoffs at XB people are being banned. The offence... Thinking critically.

gzf7yxO.png

Last edited:

gtabro

Can anyone pls explain what kind of values the people on RE have? I know they are left-leaning and VERY LGBT+-welcoming to a fault (from what I've heard), but anything more specific? Their behaviour seems extremely arbitrary and dare I say, actually toxic..?

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

Can anyone pls explain what kind of values the people on RE have? I know they are left-leaning and VERY LGBT+-welcoming to a fault (from what I've heard), but anything more specific? Their behaviour seems extremely arbitrary and dare I say, actually toxic..?
They built up their safe space bubble and refuse to let any actual discourse be discussed. They want that bubble. THey arent left leaning, they are far-left. Like all the way left.

Last edited:

Bry0

You’re supposed to just go like “oh no I hope everyone lands on their feet, im literally shook!” and nothing else. Further discussion or sharing of opinion is bannable. Not the first time they have done this type of moderation. It just causes threads to be post after post of (frankly ineffective) expressions of sympathy. It’s so irritating. What’s the point?

Sethbacca

The only thing more annoying than console warring is the forum warring that goes on around here. At the end of the day I think a lot of the weirdo anti-woke sentiment around here is nonsense, but RE goes too far in locking down what people can say without being banned which is why I stay here. This forum would be a lot better if everyone just stopped acknowledging the other one entirely rather than renting out free headspace to it on a daily basis.

They are hardcore consumer whores and shills who hide behind "you're a nazi" when someone criticizes their favorite soulless product.

Last edited:

Blindy

The worst part of the site is they hide under cowardice and if confronted, they either try a gang up or just outright ban you with no real hearing. Their arguing of a ban is a trash system. Total hivemind and the moderators single handedly ruin the website entirely. There's only so much someone can really take of that.

Does not surprise me they will outright ban anyone who questions anything a gaming company does. Unless it goes against their POV/thinking, then it's a merry-go-round.

Things I've seen on Era:
* The Soviet Union was "working just fine" until it collapsed
* The concept of private property is inherently racist and pro-slavery
* Children who wear Trump clothes should go to adult prison
* Actors who attend church should be cancelled
* If someone breaks into your house/apt, you should help them rob you of your stuff because they obviously need it more than you do
* America "did nothing at all" to prevent the spread of Covid

All of these posts went un-moderated on a site where moderation is based on political leaning, not the TOS.

Last edited:
I love to be on era but they know i post here (they said there is a problem with my IP) and they/them ask for my pronouns (which i don't even know what am i)?

i think i am not worth of the most sensible, inclusive, reasonable and diverse gaming forum. well, they are losing a great asset. i always have defended MS and Xbox as the innovative and forward thinking company they are.

They had threads that were mass ban graves of people daring to say Pokemon games have bad graphics.

Because criticizing lazy developers for milking the biggest gaming brand in existence with bad products at full price apparently makes you a nazi. Or an alt-right dog whistler, or whatever meaningless label they have moved on to.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Things I've seen on Era:
* If someone breaks into your house/apt, you should help them rob you of your stuff because they obviously need it more than you do

All of these posts went un-moderated on a site where moderation is based on political leaning, not the TOS.
As someone who's from a country that was part of the Soviet Union, I can absolutely guarantee that pretty much 99% of their userbase would've been put in labor camp if they tried to preach all the bullshit they're doing now.

Either this, or getting severely beaten.

The only thing more annoying than console warring is the forum warring that goes on around here. At the end of the day I think a lot of the weirdo anti-woke sentiment around here is nonsense, but RE goes too far in locking down what people can say without being banned which is why I stay here. This forum would be a lot better if everyone just stopped acknowledging the other one entirely rather than renting out free headspace to it on a daily basis.
100% but i dont see it mentioned nearly as much as it used to be....

it's really only when people get banned (newbies typically) and come here to highlight it because they think it's still relevant/topical or when some select repeat users here that just can't let go and use it as a way to rip on something, usually in a sarcastic poking fun manner of triggering/extreme left POV.

enough time has elapsed since the halving that both coexist and have become their own without the other

Last edited:
Things I've seen on Era:

Don't forget this classic

Feminist Discussion of Anime and Manga |OT| Not your waifu​

Švejk

Not surprised at all. Their sticky threads are the most comically bad tasting hypocrisy of posts (linked to child labor one especially, amongst others), it's staggering. People on that board cannot see the forest through the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom