• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, you probably should just sick Joseph Joestar on him, since Kars was basically as overpowered as Saitama and JoJo still found a way to beat him.

Oh man, JoJo x OPM, this is the crossover I NEED

I'd half expect him to just look around all confused in the frozen time, freaking out Dio/Jotoro

parasight

Such a fun watch. Was persuaded to watch all the episodes after seeing a clip of the physical exam. Some legitimate rolling on the floor laughing moments. My favourite so far being "consecutive normal punches".

Tacitus_

Yep it would be awesome, but that would mean... no Fubuki and no King, and that's just sad.

They're both on the poster so I'd expect at least minor scenes

visual_01.png

Also not translating the name of the hero association founder to chinner (which would be a better hint as to who saved his grandson if the chin wasn't obvious enough)

I had to explain it to people at work today who didn't pick up on it, so I'm pretty confident in saying there was a failure in communication there.

dabig2

There should be more anime/manga/VN/LN with older characters 20+ (outside school). I'm quite bored with teenagers as protags.

Yeah. This is one of the things that drew me to One Piece so strongly actually. Everyone was around 17+ at the start and it's not like they have school or even training in One Piece so it leaves the story open for a lot of world building.

Why thought that them saying "three years ago" was enough to clue people in lol.

That plus his nephew being randomly saved by a passerby fits the description of Saitama pretty well.

But, not everyone has the same subs and not everyone will pick up on it. I find it hilarious that Saitama is literally an unknown at this point.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Just started watching this series from word of mouth and I've been more excited about upcoming episodes of this than The Flash live action show.

Cuz he's like 24 and bald

He should move to the west where women seem to be more into that.

77sHbYx.jpg

I didn't think of the age paradigm. It makes perfect sense. Could be why I gravitate towards this so much. Seeing teenagers and pre teens as protagonist has been getting "old". I'm glad that he is bald as well. This is just good ol anime if you ask me. Just doing it right on so many levels.

tumblr_nx61kaClau1s323epo1_250.gif

This part killed me.

I didn't think of the age paradigm. It makes perfect sense. Could be why I gravitate towards this so much. Seeing teenagers and pre teens as protagonist has been getting "old". I'm glad that he is bald as well. This is just good ol anime if you ask me. Just doing it right on so many levels.
It's like the least anime anime ever. I think that's what I like about it.

[IM]http://38.media.tumblr.com/d5664e13adc014559896448c742da185/tumblr_nx61kaClau1s323epo1_250.gif[/IMG]

This part killed me.

It's like the least anime anime ever. I think that's what I like about it.

Cowboy Bebop isn't very anime either. It's something that appeals to many I guess. I too enjoy when anime doesn't rely on industry cliches.

Well yes it's an anime. It's a cartoon that comes from Japan.

And if you mean trope wise, it relies on shounen tropes in order to lampoon them.

Saying something is "anime" or "not very anime" is just silly imo.

It refers to its adherence to the broad group of tropes that characterize most anime.

Seems reasonable to me.

The bread and butter of OPM is subverting and deconstructing Shonen tropes, tho. It's still very anime, just in a satirical sort of way.

it's just poor word choice, but saying you are glad it doesn't use many tropes would be better. I don't need to see Saitama realizing he is late for the first day of school and running in the morning with toast in his mouth....

No wait, yes I do.

lol surely there was a more recent trope you could've used.

Jintor

Either they should've straight up called him Chinner or they should've had a close-up on the Chariman's face when Saitama was looking at the packet. Either way gets the relation to the big-chinned kid really easily.

we should really have a manga/webcomic thread for this series :/

They're both on the poster so I'd expect at least minor scenes

visual_01.png

is the blonde guy on the top left supposed to be
Lightspeed Flash?

25 is too old

image.php

I imagine the endgame is Saitama finally getting credit for his heroics.

This is plausible, also I would like to know officially how Saitama got his power, but I don't know if we'll find out. Another endgame could possibly be Saitama getting a satisfying fight.

OPM plays hard off well established shonen tropes. As Hosanna said the real least anime series would be something like Flowers of Evil, because of its look.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The budget on this show is insane, there has been incredibly well animated moments in every episode so far.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Can't get this damn Daisuki player to work. Get the flashing logo to appear on Chrome and PS4, and that's it. Microsoft Edge gets the me logo + a circular progress bar, but it's been 5 minutes and nothing's happened.

Is it just me?

Then i'D have to guess that this show has been in production for a very long time.

Probably not. A good production schedule helps a lot.

Can't get this damn Daisuki player to work. Get the flashing logo to appear on Chrome and PS4, and that's it. Microsoft Edge gets the me logo + a circular progress bar, but it's been 5 minutes and nothing's happened.

Is it just me?

Yeah Daisuki is kind of ass sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom